D&D 5E A New Frontier [IC]

Tarukka, uncomfortable in closed confines of the office and with the group pressed inside prawls the hall. As Alice warns the group he goes down to check new arrivals.

Thateous

Explorer
"Like large cat's, or maybe dogs." she giggles, "One of them looks like a really fat cat. It's hard to tell, I can't see details, only their outlines as they approach. I couldn't see this when you came..." she trails off.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Jamestown Colony/Manor House
Morning
Round 0

“I don’t recall seeing anything like that in town,” Arjhan commented. “Shall I put a crossbow bolt at their feet to warn them not to approach further?” He leaned his spear against the wall and undid his shield. He pulled out his light crossbow and started loading it.

[sblock=Actions]
Action:
Move:
Bonus Action:
Free Object Interaction:
Concentration:
Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
HP: 27/27
AC: 18 (chainmail, shield) 16 (without shield)
Spear: +7 1d6+5/P (2H: 1d8+5) Range 20/60
Greatclub: +7 1d8+5/B (2H)
Dagger: +7 1d4+5/P Range 20/60
Light Crossbow: +3 1d8+1/P Range 80/320
Breath weapon (1/R): 15’ cone Con DC 13 half poison
Spells: +5/DC 13

Cantrips: Guidance, Light, Sacred Flame, Thorn Whip
L1 (4/4): (Animal Friendship, Speak with Animals), Bless, Cure Wounds, Guiding Bolt, Healing Word
L2 (2/2): (Barkskin, Spike Growth), Prayer of Healing, Spiritual Weapon
Channel Divinity (1/R)
Turn Undead
Charm Animals and Plants
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party Loot]
3 Luck stones
2 paired stones (finding stones?)
[/sblock]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC: just to be absolutely sure, there are four creatures, two human(oid)s approaching the door and two animal-like creatures close by?

"If those two are townspeople, they may be in danger. And anyhow, we should be ready for trouble so maybe we should all go down and welcome the guests?"

Luthor starts after Tarukka telling the air
"Thank you for the warning, Alice."

Thateous

Explorer
As the party makes its way to the foyer, tension begins to build as the silence is broken by a loud thud. Rumblings can be heard through the thick wooden door, just before a loud crash forces open the door and a bear charges through. A wolf follows closely behind and the creature's eyes dart around to each of you. Just as the powder keg of tension is about to erupt a voice from outside the door calls in, "Wait a minute... Yep that's them." A humanoid figure moves through the door, lowering his weapon and scratching the back of his head in confusion. A second humanoid enters and as your eyes adjust to the light you recognize them to be humans. "We thought yall were dead for sure. Were you just taking a week off in here?" he says, spitting some black ichor back outside.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Jamestown Colony/Manor House
Morning
Round 0

As the door burst open, Arjhan readied his spear to throw at the large bear that erupted into the room, followed by a wolf. But the pair of humans entered behind and called them off.

“Not taking off, just resting,” the big dragonborn cleric said, lowering his weapon. “And just who are you?” He didn’t recall seeing the man back in town.

[sblock=Actions]
Action:
Move:
Bonus Action:
Free Object Interaction:
Concentration:
Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
HP: 27/27
AC: 18 (chainmail, shield) 16 (without shield)
Spear: +7 1d6+5/P (2H: 1d8+5) Range 20/60
Greatclub: +7 1d8+5/B (2H)
Dagger: +7 1d4+5/P Range 20/60
Light Crossbow: +3 1d8+1/P Range 80/320
Breath weapon (1/R): 15’ cone Con DC 13 half poison
Spells: +5/DC 13

Cantrips: Guidance, Light, Sacred Flame, Thorn Whip
L1 (4/4): (Animal Friendship, Speak with Animals), Bless, Cure Wounds, Guiding Bolt, Healing Word
L2 (2/2): (Barkskin, Spike Growth), Prayer of Healing, Spiritual Weapon
Channel Divinity (1/R)
Turn Undead
Charm Animals and Plants
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party Loot]
3 Luck stones
2 paired stones (finding stones?)
[/sblock]

"What do you mean, taken week off? We're here...actually, never mind that. HOW long exactly are we here?" Tarukkas first was to correct it, but his mage mind quickly caught up with the statement. And given that they were in some strange demiplane...they're lucky it's not years, but weeks in the real world.

He remains at respectful distance from the animals, but covering the lines of attack toward Ramas and other "softer" targets.

Azurewraith

Explorer
Ramas hand flares as the beats burst in, seeing the men behind them he relaxes "Where I come from we knock." Ramas says in the most deadpan he can manage."A week you say?"

River Song

Explorer
Thren eye's the animals and looks at the humans, "Interesting, seems like we may have been experiencing either a case of mistaken identity or that something timey-wimey has happened here."

He pauses thoughtfully, "B-b-b-y the way, d-d-do you train and s-s-sell cats?" Thren asks as he points to the two obviously tame animals.

Thateous

Explorer
"Names Ottway," scratching the wolf behind the ears. "and this is..."

"Call me Hugh." he finishes, scratching the bear's think fur. "It's been about a tenday since you left... Folks were starting to get worried, so they sent us in to find out what was what. Did something happen? This place don't seem as spooky as it did last time we was here." he strokes his beard as he talks and spits outside again.

"Never fancied feline's myself, always preferred dogs growing up." he pauses and scratches head. "I don't imagine it'd be too hard to train a cat. You'd have to find one though."

Remove ads