A Paid Trip to Spellhold [D&D 4e]

Pyrex

First Post
AC/F/R/W: 17/16/17/19 37/37hp

Tangling the skeleton in front of him with his bola, Lochlan ducks out of the way.

Standard: Escaping Shot against S1. Shift to J7.
Move: Move to J10.

Edit: *sigh*. Let me try those rolls again...

On Puget Sound

First Post
Voda Vosa, Lochlan is not in the initiative list. And we are waiting on just Asterion now, right?

I will be out of communication Tues, Wed and Thurs, will be back late Thursday night (US Eastern time), so here's my status and turn:

Chizz doesn't like fighting two fronts, and since the burning skeleton behind the party is busy reassembling its shattered foot, he decides to charge it. But despite Cliff's healing, the fact that his arm is on fire proves too great a distraction, and Chizz fails both at hitting the monster and putting out the flames.

MOVE: to E8
MINOR: hunter's quarry B1
STANDARD: charge B1 (basic melee attack w/ quarry damage)
ACTION POINT: STANDARD: duelist's flurry vs B1 w/ sneak damage
bah! Humbug!

[sblock='Status: on fire but feeling OK']
Hp 28/39, surges 7/7, 9 thp, resist all 3 until Cliff's turn, taking 5 ongoing fire (save ends).
AC 19, fort 18, ref 18, wil 14
Action points: 0/1 Second wind: available
Resist 5 vs swarms, move through swarm squares, no OA from swarms.
Sneak attack: +2d6+4. Nimble blade: +1 attack with CA when using light blade.

twin strike +10, d6+1 vs AC melee, HQ possible. OR:

+9, d10+1 ranged, and target is -2 to ranged and area attacks til EONT (longbow power). HQ possible.

duelist's flurry +10, 4 damage vs AC, slide target 1, shift 1. SA possible. Get sneak damage even without CA.

fast hands free. once per round. draw or stow a weapon.

paired katar minor. turn 1 katar into 2, or vice versa.

hunter's quarry minor. quarry closest visible enemy. quarry takes +1d6 damage once per round when hit by a ranger power.

furious assault free, trigger: you hit an enemy. Add 1(w) or 1d8 to damage.

off hand strike minor, melee. 1d10 vs AC, 1d6+5. HQ possible.

nasty backswing free, melee. trigger: you miss w a melee attack. +10 vs AC, 1d6+9, shift 1. SA possible.

duelist's prowess minor, stance. Each time an adjacent enemy attacks you, duelist's prowess attack : +10 vs Reflex, 1d6+5. SA possible.

lucky charm free. trigger: you miss. add 1d6 to the attack roll.

breach bracers free. trigger: you hit in melee. target is vulnerable 5 vs the next attack that hits it before EONT.

potion of healing minor. heal 10 points, lose a surge. [/sblock]

Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer
OOC: I forgot about Powerful Charge last round, S4 should have taken 2 more damage.
Kaedyn is burning and not happy, "Blast! This is hot work! Take this evil dead!" He swings his broadsword in a sweeping blow crashing through both skeletons' rib cages sending bone fragments flying.

He calls back to Cliff, "Falling back. Somebody finish off the wounded ones!"

[sblock=Actions]Start: Take 5 Damage Fire +6THP 39/51HP
Free Action: Speaking, marking S3 with combat challenge
Standard Action: Sweeping blow, Burst 1 2-handed at S4 & S3 Sweeping Blow @S4 (1d20+13=32, 1d10+9=18) Sweeping Blow @S3 (1d20+13=21)
Move Action: Shift to L-9 (updated map)
Minor Action: None
End: Save (1d20=18)[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]HP: 39/51+6THP Bloodied 25; Healing Surges 12HP, 12/day+20
AC:
24 (22 without Shield)
Fort: 20 Ref: 17 Will: 15
+2 vs. Fear; Resist Poison 5[/sblock]__________________________

Worang4.jpg
Kaedyn Thorngood Char Sheet

Voda Vosa

First Post
Round 1

Asterion gores into the adjacent skeleton, ripping out some ribs.
The druid assumes a tiger shape and tries to rip the flesh out of his enemy's bones. But, hey wait, he has no flesh to rip, only bones!
Cliff produces a radiant light, that heals and protects his allies. The filthy necrotic wound seems no match for the purity of the shifter. His blow is accurate and breaks several bones.

