• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A Paid trip to Spellhold [IC] Chapter 3: The Prison of Horrors

Walking Dad

First Post
Rodric the Bright

Rodric moves forward, his glowing blade cleaving into the skeleton next to the dwarf.

[sblock=OOC]

assuming S6 still stands

free: change damage to radiant
minor: sustain Moment of Glory
move: to Q11
standard: Brand of the Sun vs S2.

[sblock=Mini-Sheet]
Rodric the Bright
Perception: 22 Insight: 21 Normal Vision
AC 24 Fortitude 17 Reflex 18 Will 19
Initiative: +4
Hit Points: 47 / 47 Bloodied: 23
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist: -
Saving Throw: +1; +3 vs death.
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Milestones: 0
Healing Surge:11 Surges per day: 9 / 9
At-Will Powers: Blessing of Battle, Brand of the Sun, Sun's Glow, Lance of Faith
Encounter Powers: Healing Word 2/2, Smite Undead/Soothing Light, Sun Burst, Resurgent Sun
Daily Powers: Moment of Glory, Bless, Holy Cleansing, Inspire Fervor, Symbol of Life, Sunblade Burst

Condition: Blessed (+1 att bonus), resist 5 (all)

[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

Durlak

First Post
Taran shifshapes into his favorite shape, the panther. Runs into the fray and rends the undead with his sharp claws.

[sblock=Actions]
Minor: Shapeshift into beast form.
Move to M3. And use:
Grasping Claws vs Lich 1:
Wis vs Ref
+2 for Com. Adv.
+1d10 for using Grasping Claws with Com. Adv.
+1d10 for Com. Adv. with Claw Glowes
1d20+10=20, 1d8+5 + 2d10=24

Taran doesn't sustain the wall of thornes, so it's undone when he finish his turn.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

tiornys

Explorer
With the wall of thorns gone, Asterion moves up near Roderic and Binwin. He raises his hammer and speaks the rune Ignus. A twisting wreath of fire forms before him, blasting forth as he strikes the flames with his hammer, scorching the skeletons and granting strength to his allies.

[sblock=Rune State: Destruction]Allies gain a +1 bonus to hit vs. enemies adjacent to Asterion.[/sblock]
[sblock=Roderic and Binwin]Gain a +3 power bonus to damage rolls until the end of my next turn.[/sblock]
[sblock=Mechanics]Move: 5 squares to M7 (updated map)
Standard: Flames of Purity on 2 skeletons. Roderic and Binwin gain a +3 power bonus to damage rolls until the end of my next turn.
Minor: sustain Rune of the Undeniable Dawn (just in case we move back to the zone...)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Combat Status]HP: 49/49 (11 temp HP) Surges: 11/11 Surge Value: 12
AC: 22 Fortitude: 17 Reflex: 15 Will: 17
Resist: 5 Fire, 5 all Saving Throw mods: none
Speed: 5 Initiative: (+2) xx
Passive Insight: 21 Passive Perception: 16
Action Points: 1 [] Usage this encounter
[] Second Wind

[][][] Failed Death Saves

Current Status:
Rune State of Destruction, Rodric's resistance, maintaining Rune of the Undeniable Dawn

Actions:
[x]Standard
[x]Move
[x]Minor
[]Immediate

Powers:
Word of Diminishment, Word of Exchange, Flames of Purity, Word of the Blinding Shield, Rune of Mending[][], Goring Charge, Rune of the Undeniable Dawn, Rune of the Final Act, Shield of Sacrifice, Lullaby Weapon, Armor of Sacrifice, Amulet of Resolution, Battleforged Shield, Forgemaster's Gloves, Flameburst Weapon

[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
The combined attack of the heroes is too much for the undead spellcasters, and they retreat as their master did, in a flash of blue energy.
Asterion Binwin and Roderic finish off the remeining skeletons.

