• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Acquana Art Thread -- Thread Implosion 06/10/2007

Acquana

First Post
Rel said:
I should hope so! She's in Atlanta (unless I'm mistaken). ;)

Oddly enough, Acquana, I've been thinking about your family and friends too. Thanks to Holly and the pic that RangerWickett posted of your group when you were all in Beaumont, you guys are the only people I've ever known from there. So when that name pops up in the news, you guys are who I think of. Since I know for a fact that the three of you no longer live there then my thoughts shift to, "I hope their loved ones are safe."

I understand your frustration but I think most of what you're seeing is just a palpable sense of relief that things were not as bad as Katrina. I don't think folks are minimizing the damage that took place but even the locals seem to acknowledge that it could have been far, far worse and they're thankful that it wasn't.

In any event, having been through a couple hurricanes before, I'm aware of the challenges they'll face in terms of cleanup and rebuilding. I wish them luck and godspeed.

Thanks, guys! Yeah, I'm fine. Savannah's been pretty lucky this season and several things that looked like they were going to hit didn't.

I know it's mostly thanks about the hurricane not being so bad ... I'm thankful myself, especially that I'm all comfy cozy far, faaaar away from Beaumont. But it's still where I grew up and I wonder how much of it will be gone if I go back. One of those things.

And, hey, Rel! Did Holly say if her family is safe?

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Acquana said:
And, hey, Rel! Did Holly say if her family is safe?

(Savannah, not Atlanta - Got it.)

I'm afraid I've not talked with her in a week or so. We frequently work together but not this past week.

My understanding is that her mother and grandmother live in NC now. I'm not sure about her sisters and other family. I certainly hope and pray that they're alright.

Acquana

First Post
Where has Acquana been?!

Where indeed. All this week I suddenly had the inescapable urge to write. I haven't done it in ages, like some odd two years or something absurd like that ... But anyway, that's what I've been using my time for this week. I've been writing like a madwoman on character background for my main NPC in the World Hopping Campaign.

I would be done by now if I hadn't gotten my wisdom teeth taken out the other day. Now mind you, I was doing fine two weeks ago when I got the two on the left side taken out. However, this was a different dentist who took out the ones on my right side, and I've been miserable. I've been getting absolutely horrible headaches that only seem to go away if I take the pain-killers that were perscribed. Which knock me out not long after I take them. *grumble grumble*

So not a lot of work done the last couple of days. When I get around to more drawing I'll slap 'em up. Just wanted to explain my absence the whole week.

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
You're making me so optimistic about having my own wisdom teeth taken out... ;)

Glad you're back and okay.

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
You know Acquana, the characters that you draw and include a smattering of history with have grown on me. Consider me stoked on the idea of a story hour thread based on the characters in you MnM game9s).

Acquana

First Post
Frukathka said:
You know Acquana, the characters that you draw and include a smattering of history with have grown on me. Consider me stoked on the idea of a story hour thread based on the characters in you MnM game9s).

Wow, thank you! I have thought about it, considering how word-heavy some of the posts are getting. ^_^ I also recall trying to update the Route 66 thread was a bit difficult. But mayhaps I was trying to make it too prose-ish. I dunno. I am still considering.

Dire Lemming

First Post
Hey Acquana, I had my 2 top wisdom teeth pulled about two weeks ago. I can still feel the holes. Did they use the mallet? That, in my opinion is the worst part of it all. I'm sorry to hear you're having so much trouble with the pain. I guess I'm lucky, it only bled for about six hours and the pain stopped after the second day. Though I did use the pills for the first one. Interestingly they helped me with my insomnia as well. :p

I think a story about those characters would be fantastic! I might even start looking at threads other than this one!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads