Adam Bradford, one of the founders of DnDBeyond, comments to Wargammer

darjr

I crit!
10CD4B28-C61E-4C22-86B5-DA1985A4B5F1.jpeg
D&DBeyond (DDB) founder and Demiplane CDO Adam Bradford recently weighed in on the Dungeons and Dragons OGL controversy, telling Wargamer, “as a fan of D&D, it is frustrating to see the walls being built around the garden”. “Through founding and overseeing DDB, I had a front-row seat to the direction Wizards of the Coast wanted to go with things, and that played a key role in my departure from that former job.”

BadEye

Chief Development Officer at Demiplane
honestly who cares what he thinks. He knew what would happen and did it anyways. Same with Twitter or any other company that sales out to a larger corp. You knew what would happen and you decided fat stacks of cash was better.
Setting the record straight - false statement here that I would like to refute.

I didn't see a dime from Wizard of the Coast's acquisition of D&D Beyond. I left well before the sale, and only after a nightmare of a year's worth of fighting to get WotC to see the light on a plethora of things (not just regarding the OGL).

DarkCrisis

Reeks of Jedi
Setting the record straight - false statement here that I would like to refute.

I didn't see a dime from Wizard of the Coast's acquisition of D&D Beyond. I left well before the sale, and only after a nightmare of a year's worth of fighting to get WotC to see the light on a plethora of things (not just regarding the OGL).
My apologizes. My ire is focused at the owners. Didn't mean to single you out. Ill make an edit.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Thats a zinger of a quote.
Indeed. I can hear the reactions from WotC now:

62a9834c85272d498adc617649c559a8

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases