• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

AC 56 at level 6! You too can do it!

Vague Jayhawk

First Post
How permissive is this guys DM?

With a permissive DM I can get MUCH higher than AC 56!

Polymorph into a gold dragon while wearing bracers of armor +8 AND full plate +5 and a shiled +5 AND and dancing shield +5 with barkskin and magical vestment and the +8 dex bonus I have after reading the book that permanently raised my dex 6 points and ......................................................

hanniball

First Post
^ Level 6, dude.

Infiniti2000 said:
IMO (and make no mistake, 'easy' is quite subjective), 'easy' would not be requiring 10+ sourcebooks for the same build (especially across different campaign settings--that's extremely bad form), spells/effects granted by someone else, using items beyond your expected power level (e.g. a scroll of miracle at 6th level, why not just ask for the miracle of AC 56?), etc.

'Easy' is entirely subjective, hence why I asked what your definition is. Thank you. Perhaps now, the OP will return from his hiatus and show us his supposed optimization-fu.

Sejs

First Post
Vague Jayhawk said:
Polymorph into a gold dragon ... bracers of armor +8 AND full plate +5 ... shield +5 AND and dancing shield +5 ... magical vestment ... and the +8 dex bonus
Polymorph into a Gold Dragon: a Young or smaller one, due to the HD limitation on Polymorph. And you'd have to be of equivalent level yourself. 8th for wyrmling (+7 nat), 11th for very young (+10 nat), 14th for young (+13 nat).

Bracers of Armor/Fullplate: Doesn't stack. Both provide armor bonuses.

Shield/Dancing Shield: Doesn't stack. Both provide shield bonuses.

Magic Vestment: Doesn't help - armor and shield are already +5, MV can't push that any higher.

Dex Bonus: Limited to +1 due to that snazzy gold dragon-shaped fullplate +5.

Last edited:

Vague Jayhawk

First Post
Getting your AC above 56 is EASY!

Yeah I know they don't all stack. I was just being a little flippant and snarky.

If you are getting an AC of 56 as a sixth level character your DM is letting you get away with some nasty stuff. All depends on how competent your DM is. If the DM is not competent, you can convince them of anything.

Last edited:

Justin Cray

First Post
AC 56 combined with a -1 meeelion to hit doesn't concern me.

What's the highest sum of AC and to hit a level 6 Character can have, both values must be positive?

Also: Hypersmurf for president. Seriously.

Darklone

Justin Cray said:
Also: Hypersmurf for president. Seriously.
No way. He's too serious and telling too much true things for any politician. ;)

Highest sum of AC and to hit a level 6 dude can have? I bet it's (Corebooks only) a cleric with Divine Favor or Prayer, bulls strength etc, and Magic Vestment. Scroll of GMW. Plant domain for barkskin. I'd add one level of barbarian for Rage though that decreases AC again... Whirling Frenzy ;)

Add one level of bard instead.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads