(Adventure) Dealing with hooly-gans [Judge Pbartender]

RillianPA

First Post
"Um, sure Mr. O'Reilly, no problem. Hmmm, wont be able to carry my pack and javelins, though I can probably hide my shortsword."

Rillian ties his javelin firmly into his pack, and turns his belt, moving his shortsword around to the back.

"Kirin, could you take my pack please?"

"Now um, gentlemen, " Rillian says to the hobos, "which one of you would be willing to sell me his outfit, for a fair price of course?"

DM-Rocco

Explorer
Grogg, Son of Groog, fairly sure he could duplicate the smell for Rillian if he wanted it, gets up from his hiding spot and makes way for the bar. He searchs for a good place where he can see and be ready to act quickly, his 'syrup' at the ready.

Last edited:

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
RillianPA said:
"Now um, gentlemen, " Rillian says to the hobos, "which one of you would be willing to sell me his outfit, for a fair price of course?"

"B-b-but sir," says Williams sheepishly, "we've only g-g-got the one set each."

"Nudity encourages sinful thoughts," adds Smythe, seeming to ignore the fact that the homeless group is, collectively, about as likely to inspire sinful thoughts as a gaping chest wound.

"Noo worries, my goood maan, I think I can rustle up an extra set," says Coom.

"Might not come here," throws in Lars reluctantly. He looks as eager to be rid of the gang as anyone, but pessemistic. "They do other stuff. Harass other people. Knock over shops." He sweeps the street with his eyes again. "I've seen it." He glances at Grogg's retreating back. "Shouldn't someone go with him?"

The bar slowly to the entrance of Grogg. A general shuffling away, a few mutters, someone sputtering something inarticulate but nonethless uncomplimentary, and a few wary glances from, and towards, a small group of half-orc laborers who seem to have staked out a corner of the tavern and seem to be maintaining their position mainly by the force of their mass and shoulder span, both of which are impressive.

None of the maids seem eager to approach Grogg, who sits himself down in a table that quickly gains an empty space around it. With a table or two between them, the lone serving boy, a strong-looking teenager, gives Grogg a surly look. "Whaddya want?" he says. "No trouble, y'hear?"

RillianPA

First Post
"Um, ok Mr Coom, um thanks.

So, um guys, I was thinking that after I get changed, I buy some "booze" and then wander slowly through the neighborhood, pretending to drink some while keeping my appearance hidden. I dont expect these hooly-gans are clever bandits, so if you guys just stay around hundred feet behind me, probably no one will notice you, especially if I turn corners relatively frequently.

Whadda ya think?"

DM-Rocco

Explorer
"Hmm," said Grogg, Son of Grogg, as he smacked his parched lips. He started to order a drink, but thought better of it, then began to order again as he quickly forgot what he was there for in the first place.

"Milk," he said in a proud vioce, happy that he didn't get any alcohol, but equally happy he didn't order just water. Not noticing that the table have cleared because of him, he scooted his seat closer to the window and watched as the nice Iggy fellow and Coom talked, ready for action. Every once and a while he would look over his shoulder and smile at those who gave him looks of any kind, his hand on his 'syrup', concealed beneath his cloak.

OOC, oops, I thought this was the plan, but I am okay with whatever, I'll wait here until you decide what to do next.;)

Da Stick

First Post
RillianPA said:
"Um, ok Mr Coom, um thanks.

So, um guys, I was thinking that after I get changed, I buy some "booze" and then wander slowly through the neighborhood, pretending to drink some while keeping my appearance hidden. I dont expect these hooly-gans are clever bandits, so if you guys just stay around hundred feet behind me, probably no one will notice you, especially if I turn corners relatively frequently.

Whadda ya think?"

ÿeah think that a good plan"

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Kirin has remained quiet through most of the planning (though she has examined the men for any injuries or illness they need assistance with) but finally speaks up. "I am most comfortable catching these men in the act as it were, so your general plan is fine with me. I might suggest that I act as the 'bait' however. My size might make me even more of a target for these sort of bullies, and if there is any problem with the others catching up, I have a spell that can grant me some protection for a few moments while I flee back towards the others."

ooc: sorry I've been missing, Kirin has sanctuary as her domain spell, and it would give her 2 rounds of defense while everyone else was charging. She is also a bit sturdier than she looks. but I won't steal Rillian's thunder if he wants to be the decoy.

Manzanita

First Post
Iggy

"We could try both. We could spread out as we walk around. It would be good to get a sense of the local geography as well. We'd get a lot of attention with Grog there, but if we're spread out, I reckon that would be OK."

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
"We don't got milk," says the boy with poorly concealed belligerence. The boy, whom the observant might note is incredibly nervous faking courage but the unobservant will see as rather brave (or foolhardy), nervously glances to the hand under Grogg's cloak.

As near as Kirin can tell, the homeless men are in surprisingly good health, considering their circumstances.

Ready whenever you guys outside are- although you may have until I get back (see signature) to plan.

Last edited:

RillianPA

First Post
ooc: sorry I've been missing, Kirin has sanctuary as her domain spell, and it would give her 2 rounds of defense while everyone else was charging. She is also a bit sturdier than she looks. but I won't steal Rillian's thunder if he wants to be the decoy.

/ooc Bah, thunder schmunder, I just didn't want to saddle anyone else with the dangerous part of my plan, plus I am a rogue (though sometimes I wonder if rouge wouldn't be more appropriate), and the same race/size as the targets to date. However, if you think Kirin can pull it off, that's good for me.

"Um, oh, ah we couldn't risk you, Lady Kirin, you're..." Rillian waves his hands vaguely "too important. On the other hand, we could leave Cirus here, he might be a little to conspicuous, and then the rest of us could keep up more easily. Mmmm, maybe its a good idea after all. Do you think you could pull off the costume? Mr Coom, do you think you could kit out Lady Kirin?"

Remove ads