• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Acquana Art Thread -- Thread Implosion 06/10/2007

Acquana

First Post
The Demolitions -- September 20th, 2005

Hey, dudes! You guys get another update! Sunday after the Mutants and Masterminds game wrapped up Wellstar and I ended up staying up until roughly stupid o'clock just talking. Yesterday I ended up sketching out the members of one of the Bulldozer's old teams, the Demolitions. For lack of a better term, they were a gimmick team. They're main thing was inner city crime, and their brief partnership ended rather horribly when the Four Corners were sent to take them down. I mentioned the Four Corners waaaaaaay back at the beginning of April (post 5 on first page).

To start us off with the Demolitions, yet another redraw of Dozer. This is the Bulldozer from the 80's, complete with giant hair.

14.jpg

The leader of the team was the Foreman, who was a gadgeteer and the team's public speaker.

15.jpg

And, hey, remember Echo Mummer? Well, before he moved down to New Orleans he lived in Century City and made his superheroing debut on the Demolitions at the ripe old age of 18. At that time he was a more physical mimc than any superpowers, and went by Surveyor.

17.jpg

One of the two that died in the Four Corners' hit on the Demolitions was Digger. He shaped Earth, and managed to get an advantage over the Four Corners by softening the supports of a building on top of himself and Tiger Blade. Tiger Blade managed to survive, though highly mangled, but Digger didn't.

16.jpg

The first to die was the Demolition's other tank, Wrecking Ball. The Four Corners made sure to take out their long range fighter, even if it was only a long a reach as the massive wrecking ball he slung around. Ironically enough, Wrecking Ball was the only character who was actually a construction worker.

18.jpg

After taking down the Four Corners and who hired them (a crime boss), Foreman, Surveyor, and Bulldozer decided to end their partnership. Foreman retired from the superhero biz and is now a successful businessman in Century City, Surveyor left Century City, and the Bulldozer worked alone until he more or less had the Century Sentinels form around him. Seeing what the last days of the Demolitions did to Foreman, Dozer had spent a lot of time trying to fight the idea of becoming leader of the then unnamed super team. However, no one else would hold them together, and Dozer is finally letting himself not be afraid of the responsibility. How long his confidence as a leader will last has yet to be seen.

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Acquana said:
Sunday after the Mutants and Masterminds game wrapped up Wellstar and I ended up staying up until roughly stupid o'clock just talking.
ROFL!!! I'm going to have to remember to use that line in the future. Great new pics Acquna. The newer stuff is looking better and better.

Dire Lemming

First Post
Hey Acquana, again great artwork and another interesting story. With all the detail you have in your characters you could make it into a comic book! Heck, you even already have a few side stories.

Acquana

First Post
Rita, and Acquana's concerns thereof

So. Hurricane Rita hit my home town of Beaumont, TX over Friday night. Most of the media seems to have an attitude of "Wellp, that wasn't as bad as Katrina, moving on ..." Which irritates the ever-loving crap out of me since the local paper's website seems to think it's not worth brushing aside so easily.

But my family is safe, my house probably hasn't flooded, though I don't know about wind damage. It will be at least another week before officials will be letting in those that evacuated en masse. My grandmother's house is more than likely flooded, Port Arthur was flooded reeeeeaaally badly.

I just wanted to put this up for those I don't talk to often who might have been worried. My family is safe; all the friends I checked up on left before the storm hit, and so did their families.

Those of you from Beaumont ... please drop me an email. Just lemme know you're ok. I do worry.

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Kanegrundar said:
Good to hear you're safe, Acquana.

I should hope so! She's in Atlanta (unless I'm mistaken). ;)

Oddly enough, Acquana, I've been thinking about your family and friends too. Thanks to Holly and the pic that RangerWickett posted of your group when you were all in Beaumont, you guys are the only people I've ever known from there. So when that name pops up in the news, you guys are who I think of. Since I know for a fact that the three of you no longer live there then my thoughts shift to, "I hope their loved ones are safe."

I understand your frustration but I think most of what you're seeing is just a palpable sense of relief that things were not as bad as Katrina. I don't think folks are minimizing the damage that took place but even the locals seem to acknowledge that it could have been far, far worse and they're thankful that it wasn't.

In any event, having been through a couple hurricanes before, I'm aware of the challenges they'll face in terms of cleanup and rebuilding. I wish them luck and godspeed.

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Rel said:
*sigh*

Me too! I'm always glad to hear that Acquana is okay. ;)
Sound like a great name for a song, doesn't it? I'm actually going to have to write the lyrics for it and find a song that has a good rhythm to it.

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Frukathka said:
Sound like a great name for a song, doesn't it? I'm actually going to have to write the lyrics for it and find a song that has a good rhythm to it.

Sounds like a great idea, Frukathka.

[Foghorn Leghorn]Nice boy but he's about as sharp as a bag of wet mice.[/Foghorn Leghorn]

;)

Remove ads