• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A New DRAGON+?

You got a message from Dragon+? Via email?

People who want easily accessed official D&D news and product information via a mobile app. Most big brands have similar apps; it's quite normal.

I think a fair percentage of the tabletop crowd aren't used to this sort of app...and WotC's marketing team may not realize that for the old guard, the Dragon magazine association is actually having a negative effect on their app. If this think had been called "D&DNews" or something I think no one would be concerned (or using it....so...yeah)

EDIT: given how many people here have also expressed trouble navigating the WotC website I also wonder if there's something fundamental in WotCs style and layout online that is problematic...are they trying too hard to appeal to a contemporary crowd, and the average D&Der is looking for something with more functionality over style? Seems like a fair assessment to me (I'd rather have function over style too).

SteveC

Doing the best imitation of myself
Okay, this is starting to be a habit for me, and it's one I don't like. I really want to like this app, but this is the second issue that randomly locks up and requires me to reboot my phone!

I don't want to turn into the Fox Mulder of RPG applications, but ... wow.

The thing is, I use a couple of other reading apps that work just fine, and my phone is a new one (a Samsung Note 4).

And I was actually enjoying the article on D&D computer games, having actually played the one on the old Intellivision.

So I'm hoping that the third time will be the charm next month.

MartyW

Explorer
App consistently locking up on me after "Checking for updates" step in iOS (both iPhone and iPad). There's a serious bug that strikes whenever it tries to update itself.

After an app restart, I usually can peruse the content, but overall it's a severe disappointment (still). Even the newsfeed function is hit and miss, so it fails both as a magazine and a social media browser.

Full review coming from the owlbear soon.

Remove ads

Remove ads