Admundfort (c. 582 CY)

Red Baron

First Post
I'm currently running a retro-Greyhawk campaign set around the time of the Greyhawk Wars, and my PCs are about to travel to Admundfort to see if they can't help rescue some straggling knights who've been pinned down there by troops from the Horned Society.

Anyone have (or know where I can find) some good info on this region, particularly around this timeframe? Sadly, my Greyhawk library is much depleted from what it once was, but I might be able to track down some stuff if any generous soul can give me the right references/citations.

Thanks in advance for any help!

AdmundfortGeographer

Getting lost in fantasy maps
Red Baron said:
I'm currently running a retro-Greyhawk campaign set around the time of the Greyhawk Wars, and my PCs are about to travel to Admundfort to see if they can't help rescue some straggling knights who've been pinned down there by troops from the Horned Society.

Anyone have (or know where I can find) some good info on this region, particularly around this timeframe? Sadly, my Greyhawk library is much depleted from what it once was, but I might be able to track down some stuff if any generous soul can give me the right references/citations.

Probably the best place to look for things is the accessory, Iuz the Evil. True, this is set in the year after the Greyhawk Wars are over, but it is easy to work out what once was from before Iuz took over, to what was going on when it was under invasion by the Horned Society and before that.

I was on the Shield Lands LG Triad, I was one of the guys tasked with making sure that we kept strictly to canon info of what had come before. If you can stand the researching effort, perusing the Shield Lands' website might be a good place to look as well. True, LG has since moved forward to cy594, but there are histories to be found around there as well.

http://shieldlands.net/

BTW, I have it on very good authority that in Dungeon #113 there should be a LGJ article on the Knights of Holy Shielding. ;)

Regards,
Eric Anondson (former Shield Lands' triad)

Last edited:

Red Baron

First Post
That's awesome, Eric, thanks! I've checked out the site (great link, that), and I'm trying to track down my copy of Iuz the Evil.

Edit: Oh, yeah, and I'll definitely look forward to the Dungeon article...!

Last edited:

Remove ads