As the dust settles in the battlefield, you can hear the archwizard grunting.
"You fools! I was THIS close of anchoring the Lich Iccareus! You spoiled my plan and got my apprentices dead." the man grith his teeth, and is then when he spots Anguish. "You! You were dead!" his eyes start to glare at each of the heroes, as if assessing whether or not he could take them all. "The Gods spit in my face, but alas, they have at least rewarded my with brave souls. Listen up, it might not be too late to stop Iccareus. We need to get to his sanctum and ..." he blinks quickly a couple of times, as he sees 'What?' painted on your faces. "Right... lets start from the begining: Iccareus was a former prisoner in the Spellhold island, he was a powerful wizard in his time, an elf. He went mad with power, and recluded here, not without first whipping out half of the cowled wizards guild. Now, he has risen as a lich, and created an artifact that is draining all arcane power into it. And the drain effect radius is expanding. We've devised a ward to protect ourselves from that magic, that's why I'm able to cast arcane spells, as you too." he points at Anguish. "I think Iccareus will use all the accumulated power to enhance his magical apptitudes. Calisham is one of the most arcane rich realm, if he drains the power there, he might even challenge the Gods. We must find him and destroy him and his phylactery, before it's too late. His sanctum must be in the former prefect's office, atop this tower." He makes a pause, as to let all the information settle in. "What say you?"

airwalkrr

Adventurer
"If your words are true, wizard, then the lich must be stopped, not that it will make much difference. I am certain even if we succeed some other fell power will threaten Faerun again. Such is life. Well, onward then! If we are to stop this lich, I imagine we ought to make haste."

tiornys

Explorer
Asterion nods in agreement. Yes, we must stop the lich. Though his words do not show his doubts, Asterion assesses the Archwizard, trying to determine of the man is truthful, or lying in an attempt to manipulate us in some fashion.

[sblock=Mechanics]Insight on the Archwizard

Have we taken a short rest, or is that pending our reaction to the Archwizard?[/sblock]

[sblock=Combat Status]HP: 49/49 (11 temp HP) Surges: 11/11 Surge Value: 12
AC: 22 Fortitude: 17 Reflex: 15 Will: 17
Resist: 5 Fire, 5 all Saving Throw mods: none
Speed: 5 Initiative: (+2) xx
Passive Insight: 21 Passive Perception: 16
Action Points: 1 [] Usage this encounter
[] Second Wind

[][][] Failed Death Saves

Current Status:
Rune State of Destruction, Rodric's resistance, maintaining Rune of the Undeniable Dawn

Actions:
[]Standard
[]Move
[]Minor
[]Immediate

Powers:
Word of Diminishment, Word of Exchange, Flames of Purity, Word of the Blinding Shield, Rune of Mending[][], Goring Charge, Rune of the Undeniable Dawn, Rune of the Final Act, Shield of Sacrifice, Lullaby Weapon, Armor of Sacrifice, Amulet of Resolution, Battleforged Shield, Forgemaster's Gloves, Flameburst Weapon

[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
Rodric the Bright

"Whatever. The Undead are the true enemy. Let's move!"
Rodric says, still maintaining the helpful magic he had cast.

[sblock=OOC]

Insight check on Archwizard.

no short rest. will remain concentrated to keep encounter long powers going.

minor: sustain Moment of Glory

[sblock=Mini-Sheet]
Rodric the Bright
Perception: 22 Insight: 21 Normal Vision
AC 24 Fortitude 17 Reflex 18 Will 19
Initiative: +4
Hit Points: 47 / 47 Bloodied: 23
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist: -
Saving Throw: +1; +3 vs death.
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Milestones: 0
Healing Surge:11 Surges per day: 9 / 9
At-Will Powers: Blessing of Battle, Brand of the Sun, Sun's Glow, Lance of Faith
Encounter Powers: Healing Word 2/2, Smite Undead/Soothing Light, Sun Burst, Resurgent Sun
Daily Powers: Moment of Glory, Bless, Holy Cleansing, Inspire Fervor, Symbol of Life, Sunblade Burst

Condition: Blessed (+1 att bonus), resist 5 (all)

[/sblock][/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
"I say we will help you to stop that lich. I do not like the idea of seeing him traveling around using his necromancy, even less if he is able to free himself from this island. After all, we are here to investigate the reason of this anti-magic aura on that island and it seems the lich is the reason. But what have brought you to this island."

[SBLOCK=OOC]Insight against the wizard: Insight (1d20+11=26)[/SBLOCK]

Voda Vosa

First Post
"As a wizard, you might deduce by yourselves how a gigantic anti-magic aura would prejudice me, I believe. I also belong to an organization of spellcasters, that also see this as a mayor threat to our activities." the wizard replies.

[sblock=Roderic and Cliff]
Although the wizard seems to be telling the truth, he doesn't strike you as the altruistic kind. There must be an ulterior moto for this man to be here. [/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads