[Adventure] A Call for Lovers (DM: jbear Judge:Lord Sessadore)

Neil1889

First Post
... Rain also felt it coursing through her.

Rain felt the healing power drift through her and didn't even notice the spittle bounce off her magical shield.

OOC: Rain @ 45 Hit Points. Rain is quite open to being passed a healing potion at some point, should it be required. Also, I like this spot.

Last edited:

jbear

First Post
Soryth's exact reaction to her discovery is unknown but her displeasure is made known when Rain stumbles from her defensive position and flings her spellblade at Sabynha, the one who had identified her location. It is the bush Rain has just left that takes just enough sting out of the throw for Sabynha to move her head to one side. The arcane blade carves air and hair instead of ear. As the blade returns back to its master Rain is masters her will once more.

[sblock=Rain's delusion] Slide to current position
RBA vs Sabynha 23-2 (Bloodstone) -2 (Bush conceals Sabynha): 19 vs AC=Miss [/sblock]

GM: Rain can act
NB: Soryth is no longer dazed

Neil1889

First Post
Rain flings herself back into the fray, hoping that her cloak might spare her any wayward blows this time.

Sadly, even though Rain thinks she can smell Soryth's blood herself, the hag's invisibility cloak proves troublesome for Rain's attack.

[sblock=actions]Soryth is still marked by Rain and subject to her Aegis of Shielding.

Aegis of Shielding (Minor Close burst 2 ✦ Arcane)
Target: One creature in burst.
Effect: You mark the target. The target remains marked until you use this power against another target. If you mark other creatures using other powers, the target is still marked. A creature can be subject to only one mark at a time. A new mark supersedes a mark that was already in place. If your marked target makes an attack that does not include you as a target, it takes a -2 penalty to attack rolls. If that attack hits and the marked target is within 10 squares of you, you can use an Immediate Interrupt to reduce the damage dealt by that attack to any one creature by 8 points of damage.

Rain starts in square G20.

Move Action: Rain shifts a square to H20.

Standard Action: Booming Blade against Soryth, who is subject to Rain's Bloodhunt and (thanks to Sir Flibbertigibbet's flanking) is granting Combat Advantage to Rain - Total to Hit = 20, potential
8 damage
, but I haven't included the penalty for invisibility, so I suppose that's a miss.

◾Bloodhunt: You gain a +1 on attacks against bloodied foes.

Booming Blade (At Will Standard Melee 1 ✦ Arcane, Thunder, Weapon)
Target: One creature
Attack: +10 vs. AC
Hit: 1d8+5 damage and if the target is adjacent to you at the start of its next turn and moves away during that turn, it takes 1d6+3 Thunder damage.

FEAT:
White Lotus Riposte: When an enemy that you've hit with an Arcane At-Will attack power attacks you before the start of your next turn, that enemy takes damage (of the same type the attack power deals) equal to the ability modifier to the attack power’s damage (4).

Potential Interrupts:

If conditions are correct, Rain may use this:

Aegis of Shielding (Minor Close burst 2 ✦ Arcane)
Target: One creature in burst.
Effect: You mark the target. The target remains marked until you use this power against another target. If you mark other creatures using other powers, the target is still marked. A creature can be subject to only one mark at a time. A new mark supersedes a mark that was already in place. If your marked target makes an attack that does not include you as a target, it takes a -2 penalty to attack rolls. If that attack hits and the marked target is within 10 squares of you, you can use an Immediate Interrupt to reduce the damage dealt by that attack to any one creature by 8 points of damage.

If an enemy attacks an ally and criticals, then she might just try:

Dimensional Vortex (Encounter, Immediate Interrupt, Ranged 10 Arcane, Implement, Teleportation)
Target: The triggering enemy.
Attack: +7 vs. Will
Trigger: An enemy hits an ally with a melee attack.
Hit: You teleport the target 5 squares. The target then makes its melee attack against a creature that you choose. If no creatures are within the range of the target, then the attack is expended.
Aegis of Shielding: If the target is marked by your Aegis of Shielding power, the target's melee attack deals 3 extra damage.

Guardian's Counter might be used, if it is appropriate and can cause a total miss. (USED)

Guardian’s Counter (Encounter Immediate Interrupt Close burst 2 Martial)
Trigger: An ally within 2 squares of you is attacked and you are not included in the attack.
Effect: You and the ally shift 2 squares as a free action, swapping positions. You become the target of the triggering attack in place of the ally. After the attack is resolved, you can make a basic attack against the attacker.

Rain has this to hand, should Soryth (or for that matter another player character) attack her - teleporting out of melee but in charge reach of Soryth is fine:

Cape of the Mountebank +1 (Armour, Daily, Immediate Interrupt)
Trigger:Power (Daily, Teleportation): Immediate Interrupt. Trigger: Use this Power when you are hit by an attack.
Effect: Teleport 5 squares and gain Combat Advantage against the attacker until the end of your next turn.
Enhancement: +1 to Fortitude, Reflex and Will.

Then there is this if Rain and an ally are both caught in an attack by a marked foe:

Leather Armour of Aegis Expansion +1 (Property, Encounter, Immediate Interrupt)
Trigger: Power (Encounter): Immediate Interrupt. Trigger: A creature you have marked with your Aegis of Shielding power targets you and at least one of your allies with an attack.
Effect: The damage of the triggering creature's attack damage is reduced by 6.

All else failing, Rain may use Infernal Wrath if no allies are hit and she is. Burning a minion is fine.

Infernal Wrath (Encounter Free Close burst 10 ✦ Fire)
Target: The triggering enemy in the burst
Trigger: An enemy within 10 squares of you hits you.
Effect: The target takes 1d6+4 fire damage.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]Rain

Female Tiefling Swordmage, Level 4.
Initiative: +3, Passive Perception: 11, Passive Insight: 12. Senses: Low-light vision.
AC: 22, Fort: 16, Reflex: 17, Will: 17.
HP:
45 + 0 THP/50 (+5 THP), Bloodied: 25, Surge Value: 12 +1 THP, Surges left: 2/11
Speed: 6 squares. Size: Medium. Languages: Tsugo, Allarian.
Saving Throw Bonuses: +2 Feat bonus to Saving Throws.
Action Points: 0

Powers:
Infernal Wrath
Second Wind - USED
Guardian's Counter - USED
Aegis of Shielding
Sword Burst
Booming Blade
Sword of Sigils
Dimensional Thunder - USED
Arcane Mutterings
Dimensional Vortex
Leather Armour of Aegis Expansion - Encounter Power
Cape of the Mountebank +1 - Daily Power

Conditions: None.
[/sblock]

jbear

First Post
[sblock=OOC]After taking a close look to ensure I am playing Sryth correctly I have seen that her double Basic Attack power is a Recharge Power.

I forgot to roll the recharge after her first use so I rolled it now. If she had failed this roll i would have expended her Action Point to cover for the extra attack she made (even though it missed).

A 6 was rolled so it recharged.

Recharge after the last use roll: 6 is also successful

Also I don't think Rain ever rolled her Booming Blade dmg from when Soryth teleported away-[/sblock]

Rain feels the woosh of Soryth's staff swing past her face and manages to raise her arcane shield to deflect the blow, but given that the witch is invisible she is unable to dodge the second strike from the other end of the staff that swiftly follows. The swordmage's will melts and she finds herself flinging her blade at Sir Flibbertigibbet. The blade strikes true leaving the hexblade fluttering and unsteady in the air. A third attack seems to get caught on the bushes behind the hag and with a curse she seems to try and step into the bish where Rain had attacked her from giving each of the warriors a chance to strike at their invisible foe from behind. A horrible cackle summons new twig blight seedlings from around the garden which rush in moments later under the hags expert guidnace and strike with brutal accuracy, leaving Sir Flibbertigibbet unconscious and dying on the ground and Rain stinging with poison coursing through her veins once more.

Soryth appears looking worried.

GM: Sir FLib and Rain have an OAtk each to make vs Soryth with CAdv vs AC 24

Rain takes 10+5+5 dmg and Onging 5 posion dmg (save ends)
Sir FLib takes 11+5 dmg; Delusion attack vs Wat misses and is now free to act

Wat is not affected by Soryth's delusion power where he is; he is free to act

NB: You should all have healing potions; they have been given out quite frequently throughout the adventure.

Question: Did anyone add the unicorn charge dmg onto Soryths dmg total on the google sheet? I can't be bothered adding up all the damage again so I thought I would check first.

If it was added Soryth then has 87 Hps left
If it was not added then she has 68 Hps left

[sblock=Soryth's Turn]
Standard: Nightmare COmpulsion for 2 MBAs with Staff of Delusion (with CAdv (not included in rolls);invisible): 21 vs AC=Miss; 28 vs AC=Hit for 10 dmg and Rain makes a RBA vs Sir Flib: 27 vs AC=Hit for 11 dmg
Action Point: Staff of Delusion vs Rain: 13 vs AC=miss
Move: Into I19 (Difficult Terrain) provokes OAtks from Rain and Sir FLib (AC 24 while invisible; CAdv for attks due to flank)
Minor Action: Summon 4 Twig Blights (Recharges when there are no twig blights)

Twig Blights: TB1 crits Sir FLib for 5 dmg; TB2 23 vs AC Rain=Hit for 5 dmg; TB3 crits Rain for 5 and 5 Ongoing poison dmg; TB4 15 vs AC Sabynha=miss

Sir FLib's Delusion: RBA vs Wat 19 vs Ref misses due to cover from statue [/sblock]

Last edited:

Neil1889

First Post
[sblock=OOC]...
Also I don't think Rain ever rolled her Booming Blade dmg from when Soryth teleported away-[/sblock]

Rain feels the woosh of Soryth's staff swing past her face and manages to raise her arcane shield to deflect the blow, but given that the witch is invisible she is unable to dodge the second strike from the other end of the staff that swiftly follows...

Rain suddenly activates her magical cloak to re-appear somewhere else before the impact from Soryth's strike is meaningful.

Rain's infernal nature suddenly burns Soryth horribly when the witch manages to hurt the tiefling; this pain is compounded further when swordmage strikes true at Soryth when the hag tries to run past her.

However, once again the attacks of Twig Blights leave Rain reeling. It dawns on Rain that they might have to keep one alive to stop the hag summoning more of the damnable things.

OOC: Thank-you, Rain's booming blade damage = 9

When Soryth's 2nd attack hit, she'll use this to teleport to E19 if she may, saving her from the first block of 10 damage.

Infernal Wrath against Soryth - Total Damage is 10.

Infernal Wrath (Encounter Free Close burst 10 ✦ Fire)
Target: The triggering enemy in the burst
Trigger: An enemy within 10 squares of you hits you.
Effect: The target takes 1d6+4 fire damage.

Opportunity attack vs. Soryth: Basic Melee Attack with Farbond Spellblade (Longsword) +1 : +10 vs AC, D8+5 damage against Soryth, who is subject to Rain's Bloodhunt and is granting Combat Advantage to Rain - Total to Hit = 32, damage is 12.

I haven't included the penalty for invisibility or cover, but that will still hit.

◾Bloodhunt: You gain a +1 on attacks against bloodied foes.

I haven't touched Soryth's stats on the sheet.

[sblock=Ministats]Rain

Female Tiefling Swordmage, Level 4.
Initiative: +3, Passive Perception: 11, Passive Insight: 12. Senses: Low-light vision.
AC: 22, Fort: 16, Reflex: 17, Will: 17.
HP:
25 + 0 THP/50 (+5 THP), Bloodied: 25, Surge Value: 12 +1 THP, Surges left: 2/11
Speed: 6 squares. Size: Medium. Languages: Tsugo, Allarian.
Saving Throw Bonuses: +2 Feat bonus to Saving Throws.

Powers:
Infernal Wrath - USED
Second Wind - USED
Guardian's Counter - USED
Aegis of Shielding
Sword Burst
Booming Blade
Sword of Sigils
Dimensional Thunder - USED
Arcane Mutterings
Dimensional Vortex
Leather Armour of Aegis Expansion - Encounter Power
Cape of the Mountebank +1 - Daily Power

Conditions:
Bloodied

Poisoned - Ongoing 5.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

jbear

First Post
OOC:

Cape of the Mountebank +1 (Armour, Daily, Immediate Interrupt)
Trigger:power (Daily, Teleportation): Immediate Interrupt. Trigger: Use this Power when you are hit by an attack.
Effect: Teleport 5 squares and gain Combat Advantage against the attacker until the end of your next turn.
Enhancement: +1 to Fortitude, Reflex and Will.

GM: Unfortunately the power of the Cape of the Mountebank is an Immediate Reaction; it does not negate the attack, damage or effect. It would have got you away if the first attack had hit. I will let you assess whether you want to use this power or not as if you do then Rain will miss out on her OAtk vs Soryth, and Sir Flib will lose flank bonus

Mewness

First Post
Sir Flibbertigibbet utters a shriek of frustration and brings his sword down on Soryth will all the force he can muster, before vanishing in a puff of pixie dust. A moment later, his worried face pokes out from a crevice in one of the statues, before ducking back in again.

[sblock=actions]Standard: piercing shard vs Will, Soryth; damage
8(1d20) +10 +2 = 20; 17(2d10) +9 +2 = 28
. Soryth is now concealed rather than invisible, is that right? Hits Will for 28 cold and psychic, if that's so. Otherwise a miss.

Move: ethereal stride to teleport to E14. If Sir F hit Soryth, he's invisible to her and will try to hide from her. Not sure whether this does any good, but what the hell. stealth to hide from Soryth
4(1d20) +12 = 16
aaand the roll sucked anyway.

Sir F gains +2 to defenses from ethereal stride.[/sblock]
[sblock=Sir Flibbertigibbet]Sir Flibbertigibbet
Male Pixie Hexblade 4
Initiative: +6, Passive Perception: 17, Passive Insight: 12, Senses: Low-Light Vision
AC:20 (22), Fort:16 (18), Reflex:17 (19), Will:18 (20)
HP:2/42, Bloodied:21, Surge Value:10, Surges left:2/8
:bmelee: Icy Skewer +10 vs. AC, 1d10+9 cold damage and Sir Flibbertigibbet gets a +2 power bonus to all defenses against the target’s attacks until EoNT.
:branged: Eldritch Bolt +7 vs. Reflex, 1d10+9 force damage, range 10
Eldritch Bolt, Icy Skewer, Soul Step
[o] Pixie Dust
[x] Shrink
[x] Piercing Shard
[x] Piercing Shard
[x] Ethereal Stride
[x] Sneak Attack
[x] Second Wind
[x] Action Point

[x] Armor of Winter’s Grasp
[o] Lesser Planar Ally
[o] Vanguard Weapon daily

Conditions: +2 defenses, invisible to Soryth?, bloodied

Full sheet: Sir Flibbertigibbet[/sblock]

Neil1889

First Post
GM: Unfortunately the power of the Cape of the Mountebank is an Immediate Reaction; it does not negate the attack, damage or effect. It would have got you away if the first attack had hit. I will let you assess whether you want to use this power or not as if you do then Rain will miss out on her OAtk vs Soryth, and Sir Flib will lose flank bonus

OOC: Ok, I'm not quite sure why that's not working (as you say) for the second, but I'll move on.

I've edited Rain's previous post to bring in some Infernal Wrath for Soryth and I'll sort Rain's opportunity attack from that location in that same previous post before also. I'll repeat the figures here on an edit:

Infernal Wrath was 10 damage.
Opportunity attack was 12 damage.

(I've mentioned the penalty 9 Booming blade damage previously.)

I think Soryth is on 24 hit points remaining if Sir Flib's turn based attacks missed and his opportunity attack hits with all of the above working out OK for Rain.

I've personally not edited Soryth's stats on the sheet, but I will edit Rain's (Edit: Beaten to it).

Looks like Sir Flib is still up on 2 hp's.

Zuri has one healing potion left. Rain has none.

Last edited:

Remove ads