• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A New Power

Angcuru

First Post
"In theory, Jorran. We've never actually tested them like that since we'd rather not risk destroying what few mechanical devices we do have here. Trying to disable the comm array is a risk, but one I think we shall have to take." Arias says.

Super Girl

First Post
"I would certainly expect it to come to a fight, I doubt they will just give away their hyperdrive. I doubt it even more highly that after losing a transport they will let us escape without a fight." Kia says, sounding amused. At Miera's next question however the amusement fades, and her eye brow rises.

"Who said I was not going to use the force? Once we get off of this rock, I intend to find Luke Skywalker. He intends to rebuild the Jedi, I am going to be part of that. You said that you at least wanted to meet with him, if not help him do it, second thoughts?"

Angcuru

First Post
"Not at all, Kia. I simply don't wish to see talent go to waste." Miera gave Kia a wry smile. "And I do plan on meeting with this Luke fellow. After all, if he claims to have become a Jedi, that merits some investigation. Ah, that's it right over there." She points out rising mist in the distance. "You shouldn't have any trouble finding a spot to set down, the trees are quite sparse in that area. I'll go get everyone ready." With that, Miera leaves the cockpit and goes to ready the passengers.

Super Girl

First Post
"He was trained by Jedi, so he probably counts. Unless General Kenobi and Yoda weren't capable of training Jedi I guess. I'd love to be there for this discussion." Kia says smirking. The young pilot follows the path of the mist down to the cave, bringing her craft down into a gentle landing on the repulsor lifts, slowly cutting their power back until the ship was firmly on the ground.

"This is your friendly captain speaking, please disembark as swiftly as possible, I need to be back underway as soon as possible. Remember, you must be ready when we get back, I'll need you to board as quickly as possible to have a chance to make it off planet." The girl calls out to her passengers. She doesn't bother to shut the ship down, knowing that even with her 800 kph speed the timing would be tight, and having to warm the ship up again would make it even tighter.

"Miera, and anyone else who is coming back with me to the villiage, stay aboard I want to be dirt free in 5 minutes." she calls out. "I think Miera and Arias should be able to handle the weapons, I can do the flying, If we can get Aasan and Nakima to handle the shields and any repairs we should be able to get out of here, maybe, if we can get a hyperdrive and Nav Data."

Kia will lift off as soon as the survivors are out and those who are coming with her are inside again.

Angcuru

First Post
With the crash survivors-turned villagers all outside the ship, Miera carfully guides them along the slippery rock face of the cliffside bordering a small lake formed by the waterfall. One by one, they disappear behind the waterfall, some of them making two trips to ensure that all their supplies have been unloaded from the Dawnsprinter. Once they are all safely hidden, Miera and Nakima re-board the ship and take seats in the cockpit. Kia notices that Miera is holding a small cloth bundle that, from its jagged appearance, looks to be holding a multidude of small rocks. In her mind's eye however, she feels a slight...something emenating from them, like the feeling you get when someone is sneaking up on you.

"That's everyone, right?" Nakima asks Miera as he buckles himself in.

"Yes, they should be safe in there for a while." Miera replies. "We should hurry back now, we might get back just in time to help out."

Super Girl

First Post
"Good, lets get going then. I'm going to need you back in the engineering section if it comes to a fight Nakima, Dawnsprinter is a patrol craft, so she is armed, but I'm not sure how well she'll stack up against a military assault shuttle, or whatever is up in orbit. Miera, do you think you'll be ok with running the ship weapons? I might have to do some fancy flying and not having to do the return fire will make it easier." Kia tells the Sethi master, powering up all the weapon systems as she lifts the ship off and maxes out the throttle, pushing it up to 800 kph staying just above the tree line.

She shifts the weapons controls from her primary console over to the co-pilots in front of the older woman. "I have some fire-control computer power to help you, it'll tell you what weapons we have, It'd do some good to familiarize yourself with them now." the young woman falls silent for a few minutes before speaking up again, "I don't know what I'm sensing, but I'm getting something from those whatevers your carrying, are they...are they those crystals that you were talking about?" she asks, opening herself to the force, as much as she is able, never having done so before.

Angcuru

First Post
"Alright, then." Nakima replies, and pulls up a schematic of the ship on his console to discern where the engineering compartment is.. "Do you want me to head over there now, just in case we get ambushed?"

"It's been a while since I've used one of these, but I'm confident it'll all come back to me at the right time." Meira says, looking over the fire controls.

Having consciously tried to sense the contents of the pouch through the force, Kia feels as though they are glowing embers, radiating a soft heat. At her question, Miera looks up with slight amusement.

"So you can feel it, then?" Miera says, and draws a single faintly glowing white crystal from the bundle and holds it up for Kia to see. "It's these crystals that initially drew me to that cave. What most people know of such caves' existance normally don't realize is that like Force Sensitives, there are places in the Universe where the matter somehow maintains a connection to the Force. If these places are relatively free of dramatic erosion such as caves, which is why such places are where we normally find these crystals, their Force connection further preserves them. Minerals in these caves overflow with the Force, and eventually condense into gemstones infused with the force.

"You probably know that such crystals are normally vibrant in color, such as the normal blues, greens, reds, and so forth. Essentially, these force crystals are precious gems such as sapphires, rubies, emeralds and so forth, but unlike their mundane counterparts, they have power in the force. This power allows them the focus the condensed light beams in a lightsaber without disintegrating, and thus produce the blade.

"These particular crystals I carry however," Miera says, "are far rarer. As force crystals are akin to gemstones, these are essentialy Force-infused Diamonds. Appropriately enough, however, they are a great deal more precious than their colored relatives. You of course know that diamond is condensed organic material, so in a way, the force infusion gives some of them a certain...life, but not in the sense of living beings. It is as if they have their own spirit.

"Used in our lightsabers, they give our weapons certain abilities that normal force crystals cannot. As you have seen, they can allow us to incapacitate rather than kill an opponent, a very valuable advantage over normal blades." She is about to continue, but is interrupted when her commlink buzzes, and Arias' voice is heard on the other end.

"Miera, could you ask Kia how much longer do we have until the Imperials arrive? We've formulated a plan, and I think we might be able to get ourselves a second transport sent down here if you are back before they are."

***​

"Well," Arias says to his gathered students after speaking over the commlink, "you'll soon be in your first fight against other human beings. It may be tempting to simply stun them, but remember that these troops you will be facing are trained killers. If we let them live, they'll only continue killing those we may consider allies, and perhaps even innocents."

Super Girl

First Post
"Yea, please head back there now, I might need you to transfer power around. At least until we have a hyperdrive you can reroute the power that should be going to it into the engines to get us more speed, just be able to reverse it quickly." she tells the old mechanic.

"They sort of feel hot, like embers giving off heat, I guess thats force energy. I can feel them even whe I close my eyes. I feel more of a connection to those crystals then the one in my saber. I suppouse that means that I need to build one for myself, with a crytal that I feel connected to truly be connected with my saber?" she asks the Sethi, but trails off when Arias interupts the conversation. She begins to figure out how to give him an answer, both by checking the Chronometer vs the 2 hours that the imperials told them earlier, and also by seeing if she couldn't get a more precise estimate from the sensors.

Kia passes along all the information she can, both on the eta of the Imps, and their own eta. "After all, the cave wasn't that far, and we are moving 800kph, shouldn't be more then another few minutes for us to get back Arias."

Aasan will assist Arias everyway he can, though he generally kept quiet to as not to start any arguments that would slow things down. Eventually, though, he spoke up, "We need to know where exactly they're coming down before anything else. Disabling their equipment won't stop them from fighting, and if they aren't planning on coming out shooting, it will make them. I agree with the plan, but its useless if they set down too far from us..." he trailed off a moment, then thought about it, "They could come down right on top of us or out and away to move in. Depends on who's calling the shots. I've got a bad feeling we're going to be stuck trusting in the Force to predict that."

Obviously, the Kel Dor didn't like hinging everything on the Force, especially considering that it was just as easy to make a mistake with that as it was with anything else.

Angcuru

First Post
"Gotcha." Nakima got up and headed back to the engineering section of the ship.

"Actually, one very rarely feels a connection to their lightsaber simply by constructing it." Miera says, "It isn't unheard of for someone to find a crystal that they feel an odd connection too, but neither is it common. The bond that you describe forms over time as one wields the blade and they become more comfortable with it. Eventually, holding your lightsaber feels as natural as anything, as if it is a part of yourself. So to answer your question, you might be able to attain such a connection to your lightsaber if you use a crystal such as you describe, but using it more often would be more likely."

According to the chronometer, there is approximately 45 minutes remaining until the Imperial shuttle arrives, and 10-15 until the Dawnsprinter returns to the village.

"Alright, so we still have some time, thanks Kia." Arias replies to Kia.

***​

"If we don't know where they'll be landing, shouldn't we spread out to cover more area?" Adrial offers.

"Wait a moment," Kal adds "couldn't Kia's ship sense those ships to begin with? Why don't we just wait until she gets back and use her ship to find out where the Imperials are going to land?"

"Hmmm..." Arias mutters, "that's better than just waiting until they land to find out. In any case, we still need a plan of approach. Someone will need to stay out of sight when they land, so they can disable the communications array to prevent any alarms being sounded. At least they'll have the cover of darkness to help." He looked at the horizon, where the planet's sun was nearly set.

"A diversion to draw away some of the troopers would help, but it can't reveal our intentions." Arias said. He looked over to the remains of the vornskrs whom he had escaped last night. There was nothing but bone left, attesting to the voracious appetite of the masliths. "Maybe we can get some help from the local wildlife." He turned on the commlink. "Miera, do you think you could you call Alloj's pack on your way over here?"

Remove ads