• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

AAAGGHHH!!! Not AGAIN!!!

Psychic Warrior

First Post
And as far as the wine party goes... his wife does not conceal her disdain for the hobby, and has gone so far as to say that when they have children, his gaming days are over.

It is stuff like this that makes me glad my wife is a gamer. It always baffles me why people don't find compatible mates that can allow each other some freedom .

Kae'Yoss

First Post
DungeonmasterCal said:
And as far as the wine party goes... his wife does not conceal her disdain for the hobby, and has gone so far as to say that when they have children, his gaming days are over.

Has he had himself neutered yet?

MojoGM

First Post
DungeonmasterCal said:
his wife does not conceal her disdain for the hobby, and has gone so far as to say that when they have children, his gaming days are over.......

To which my reply would be "Then it's a good thing I have no intention of hving children with you, oh, and don't let the door hit your behind on the way out.

It baffles me why anyone would put up with this. It has nothing to do with gaming, it has to do with being someone who does not respect you enough to let you enjoy the hobbies of your choosing.

People are strange...

Kae'Yoss

First Post
MojoGM said:
To which my reply would be "Then it's a good thing I have no intention of hving children with you, oh, and don't let the door hit your behind on the way out.

It baffles me why anyone would put up with this. It has nothing to do with gaming, it has to do with being someone who does not respect you enough to let you enjoy the hobbies of your choosing.

People are strange...

Must be that love thing people keep telling (and singing) about.

Djeta Thernadier

First Post
MojoGM said:

People are strange...

It's a good thing you & I found each other hon because I would slap any man who wouldn't tolerate my hobbies. Any of them.

Here's a chick's perspective on this ;) and I think I speak for my many of my fellow females when I say...

I don't understand why people put up with this kind of thing either.

Generally, people don't just "come out" as detesting something you really enjoy after 10 years of marriage. Usually, they make it known that they hate it pretty quickly. Not even just gaming but anything.

Why be with someone who doesn't love you for you?
Why be with someone who wants to you change?
Why put up with someone who TELLS YOU what you can and can not do?

I'm 28 years old and if any man tried to tell me I had to stop gaming (or anything else I loved to do) to be with him, marry him, have kids with him, I'd hand him his hat and coat and politely tell him I hoped he'd find someone who was more suitable for him.

There are plenty of people out there looking for a companion. Plenty of them will have stuff in common with you. Find someone who does and don't settle down with someone who won't "allow" you to have fun once in a while.

Must be that love thing people keep telling (and singing) about.

Um, No. REAL love is accepting your partner for who he or she is.

GlassJaw

Hero
Real life is the game killer.

The key is to make gaming your real life. :p

As a single white male in his late 20's with no kids, a good job, and plenty of disposable income, I can say that childern is the single most demanding burden on a gamer's schedule.

Of the two groups I'm in, 1 person out of 11 has kids. He's also the person that usually has his schedule changed at the last minute or has to move the game to his place so he can babysit at the same time (which is somewhat distracting).

This isn't meant to sound harsh - just my experience. Even things like a demanding significant other or a job that requires a lot of travel usually can be dealt with.

GlassJaw

Hero
I'm 28 years old and if any man tried to tell me I had to stop gaming (or anything else I loved to do) to be with him, marry him, have kids with him, I'd hand him his hat and coat and politely tell him I hoped he'd find someone who was more suitable for him.

A woman after my own heart. :D

F.C.Desoya

First Post
GlassJaw said:
The key is to make gaming your real life. :p

As a single white male in his late 20's with no kids, a good job, and plenty of disposable income, I can say that childern is the single most demanding burden on a gamer's schedule.

I found a way around that by DMing my son and the son of another group member on Saturdays....then On Sundays, the adult game, all the kids go play in the basement for 4 hours!

While children can be a "burden" sometimes, I think it is important to include them in activities that you enjoy. Besides, gives me a chance to play twice a week now!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads