• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Acquana Art Thread -- Thread Implosion 06/10/2007

Acquana

First Post
August 31st, 2005

Frukathka said:
Easily my favorite piece that you've don so far. Love it lots. Thinking about printing and laminating it.

Awwww! Thank you! Heck, if you've got the email space for it I'll send you a high-res version so it'll look better in print!

Once again, glad to see people are still comin out here!

Now for today, the binge I went on the other night. I started drawing NPCs from Wellstar's Mutants and Masterminds game and simply couldn't stop.

First, images of members of the established superteam, the Crusaders. Dozer spent some time on the Crusaders' roster in the mid-late 70's, and is still on good terms with the current members.

What superhero setting is complete without a Superman type? Century City's golden boy, Overman!

15.jpg

This is Deacon Stryker. He's the Crusaders' strategist, who also spends a lot of time training troops for an organization dedicated to aiding those affected by superpowered conflicts and incarcerating supervillians--The Parity Foundation. Stryker's a decent mix of Batman/Nick Fury. The "dude" of the Crusaders.

17.jpg

Aegis, the mage. No one is really sure just how old he is, but it's clear he's been around for a long, loooooong time.

18.jpg

The Machine replaced Dozer as the tank of the Crusaders after Dozer got sick of the Parity Foundation trying to dictate how the Crusaders did their thing. This is one of Wellstar's favorites.

19.jpg

Manta, because apparently all comics need a ninja somewhere in there. She's one of the youngest on the current team. The newest member on the roster is a speedster called Vortex, who I haven't drawn yet.

20.jpg

This rather ... flamboyant fellow is a super who used to be in Century City under a different name, and now is in New Orleans, callng himself Echo Mummer. He's called ":):):):) of the Walk" by a lot of people, and it's not a term of endearment.

16.jpg

Those of you who recall The Kangaroo from early May ... Well, the team we're playing ran into him. Only within the last couple of years, the Kangaroo finally got tired of constantly landing in Blackgate (superpower prison), and decided to clean up his act. He's now simply going by K, and has taken to throwing knives over boomerangs. Of course, Dozer doesn't believe that he's really cleaned up anything whatsoever, but Dozer's not the most trusting guy in the world.

14.jpg

So hey, an update! No more pretty inked stuff, but I don't do that very often anyway. Next time I do, you guys will be the first to know. ^_~

Last edited:

Acquana

First Post
Unnamed Team no Longer!

Er ... Apparently I can't have Echo Mummer's nickname up there. ^_^;;

Oh and by the way ... The Mutants and Masterminds group finally has thought of a title for themselves: The Century Sentinels.

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Acquana said:
Awwww! Thank you! Heck, if you've got the email space for it I'll send you a high-res version so it'll look better in print!
I most certainly have the space and I promise I will have it printed before next weekend.

frukathka.at.yahoo.dot.com

Acquana

First Post
Last One For August, in which PCs try to Look Inconspicuous

Frukathka said:
I most certainly have the space and I promise I will have it printed before next weekend.

Check your email, dude! And the same to you, RW.

Alrighty, one last update for the month. I've been drawing a lot lately, and that makes me all warm and fuzzy inside. Both of these are going to require a good deal of exposition, but bear with me, because it's good stuff.

As I've mentioned before, the game I'm currently running is a world hopping one. Those of you who follow the thread closely may remember the lightsaber hitting a dragon (post #7). Well, the dragon in question was an alternate reality version of a dragon that the PCs of Savannah Knights ran into. While the Winged Blaze was reduced to a doddering shadow of his former glory in Savannah Knights ... this vesion of Earth still had Sahkrekal the Winged Blaze at the height of his power. The PCs of the World Hopping game were forced to reason with him, he was willing to help the PCs get something they needed in exchange for a way off his world, which was dying, but ended up getting in a fight with him. Mostly because I made it abundantly clear this man (Sahkrekal was more often than not polymorphed) was EEEEEEEEEEVILLLLLLL. The way Wellstar put it was: "This man ... is a muther****ing cancer. He must not be allowed to spread."

Well, the PCs were a tad outmatched at the moment, and things went badly. A green dragon the PCs had made a shaky alliance with (only because she wanted to help her daughter, Gaiavein) ended up getting killed while trying to buy the PCs time to get themselves and Gaiavein off that plane. The PCs were all pretty upset that they now had to take care of an orphaned green dragon, and that they had failed so miserably in their desire to rid the universe of such a horrid creature as Sahkrekal.

Well ... I'm an evil DM, yes ... but I know how to make my players happy. The PCs have gotten used to having Gaiavein in the party and she's adjusting pretty well. However, another NPC was kidnapped by another rather EEEEEEEEEEVILLLLLLL character in Millicent's character's backstory. A gentleman by the name of Koffman who, like the PCs, is able to send minions to planeshift and collects things he wants for him. Had been aiming for Gaiavein, being a young, space-displaced dragon (a rare find indeed), but ended up with another character entirely. So he arranged for a meeting between himself and the PCs on his native world.

On his terms, the PCs really didn't have much of a chance and ended up getting captured. The ones that Koffman found interesting (Gaia, Pojo, and Ammut) he had placed in rather nice holding cells, to be fitted with collars. You know ... collars that prevent any of his property from escaping or attempting to kill him and stuff.

The rest of the PCs and Virgil got thrown in a much less comfortable set of cells to be gotten rid of at earliest convenience. Here Hiro, Silas, and Virgil met a new player, Ma. D&D monk. They manage to break out in true Player Character fashion, but if a certain Jedi hadn't been there none of them would've managed to bluff their way around that building. Certainly not the way the four of them looked even in guard uniforms.

22.jpg

Meanwhile the other three got to see their cellmate across from them. There indeed was their old acquaintence, the Winged Blaze. The dragons from High Fantasy are rather vulnerable while polymorphed, and since Koffman had sent people to tail the PCs for a while, he saw that there was a very powerful red dragon on a world that wouldn't even exist after some time ... and through sheer luck more than anything else had collected the Winged Blaze and had a collar slapped on him. The PCs took a strange sort of pleasure in seeing their old rival brought down soooooooooooo loooooowwwwww.

21.jpg

*ahem* Okay, so yeah ... that was a lot of text, thank you for your patience. I can't wait to have Sahkrekal go against the party again, only because I know just how much they want a piece of him. :D

Last edited:

Acquana

First Post
tricsterpriest said:
I demand the PCs give him hell for me....he's owed it.

Oh heck yeah. You didn't even get to see some of the stuff he was doing around this game's PCs! But they will get their chance. Oh yes. And it shall rock.

So hey, yeah. One more Mythic Earth piece for all y'all. Thank God, RW found another artist to help me out. Hardly by coincidence, a friend of mine from SCAD has been tapped to do some pieces. Go to her Deviant site and tell her she's cool.

01.jpg

Acquana

First Post
The Relief Effort Begins for Acquana

A lot of things have happened this week. Certainly for those who have loved ones and friends in New Orleans. I have relatives in Gulf Port, MI who were ... blessed by God himself in order to have not only survived the hurricane, but manage to weather it in their home and get only a single tree on their roof. There's a lot of people who weren't nearly so lucky, a friend of mine from New Orleans sent me satellite photo of his neighboorhood ... which looks more like a lake with roofs sticking out of it.

Hearing lots of friends of mine simply dumbstruck ... a disturbingly large number of them being cynical and judging those left behind in the wake of the hurricane ... it just leaves me pained inside that it seems like there's nothing I can do. I've only been wracking my brain trying to think of something that can be done when I can't even afford to pay my landlord the deposit on the house for several months ...

But I have an idea.

Please, please, PLEASE go to this thread, where a PDF to benefit relief efforts is being put together. I'm going to donate as much as my hands will allow me draw this month, and I'm making an offer to anyone here: Anyone who wants the signed originals of whatever I'm donating may pay me $20, which I will hand over to the relief effort. All you have to do is send the money via PayPal, you'll get one of my originals sent via post, and I'll make sure the money goes where it belongs: to those aiding the homeless along the Gulf Coast.

Does anyone know any trustworthy places I can donate the money to? I've never tried this before. :heh:

I suppose I'll work the details as I go.

This is the first piece, done within the last couple of hours.

02.jpg

Does anyone think I can actually get this to work? I'm a little intimidated, but I wanna try as hard as I can!

Last edited:

Acquana

First Post
Piece for Sale #2

Another for the PDF that's for sale. Baron Samedi

03.jpg

*phew* Whatta night. I think I'll call it a day.

Last edited:

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Acquana said:
Does anyone know any trustworthy places I can donate the money to? I've never tried this before. :heh:

Right now it seems that the Red Cross is probably your best bet. My wife used to work there and it seems that a very large percentage of all donations actually go to help disaster victims rather than being absorbed by the organization itself.

Does anyone think I can actually get this to work? I'm a little intimidated, but I wanna try as hard as I can!

You are doing a GREAT thing here, Acquana. Great and generous.

As for me, I don't have a PayPal account but is there some way that I might make a donation to get the original of "Samantha the Red"? And I may be interested in "Baron Samede" too.

Bless you for what you're doing, Acquana.

Remove ads