Round 2

Chizz attempts a perfectly coordinated charge and attack, but the clumsy skeleton moves out of the harm's way.
Lochlan lunches an attack over the metabolically impaired creature, damaging it further, before moving through the battlefield.
Kaedyn performs a powerful move and breaks some serious bone! Before running back, that is.

The skeletons reply the attacks. The one attacking Taran misses the tiger, as does the one conterattacking Cliff. Kaedyn also manages to defleck one blow, however as the two skeletons press the attack, one conects, although it's a flesh wound.

The blazing skeletons hurl fireballs at the heroes again; the nasty creatures try to make their foul fire spread as much as possible.
However just one of the skeletons hits it's mark: Kaedyn. After that, Asterion's runes shine and the creature find itself blinded!

Asterion hacks inefectively at the skeleton next to him.

[sblock=Mortal Combat]

Asterion will be NPC by yours truly, since DF will be away.

Map

Chizz: AC 19, fort 18, ref 18, wil 14 [37/39,Resist all 2, 5 fire ongoing damamge]
->Kaedyn: AC 24-22, fort 20, ref 17, wil 15 [34/51 5 fire ongoing damamge]
Pyrex: AC 19, fort 18, ref 18, wil 14[48/37]
Burning Skeleton 1 [-11, can't shift, slowed.]
Burning Skeleton 2 [-13, -2 to ranged and area attacks]
Burning Skeleton 3 []
Burning Skeleton 4 []
Skeleton 1 [-15]
Skeleton 2 [-12]
Skeleton 3 [-18]
Skeleton 4 [-38, Bloodied, Marked by Kaedyn]
Asterion: []
Taran: [57/46 AC:19 Fort:14 Ref:16 Will: 17]
Cliff: [52/45; AC 23; Fort 18, Ref 16, Will 18]

Skeleton AC 17, fort ??, ref ??, wil ??
Burning Skeleton AC 19, fort ??, ref ??, wil ??

Skeletons http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2749004/
Blazing Skeletons http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2749007/[/sblock]

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
Cliff swing at the skeleton next to him, but he is unable to connect. He side step away to come to support Kaedyn. "I take care of them, go on the flaming skeleton."

[SBLOCK=OOC]Note: S2 was under my Divine Challenge

Standard: Forbidding Strike vs AC on S2 (1d20+10=14, 1d8+5=11) Miss.
Move: Shift to L8
Minor: Call of Challenge

End: S2 is under my Divine Challenge: Marked, takes 8 radiant damages (+ vulnerability) if it attacks someone else.
S1, S3, S4 and B4 are under my Divine Sanction: Marked, takes 4 radiant damages (+ vulnerability) if it attacks someone else.

[MENTION=88649]perrinmiller[/MENTION]: Don't mark any Scimitar Skeleton, let them come to me. Their ongoing damage is useless against me, but the fire can harm me, so go on the burning ones.[/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

Pyrex

First Post
AC/F/R/W: 17/16/17/19 37/37hp +11thp

Round 3

OOC: The "can't shift/slowed" on B1 ended after Lochlan's turn on Round2. Similarly, although I forgot to note it in my post, S1 should have been Dazed during Round2

Now that he's out-of-reach of the undead for the moment, Lochlan turns his attention to thinning the crowd a bit. Hearing Cliff direct Kaedyn towards the burning skeleton makes his target clearer.

Standard: Possessing Spirits at S3.
-->Miss

Triggered Action: Inevitable Shot for Grappling Spirits at S4.
-->Miss (even after accounting for +12 instead of -12...

OOC: Gah, apparently I'm dice-roller-challenged. That's two posts in a row where I've done it wrong... :/

Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Kaedyn swings his broadsword sideways trying to push the skeleton back and connects again, splintering bone fragments as the blow damages undead creature a third time, "Take that you foul creature! Your next cinder eyes!"

His last words directed at the Burning Skeleton behind, the fighter steps forward into the spot just vacated.

[sblock=Actions]Start: Take 5 Damage Fire 29/51HP
Standard Action: Tide of Iron on S4 Broadsword (1d20+13=19, 1d10+9=11) Push him back to N-11, but I think he is dead.
Move Action: Shift to M-10 (updated map)
Free Action: Speaking, marking B4 with combat challenge
Minor Action: None
End: Save (1d20=20)[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]HP: 29/51 Bloodied 25; Healing Surges 12HP, 12/day+20
AC:
24 (22 without Shield)
Fort: 20 Ref: 17 Will: 15
+2 vs. Fear; Resist Poison 5[/sblock]__________________________

Worang4.jpg
Kaedyn Thorngood Char Sheet

Remove ads