A Paid Trip to Spellhold [D&D 4e]

On Puget Sound

First Post
"undead" is an insensitive term that demeans the differently alive. The metabolically impaired community prefers that the temporarily-living majority use more respectful terminology. Or else they'll eat your brains.

Voda Vosa

First Post
"undead" is an insensitive term that demeans the differently alive. The metabolically impaired community prefers that the temporarily-living majority use more respectful terminology. Or else they'll eat your brains.
Hahaha! :lol:

3... 2... 1...Fight!

[sblock=Mortal Combat]

Please post your defenses and HP in your first combat post.

Map

Chizz: []
Kaedyn: []
Pyrex: []
Burning Skeleton 1 []
Burning Skeleton 2 []
Burning Skeleton 3 []
Burning Skeleton 4 []
Skeleton 1 []
Skeleton 2 []
Skeleton 3 []
Skeleton 4 []
Asterion: []
Taran: []
Cliff: [][/sblock]

On Puget Sound

First Post
Chizz looses two arrows at the burning skeletons, trying to hit them in the eye and spoil their aim.

standard: twin strike vs B1, B2. Hits B2, who is -2 to ranged and area attacks TEONT. 13 damage.
free: furious assault on B2.
free: stow bow
minor: draw blade
minor: split paired blades

[sblock='Status']
Hp 39/39, surges 7/7
AC 19, fort 18, ref 18, wil 14
Action points: 1/1 Second wind: available
Resist 5 vs swarms, move through swarm squares, no OA from swarms.
Sneak attack: +2d6+4. Nimble blade: +1 attack with CA when using light blade.

twin strike +10, d6+1 vs AC melee, HQ possible. OR:

+9, d10+1 ranged, and target is -2 to ranged and area attacks til EONT (longbow power). HQ possible.

duelist's flurry +10, 4 damage vs AC, slide target 1, shift 1. SA possible. Get sneak damage even without CA.

fast hands free. once per round. draw or stow a weapon.

paired katar minor. turn 1 katar into 2, or vice versa.

hunter's quarry minor. quarry closest visible enemy. quarry takes +1d6 damage once per round when hit by a ranger power.

furious assault free, trigger: you hit an enemy. Add 1(w) or 1d8 to damage.

off hand strike minor, melee. 1d10 vs AC, 1d6+5. HQ possible.

nasty backswing free, melee. trigger: you miss w a melee attack. +10 vs AC, 1d6+9, shift 1. SA possible.

duelist's prowess minor, stance. Each time an adjacent enemy attacks you, duelist's prowess attack : +10 vs Reflex, 1d6+5. SA possible.

lucky charm free. trigger: you miss. add 1d6 to the attack roll.

breach bracers free. trigger: you hit in melee. target is vulnerable 5 vs the next attack that hits it before EONT.

potion of healing minor. heal 10 points, lose a surge. [/sblock]

Last edited:

PIP
Asterion brandishes his hammer when confronted by the skeletons.

"Stay close, friends! I shall break through. Fight back the menace! For Boulder!"

The bull lowers his head and charges full bore into the fray, trying to bludgeon one of the fiery skeletons.

[sblock=Actions]Standard: Goring Charge vs. a fiery skeleton

Note: I'll use Word of The Blinding Shield as an Immediate Interrupt if given the opportunity. I'll include the attack roll in case it triggers.

Immediate Interrupt
Close burst 5
Trigger: an enemy makes an attack roll against my ally
Target: The triggering enemy in burst
Attack vs. Fortitude
Hit: The target is blinded until the end of its turn. The targeted ally gains 4 THP.[/sblock]

Pyrex

First Post
AC/F/R/W: 17/16/17/19 37/37hp

The "metabolically impaired" can pry my brain from my cold, dead... Oh, that's what they were trying to do anyway? Then I'm just going to have to re-dead them!

Seeing that they are flanked, Lochlan does his best to slow the skeletons at the rear of the party.

Move: Shift to J6
Standard: Grappling Spirits at B1. B1 is Slowed and cannot Shift.

Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Kaedyn snarls, "Walking bones and burning ones! Gang up on them and take them out one by one!" He puts his bow away, draws his broadsword and charges to his right. His sword smashes into the skeleton's side sending a few ribs flying in splinters.

He shouts his challenge, "Return to hell!"

[sblock=Actions]Free Action: Speaking
Minor Action: Stow Longbow
Minor Action: Draw Broadsword
Standard Action: Charge to M-10, updated grid. Basic Attack 2-handed at S4 Charge (1d20+11=25, 1d10+9=18)
Marking S4 with Combat Challenge.[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]HP: 51/51 Bloodied 25; Healing Surges 12HP, 12/day+20
AC:
24 (22 without Shield)
Fort: 20 Ref: 17 Will: 15
+2 vs. Fear; Resist Poison 5[/sblock]__________________________

Worang4.jpg
Kaedyn Thorngood Char Sheet

Voda Vosa

First Post
Chizz's first arrow misses the skeleton widely, but his second one hits fair and square.
Kaedyn charges forward, sword at the ready, crushing one of the skeletons.
Lochlan is also able to warp his bolas around one of the burning skeleton.

The undead react slowly, the ones armed with scimitars lumber forward, Lochlan is able to dodge one of them, that lunges at him with what remains of his forearm. Kaedyn effectively deflects the attacks.
Cliff is not so lucky, and the nasty wound that the skeleton made in his shoulder starts to itch and pain.

The blazing undead try their luck, sending orbs of ghastly fire towards the heroes. Two attack Kaedyn, one hitting and setting the warrior alight.
The one with the arrow in the eye socket seems to made perfect aim, as he replies to Chizz attack with a fireball in the guts! Luckily the fourth misses Taran.

[sblock=Mortal Combat]

[MENTION=86189]DistractingFlare[/MENTION], Asterion can't reach any of the fiery skeletons with a charge, and if his moves from his spot he gives a n AoO. I'll need you to rectify your actions, you can keep the rolls though.

Please post your defenses and HP in your first combat post.

Map

Chizz: AC 19, fort 18, ref 18, wil 14 [28/39 5 fire ongoing damamge]
Kaedyn: AC 24-22, fort 20, ref 17, wil 15 [39/51 5 fire ongoing damamge]
Pyrex: AC 19, fort 18, ref 18, wil 14[37/37]
Burning Skeleton 1 [-11, can't shift, slowed.]
Burning Skeleton 2 [-13, -2 to ranged and area attacks]
Burning Skeleton 3 []
Burning Skeleton 4 []
Skeleton 1 []
Skeleton 2 []
Skeleton 3 []
Skeleton 4 [-18, Marked by Kaedyn]
Asterion: []
Taran: []
Cliff: [-4, 5 necrotic ongoing damage]

Skeleton AC 17, fort ??, ref ??, wil ??
Burning Skeleton AC 19, fort ??, ref ??, wil ??

Skeletons Roll Lookup
Blazing Skeletons http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2744041/[/sblock]

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
Cliff feels the pain, but somehow, it is no more than an itch as his mask magic starts to act. "Kaedyn, lure those skeleton toward me." shouts Cliff. He then raise his shield and a bright flash surround all his friend a quick moment. Everyone feel bolstered by the shield magic.

"Now, you are mine." He tells to the skeleton, swinging his sword for a nasty wound. At the same time, Chizz start to shed a faint glow and feels the fire less painful.

[SBLOCK=OOC]HP 45; AC 23; Fort 18, Ref 16, Will 18; Resist 5 Cold; Resist 5 Necrotic
Note: Anyone standing next to me have +1 AC. That mean Asterion, Lochlan and Chizz at the moment.

Start: Take 0 ongoing necrotic damage (5 - Resist 5 from Mask)
Minor: Preservation Shield: Cliff and all ally within 5 squares (i.e: everyone) gains 11 THP.
Minor: Divine Challenge S2
Standard: Forbidding Strike vs AC on S2 (1d20+10=18, 1d8+5=12) Hit for 12 damage and Chizz gain Resist all 2 until the end of my next turn.
End: Save (1d20=12)[/SBLOCK]

Remove ads