• Resources are back! Use the menu in the main navbar. If you own a resource, please check it for formatting, icons, etc.

5E A New Frontier [IC]

Thateous

Explorer
As the party hurries back toward the entrance goblins dart into cracks to make way. Luthor recalls that Worgs are different from wolves. Worgs have a higher level of intelligence than wolves and are more often than not evil in nature. A couple of panicked goblins run past you with an animal carcass as you emerge from the cave.

"TukTuk is still out there." says one of the perimeter guards, in goblin, as you exit. The goblins have overturned their seats to use as makeshift barriers against the wolves. How useful they'd be is questionable at best.
 

Thateous

Explorer
"No, Tuk Tuk is best goblin trapper... Wait I see him!" points the chieftain as a shadowed figure emerges from the treeline approximately 100 feet from your position. Behind the goblin wolves nip at his heels.

OOC: roll initiative
 
Last edited:

MetaVoid

Explorer
Tarukka draws a blade, feeling much safer with the blade in hand even if he's still underground. But there is a hint of fresh air and open space up front and prospect of dangerous combat. Life is good.

[roll0]
 

Thateous

Explorer
OOC: Party is first up, beating the wolves initiative with ease. 100 feet away is a goblin fleeing toward you with 6 wolves in hot pursuit.
 

Azurewraith

Explorer
Ramas chuckles to himself at their master trapper fleeing as he does he hurls a fire ball at the closest wolf.
OOC: [roll0]
[roll1]
 

MetaVoid

Explorer
"Are we really fighting wolves for the goblins?" Tarruka seems uncomfortable with the idea. "I will not waste spells on them." He does step forward, protecting the group from direct charge, just not engaging at a distance.


OOC: I have no ranged capability beyond spells (no ranged cantrips)
 

KahlessNestor

Explorer
Jamestown Colony/Goblin Cave
Morning
Round 1

Arjhan strode confidently forward toward the goblin. He stopped and brandished his holy symbol, speaking words of power. Between the goblin and the wolves, the grass suddenly grew hard and spiky and sharp, cutting the feet of the wolves as they raced into it.

[sblock=Actions]
Action: Cast Spike Growth between the wolves and the goblin. 20’ radius difficult terrain and take damage.
Spike Growth damage: 2D4 = [3, 2] = 5
Move: 30’ forward (now 70’ from wolves)
Bonus Action:
Free Object Interaction:
Concentration: Spike Growth
Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
HP: 27/27
AC: 18 (chainmail, shield) 16 (without shield)
Spear: +7 1d6+5/P (2H: 1d8+5) Range 20/60
Greatclub: +7 1d8+5/B (2H)
Dagger: +7 1d4+5/P Range 20/60
Light Crossbow: +3 1d8+1/P Range 80/320
Breath weapon (1/R): 15’ cone Con DC 13 half poison
Spells: +5/DC 13

Cantrips: Guidance, Light, Sacred Flame, Thorn Whip
L1 (4/4): (Animal Friendship, Speak with Animals), Bless, Cure Wounds, Guiding Bolt, Healing Word
L2 (1/2): (Barkskin, Spike Growth), Prayer of Healing, Spiritual Weapon
Channel Divinity (1/R)
Turn Undead
Charm Animals and Plants
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party Loot]
3 Luck stones
2 paired stones (finding stones?)
[/sblock]
 

Thateous

Explorer
Luthor' s flame paired with Arjhan's spiked growth outright kills a wolf mid stride. The other wolves moral is just about to break when a pair of dire wolves emerge from the hedgerows. Though there pursuit is slowed by the growth they continue after the goblin... but wait, where did he go... the momentary commotion of the growth and the appearance of the dire wolves seems to have allowed the goblin to give everyone the slip.
OOC: perception check to find him
 

MetaVoid

Explorer
Tarukka focuses on the wolves, the goblins presence just barely registering. The presence of the worgs explains the behaviour of the normal pack. And now they will suffer for the evil of their leaders. But that is how it is - the strong rule the weak, natures way. He was lucky to be taken by the elves when he was otherwise he might just be the leader of one such pack. Or its lowest member. But now, it is time to kill.

[roll0]
 

KahlessNestor

Explorer
Jamestown Colony/Goblin Cave
Morning
Round 2

Perception: 1D20+3 = [4]+3 = 7

Arjhan lost track of the goblin, but the new threat of the dire wolves was of more import. He walked forward again to confront them, stopping just at the edge of the spike growth, maintaining that spell, but hopefully preventing the direwolves from leaving the area of damage-dealing plant growth.

OOC: Not quite picturing where everything is. If at least 2 of the animals in the 30’ radius, he will Channel Divinity to Charm them (DC 13 Wis save). Otherwise, if he is in melee he will attack with his spear, and if not in melee, then sacred flame DC 13 Dex save


[sblock=Actions]
Action: Either:
1. Channel Divinity: Charm DC 13 Wis
2. Spear: 1D20+7 = [16]+7 = 23
1D6+5 = [5]+5 = 10

3. Sacred Flame: 1D8 = [1] = 1
Move: 30’ forward (now 40’? from wolves)
Bonus Action:
Free Object Interaction:
Concentration: Spike Growth
Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
HP: 27/27
AC: 18 (chainmail, shield) 16 (without shield)
Spear: +7 1d6+5/P (2H: 1d8+5) Range 20/60
Greatclub: +7 1d8+5/B (2H)
Dagger: +7 1d4+5/P Range 20/60
Light Crossbow: +3 1d8+1/P Range 80/320
Breath weapon (1/R): 15’ cone Con DC 13 half poison
Spells: +5/DC 13

Cantrips: Guidance, Light, Sacred Flame, Thorn Whip
L1 (4/4): (Animal Friendship, Speak with Animals), Bless, Cure Wounds, Guiding Bolt, Healing Word
L2 (1/2): (Barkskin, Spike Growth), Prayer of Healing, Spiritual Weapon
Channel Divinity (1/R)
Turn Undead
Charm Animals and Plants
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party Loot]
3 Luck stones
2 paired stones (finding stones?)
[/sblock]
 

Neurotic

Adventurer
OOC: Sorry for the wait, I was disturbed before posting and later forgot to post and the thread was marked read


Luthor focuses on the wolves and worgs, completely ignoring the goblin. If they are allies, he is of no importance. If they betray and attack them there is whole tribe of them and one more will make no difference.

Luthor hefts his shield and joins others in front line near the stone growth.

[roll0]
 

Thateous

Explorer
OOC: Not your fault. I'm a bit slow posting lately. Having a hard time readjusting to life at home after 9 months in a desert.
Those with #>15 notice the goblinoids shadowy figure slide underneath a stump. You may all take your turns right meow.
 

Advertisement

Top