• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A New DRAGON+?

You got a message from Dragon+? Via email?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Last edited by a moderator:

MartyW

Explorer
It's working for me.

Here's a list of the contents:

*Letter from the Editor
*Ad for Spellstorm
*Where It All Started: D&D Videogames
*Exploring Sword Coast Legends
*Ad for Sword Coast Legends
*Neverwinter: Strongholds
*Ad for Neverwinter MMO
*Video & Audio Highlights
*The Winter King, a short story set in Icewind Dale
*Ad for Icewind Dale enhanced edition
*Fantasy Grounds
*Interview with Ed Greenwood
*Community: Dice Rolling Rituals
*Tavern Tales: D&D Adventurers League News
*Ad for shirts and beholder dice bag
*Gauntlet Gophers
*Ad for Temple of Elemental Evil game
*Next Issue ...

So... It has about as much useful content as the last issue for people with home games. (i.e. - None at all). This makes me unbelievably sad and disappointed.

Drabix

First Post
Saw the 2nd edition on my HTC One Friday, went to read it this morning and it's gone. But after reading the comments here, I don't think I'm missing much.

aramis erak

Legend
You got a message from Dragon+? Via email?

If you're on android, you gmail account is also your play store account, and the publisher can email you on that account. I don't know if it's done through the play store or directly...

I'll note that...
Issue 1: The editor's letter wouldn't scroll
Issue 2: the editor's letter, the video list, the comic, and the Ed Greenwood interview wouldn't scroll.

I'm wondering if that's specific to my tablet, or if it's a more general android issue, or if it happens on iOS....

Zaran

Adventurer
I have to ask who this app is supposed to be for? Someone new to the brand is going to get frustrated just downloading it and give up. Someone like me who has bought into the brand already isn't going to find anything more useful in it. Only reason why I downloaded is because I miss the magazine. How does it help the brand? Seems like they wasted their money. I also took the survey. There is a question that asks if you played any dnd after using the app. I can just see someone equating the app as reason why we played dnd but that's a fallacy. Just seems like another failed attempt to bring dnd to the digital age to me. Maybe they should just take out ads in video game mags and let someone else do their ad platform for them.

Zaran

Adventurer
People who want easily accessed official D&D news and product information via a mobile app. Most big brands have similar apps; it's quite normal.

Then I have to say they are wasting their time with this app. I access their website via my phone just fine. The app just adds at least 3 more steps to finding anything. Not to mention accessing the app crashes it half the time for me.

Remove ads

Remove ads