• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A Paid trip to Spellhold [IC] Chapter 3: The Prison of Horrors

tiornys

Explorer
Those undead abominations must die, of course, but what of the mages? Are we counting them allies? Asterion tightens his grip on his hammer and prepares to move into the room.

[sblock=OOC]Mostly posting to give VV my HP and defenses, since he rolled initiative for me. Sorry to be a bit late joining in--missed the activity when it started up.

If I should be down any resources from earlier combats, let me know.[/sblock]

[sblock=Combat Status]HP: 49/49 Surges: 11/11 Surge Value: 12
AC: 22 Fortitude: 17 Reflex: 15 Will: 17
Resist: 5 Fire Saving Throw mods: none
Speed: 5 Initiative: (+2) lowish
Passive Insight: 21 Passive Perception: 16
Action Points: 1 [] Usage this encounter
[] Second Wind

[][][] Failed Death Saves

Current Status:

Actions:
[]Standard
[]Move
[]Minor
[]Immediate

Powers:
Word of Diminishment, Word of Exchange, Flames of Purity, Word of the Blinding Shield, Rune of Mending[][], Goring Charge, Rune of the Undeniable Dawn, Rune of the Final Act, Shield of Sacrifice, Lullaby Weapon, Armor of Sacrifice, Amulet of Resolution, Battleforged Shield, Forgemaster's Gloves, Flameburst Weapon

[/sblock]

On Puget Sound

First Post
I'm confused about all the references to injuries from the last combat - my recollection is that we had a night's sleep, then met some new party members and dealt with a trap, with no damage. Am I confused?

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Anguish moves up and to the side closely behind Kaedyn. He chants a word of dark speech that envelopes the nearest lich in a wreath of black flames. He then calls forth the mystic energy of the Feywild to draw a brilliant white flame and set it in the lich's mind and body. Rivulets of argent fire stream up into the air from his eyes, mouth, and hands; agony disrupts his very thoughts.
OOC: move: move to T10, map updated
minor: curse nearest lich
standard: invoke witchfire vs Ref on lich in N3; -5 to attack rolls until end of my next turn if I hit

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
As the heroes start their assault, the Lich that seems more powerful hits the ground with it's staff and the remains of the corpses that cover the ground rise to their feet, animated by the foul magic.

The other two liches attack the group, casting a fear spell on Kaedyn and Binwin, making them flee backwards. Their fast casting lets them cast another spell, and both lunch a bolt of dark fire, that catches Chizz and Anguish, burning thier flesh.

The mages in the other corner focus on the powerful lich, but it appears to be protected by some sort of invisible force field that blocks the magical blasts.

[sblock=FINAL BATTLE!]

MAP

Map notes:
-Brown squares are ruined furniture. An athletic 20 can get you through them, they provide cover.
-Anyone moving ahead of row 7 may roll a perception check.
-You can move through the squares occupied by your allies as if they were empty, as long as you end your move on an empty square
-Chamber to the right is not empty, it's content will be revealed as soon as someone opens the door.

Code:
Character   	  Contition/HP

Chizz         34/44		AC: 19	Fort: 18	Ref: 18	Will: 14
Binwin       44/52			AC: 21	Fort: 18	Ref: 13	Will: 15
Anguish      31/43		AC: 18	Fort: 12	Ref: 16	Will: 18
Kaedyn       50/57		AC: 24	Fort: 20	Ref: 17	Will: 15

Lich1         -15/??
Lich2        ??/??
Lich King   ??/??
Mage1      ??/??
Mage2      ??/??
Mage Leader  ??/??

Asterion	40/40		AC: 21	Fort: 15	Ref: 19	Will: 18
Roderic	47/47		AC: 24	Fort: 17	Ref: 18	Will: 19
Taran	        51/51		AC: 19	Fort: 14	Ref: 16	Will: 17
Cliff	        51/51		AC: 23	Fort: 18	Ref: 16	Will: 17

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3047312/
[/sblock]

Durlak

First Post
Taran put's his staff to the ground, the earth stats to tremble and vines grow out of nowhere. They grow tall and thick with large spikes coming out everywhere. The two closest skeletons get trapped inside the wall. Then he swiftly moves toward one of the nearest one. Now those foul undead can't get us with their black magic unless they get very close to the wall Shouts Taran to his friends.

[sblock=OCC]
Wall of Thorns
Area wall 8 within 10 squares
Effect: You conjure a wall of thorny, writhing vines. The
wall can be up to 4 squares high and must be on a solid
surface, and it lasts until the end of your next turn. The
wall provides cover. A creature's line of sight through a
wall square is blocked unless the creature is adjacent to
that square.
Entering a wall square costs 3 extra squares of
movement. If a creature enters the wall's space or starts
its turn there, that creature takes 1d10 + your Wisdom
modifier (+4) damage and ongoing 5 damage (save ends).
Sustain Minor: The wall persists
[/sblock]

On Puget Sound

First Post
[sblock="ooc"]
the 15 points Chizz did (and the -2 to ranged attack, which was evidently not enough) was to the lich in N3, his quarry, not the lich king. I rolled 24 to hit the quarry (who had cover) but only 19 to hit the king (who had no cover). [/sblock]

Last edited:

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Anguish's eyes burn with fury as he calls upon the hellfire burning in his soul to punish the lich who struck him. He then steps forward and calls out with a furious wrath at the skeletal creature between him and the liches, cursing it, "Begone, minions! You shall not stand between me and your master!" As if from sheer mental will, he invokes a bolt of dark, crackling eldritch energy at the skeleton.
OOC: reaction: infernal wrath on lich that hit him (ignore the d20, it was an accident, total should be 8)
move: move to T7 (gaining concealment)
minor: curse skeleton in R6
standard: eldritch blast vs reflex on skeleton in R6
enemies cursed: lich in N3, skeleton in R6

Sorry for all the edits. I keep forgetting things.

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
Cliff move next to Taran. "There is things that should not exist in this world. Even Ilmather have no mercy for those undead creatures" as he tells that, his body starts to shine in a bright light. Cliff raise his shield. "Protect us, Ilmather!" All his companions

[SBLOCK=OOC]Move: Walk to S11
Minor: Astral Splendor (-2 to att. Cliff until he is bloodied, shed bright light within 6 squares)
Minor: Preservation Heavy Shield (Every allies within 5 squares of Cliff and Cliff, in other word, every PC, gains 11 THP)[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=Status]HP 51; THP: 11; Bloodied 25; Surge Value 12; Healing Surges 11
AC 23; Fort 18, Ref 16, Will 17
-2 to attack Cliff until he is bloodied[/SBLOCK]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Kaedyn Thorngood, Human Male Fighter

Kaedyn moves up behind Anguish and throws his javelin at the nearest skeleton, but the throw is not his best. "Blasted skeletons! Damn things explode on you."

He draws his broadsword.

[sblock=Actions]Start: N/a
Move Action: Move to T-8, updated map
Standard Action: Ranged basic attack on S@ R6; Javelin (1d20+5=16, 1d6+6=7)
Minor Action: Draw broadsword
End: n/a[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]HP: 50/57+11THP Bloodied 28; Healing Surges 14HP, 12/day
AC:
24 (22 without Shield)
Fort: 20 Ref: 17 Will: 15
+2 vs. Fear; Resist Poison 5

Weapons in Hand: Shield & Broadsword[/sblock]__________________________

Worang4.jpg
Kaedyn Thorngood

tiornys

Explorer
Asterion swiftly approaches the skeleton near Taran, raising his hammer. Moradin, lend me strength! Wsrosk! As he speaks, the rune twists into being, hanging in mid air for a brief moment before Asterion's hammer smashes it forward at the skeleton. Unfortunately, the hammer's head catches on some of the newly grown thorns and fails to imprint the rune, which fades away. A slight glow surrounds Asterion, lending comfort to nearby allies.

[sblock=Rune State: Protection]Adjacent allies gain resist 2 all damage.[/sblock]

[sblock=Mechanics]Move: to Q11 (updated map with my move and Cliff's move)
Standard: Word of Exchange (protection) on the skeleton at Q10, probably missing.

I plan to use Word of the Blinding Shield as an immediate interrupt on the first skeleton or lich within 5 squares of me who makes a melee or ranged attack against an ally.

for reference: [sblock= Word of Exchange]At-Will - Divine, Runic, Weapon
Standard Action - Melee weapon
Target: One creature
Attack: +10 vs. AC
Hit: 1d10 (brutal 2) + 5 damage. Rune of Destruction: Before the end of your next turn, the next attack against the target from one of your allies deals 2 extra damage to the target, and the ally gains 2 temporary hit points. Rune of Protection: The target takes a -2 penalty to all defenses until the end of your next turn, and the next ally to hit the target before the end of your next turn gains a +2 power bonus to AC until the end of your next turn.
---[/sblock]

[sblock= Word of the Blinding Shield]Encounter - Divine, Radiant, Runic, Weapon
Immediate Interrupt - Close burst 5
Trigger: An enemy makes an attack roll against your ally.
Target: The triggering enemy in the burst.
Attack: +10 vs. Fortitude
Hit: The target is blinded until the end of its turn. Rune of Destruction: The target also takes 3 radiant damage. Rune of Protection: The ally gains 3 temporary hit points.
---[/sblock]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Combat Status]HP: 49/49 (11 temp HP) Surges: 11/11 Surge Value: 12
AC: 22 Fortitude: 17 Reflex: 15 Will: 17
Resist: 5 Fire Saving Throw mods: none
Speed: 5 Initiative: (+2) xx
Passive Insight: 21 Passive Perception: 16
Action Points: x [] Usage this encounter
[] Second Wind

[][][] Failed Death Saves

Current Status:
Rune State of Protection

Actions:
[x]Standard
[x]Move
[]Minor
[]Immediate

Powers:
Word of Diminishment, Word of Exchange, Flames of Purity, Word of the Blinding Shield, Rune of Mending[][], Goring Charge, Rune of the Undeniable Dawn, Rune of the Final Act, Shield of Sacrifice, Lullaby Weapon, Armor of Sacrifice, Amulet of Resolution, Battleforged Shield, Forgemaster's Gloves, Flameburst Weapon

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads