• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A Song of Ice and Fire: Rampant Plot Speculation [Spoilers]

nikolai

First Post
I'm just wondering whether anyone wants to engage in some? There's loads of foreshadowing in the books, so it is possible to deduce plot events before they happen. Anyone want a guess? To kick things off, for my part:

* The Wall is going to be destroyed by the Horn of Winter. This can't possibly work out anyother way, if you've a horn which is capable of destroying the wall all the law of narrative point to it being blown at some point. It can't just sit under Castle Black for the next 3-4 books.

* The Dragons. There's lots and lots building up here. (1) Tyrion being a dragon expert. (2) The Hound's fear of fire; this in particular is a plot event waiting to happen. (3) When Jon was defending the Wall in ASoS it was mentioned that be could no more wish for more men than a "dragon of three". (4) It's been specifically mentioned that it's possible to kill dragons in combat (I think in a AGoT), I suspect this is for a reason.

Any more observations?

nikolai.

Last edited:

Storminator

First Post
nikolai said:
I'm just wondering whether anyone wants to engage in some? There's loads of foreshadowing in the books, so it is possible to deduce plot events before they happen. Anyone want a guess? To kick things off, for my part:

* The Wall is going to be destroyed by the Horn of Winter. This can't possibly work out anyother way, if you've a horn which is capable of destroying the wall all the law of narrative point to it being blown at some point. It can't just sit under Castle Black for the next 3-4 books.

* The Dragons. There's lots and lots building up here. (1) Tyrion being a dragon expert. (2) The Hound's fear of fire; this in particular is a plot event waiting to happen. (3) When Jon was defending the Wall in ASoS it was mentioned that be could no more wish for more men than a "dragon of three". (4) It's been specifically mentioned that it's possible to kill dragons in combat (I think in a AGoT), I suspect this is for a reason.

Any more observations?

nikolai.

Every single one of the Frey's die. Every one.

PS

KnowTheToe

First Post
Storminator said:

PS

Wish or prediction?

I too think the wall will fall. The question is will this story end with a clean happy ending?

Bran becoming King of the free people who then unites them to fight for the cause of the peoples of the seven kingdoms or maybe just the people of the north, creating a bond. The wildlings will then settle the lands between the Wall and the Starks. Jon inheriting his fathers lands and title. Dany bringing stability back to the thrown and chooses not to take revenge against the traitorous nobility that murdered her family.

I just don't see this happening. What happens to Tyrion and Jaime and all of the others? Is there a happy ending for everyone, or are we going to read many more pages flowing with the blood of our beloved characters.

nikolai

First Post
What happens to Tyrion and Jaime and all of the others?

I think Jaime will cop off with Brienne. I think there are hints in that direction in the White Tower and Harenhall chapters in ASoS. One other interesting thing is that Brienne sworn to kill Stanis. I wonder how that will work out.

nikolai.

ssampier

First Post
Ice & Fire

KnowTheToe said:
Wish or prediction?

I too think the wall will fall. The question is will this story end with a clean happy ending?

In true literary fashion, I truly hope not. I think that George R.R. Martin will end the stories on a high note after major change (both to the land and character epiphany), but with a few things still unresolved (to maintain verisimilitude).

Now, I do agree the wall will indeed fall, but will the windling "menace" be eradicted or will they learn to live in peace? I'm thinking more of the former, then the Seven Kingdoms will learn that the windlings are not the enemy after all.

There will be fire. We have already witnessed what one small dragon can do to a city. Furthermore, the title of the series is "Song of Fire and Ice". The fire would logically come from the dragons and the ice I can assume that it is the Others.

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
While I won't say ALL the Freys die, given what was going on with Catelyn at the end of ASoS, there's most definitely going to be some repercussions. I'd hazard a guess a number of the Freys will die, however.

KnowTheToe

First Post
ssampier said:
The fire would logically come from the dragons and the ice I can assume that it is the Others.

I think you are right about this one, considering the opening scene in the first book.

Sirius_Black

First Post
Storminator said:

PS

OH Cyric yes! Slowly, painfully, and film it. The film could then be shown every Christmas right after "It's a Wonderful Life."

I so want that family to go down!

Storminator

First Post
Andrew D. Gable said:
While I won't say ALL the Freys die, given what was going on with Catelyn at the end of ASoS, there's most definitely going to be some repercussions. I'd hazard a guess a number of the Freys will die, however.

How many times did we hear how many Freys there are? It's significant. And they broke bread and salt before the Red Wedding. Can you anger the gods more? And Catelyn is coming for them.

They're going down.

PS

jdavis

First Post
One word: Hodormania!

on the serious side, Jamie kills Cercei (and maybe a few others) and ends up one the run again or sent to the wall. No proof on the sent to the wall thing it just sounds like it would be a real mess with Stannis there and Brienne vowing to kill Stannis.

Tyrion finds Dani and tries to use her to get revenge on everybody by telling her all he knows and ends up masterminding her return.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads