D&D 5E A Scale for my map

Thank you all for your comments, you've helped me a lot. I applied a scale of 50 miles per inch now and I think that is going to work. Now I'm trying to flesh out specific locations that will be the starting area of a campaign.

I find that it is easier to at least have a rough outline of the main plotline first, and then look at the map where this could take place. If you do it the other way around, you run the risk that you end up with a long list of events or locations that you want to write into the campaign, but no good story to do so. It will make for a messy campaign, or at least give you a headache in writing it.

discosoc

First Post
Based on the way you've drawn the mountains, your map scale isn't going to naturally look kind of small. I'm seeing islands, personally. If you want those to be actual continents, it would be a good idea to soften the mountains out so you can't see peaks. Alternatively, you can draw the mountains smaller, but make sure to include parallel ranges and stuff to avoid it looking like a single mountain in each area. I think the other thing messing with scale is that you have forests included as if it's a *regional* map.

Anyway, food for thought.

Remove ads