A Paid Trip to Spellhold [D&D 4e]

Velmont

First Post
"If we want a bait at the front, I'll be the one. You're healing skill is too useful to let you play that role. Kaedyn and you will be a step behind me and protect my flank." tells Cliff, who has put back his armor and shield.

On Puget Sound

First Post
Chizz gets his bow in hand and steps into the second rank figuring he will probably get a shot off when we're attacked before switching to blades. From there he's likely to spot any traps or ambushes as well (passive perception 18).

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Kaedyn is easy going, "Sounds fine by me." He draws his bow first, but will probably change to shield and sword once they enter into a more confined space.

Worang4.jpg
Kaedyn Thorngood Char Sheet

Durlak

First Post
Taran looks at the boat, he knows that this are arcane runes because they are similar to druidic runes but not the same. "I guess maybe someone beat us getting here. That must be some powerfull runes if crossed the storm as we did in a ship 20 times bigger and got a hard time. A regular boat would have sinked with the first wave" Taran get's in the second row or third position if that's ok.

Pyrex

First Post
"Before we leave we should set up a way for the sailors to signal us if anyone comes back to the docks or approaches either ship. Perhaps a flaming bolt fired from the ballista angled sharply upward."

When the party forms up to head in-land, Lochlan takes up position towards the rear of the group.

"Acceptable," replies Asterion to Cliff as he takes up position alongside Kaedyn. "After we're done here, I will investigate the runes on the other boat."

Asterion retreats back to Kumar's ship to instruct a pair of slaves in how to signal them with a ballista bolt. By the time he returns to the party, he is eager to investigate the mysterious castle.

"Let us march, then."

Voda Vosa

First Post
The group marches up the promontory by a wide stone stair. As they reach the top, they are faced by a stone bridge that connects both islands. The bridge seems solid enough and quite old. Some parts are green and mossy, it's evident no one has cared for the state of it in quite some time.

As the group advances, they notice that there are signs of combat along the bridge. They also notice that there are scorch marks all over, often there's a skeleton, or parts of it, black and rotten, in the spot of the scorch mark. Something or someone must have charred them to death. On a closer inspection Taran and Asterion conclude that those are more likely electrocution marks, like if a lightning has struck the poor fella.

All the sudden, the bones start shaking, and assemble in foul undead creatures!
There's eight of them, four set alight as they rise from their charred spots, the others brandish old and rusty weapons.

[Roll initiatives!]

Remove ads