D&D 4E A mystery Race in 4E FRCG (Rich Baker scoop)

The Ubbergeek

First Post
Minor point.... Drow where never united I think, not even once at the begining (not sure there).

They always had fiercely independant city-states, like greeks or phoenicians. AT the very least after the Sundering.

jtrowell

First Post
I don't believe it will be Orcs, because there are not a FR specific race. Why would they put Orcs in FR, what about Eberron where there already are an almost playable race ? And i wouldn't want them to be only in Eberron and not available in other campaign settings.

I expect to get the rules for orc PCs, but in core (first in MM1, then maybe later with a full write-up in the PHB2, in time for Eberron), not in the FRCS nor the ECS.

That way all capaign settings will be able to use them as playable characters.

Sitara

Explorer
The mystery race will be Assimar. Its beyond obvious guys. They need a counterpoint to tieflings at some point.

Furthermore, in FR its been said that Tieflings will have a connection to Narfell; maybe the Assimar will be connected to Raumathar?

drothgery

First Post
Steely Dan said:
Drow aren't a FR specific race, and yet their write up will be in the FR campaign book (unfortunately).

No, but the 'iconic' Drow is an FR character, and they're far more important to that setting than they are to any other WotC setting.

Steely Dan

Banned
Banned
drothgery said:
No, but the 'iconic' Drow is an FR character, and they're far more important to that setting than they are to any other WotC setting.

Try telling that to Greyhawk fans – FR stole our drow!

Toryx

First Post
I think it'll be the Orc. The Orc has been one of the most popular called for Core race since the original mystery race was discussed for the PHB. Now that the Dragonborn has been revealed, they're going to want to go with something popular.

FR would be the logical choice for it. It'd fit with the setting changes of the new Orc homeland, it'd meet the high demand of the public, and it'd make it so that they can focus on something else for Eberron a year later.

The Genasi is a good guess, but I don't think that'd make an interesting enough mystery race to really grab all that much interest. The Orc would excite for more players.

Remove ads