Adventure: Delivery of Death (DM: Luinnar, Judge: renau1g)

Luinnar

First Post
"I don't think standing here and getting soaked by this rain is going to make us more ready. Let's move in." Brenn's voice was calm and resolute, despite the eerie nature of the place.

[sblock= OOC] Is there only one way in? How big are the stained glass windows? [/sblock]
GM: You don't see any other way in besides the front door. The stained glass windows are low and large enough to fit through if smashed, but they are at the front, where the main door is and lead to the same area. (you can't see inside through them)

Luinnar

First Post
As you step through the broken window, the yellow light from within the mausoleum bathes you in its pale glow. A vile, fetid air flows around you, overpowering your senses. The smell is one that Jax, Dorn and Andras have smelled before. You walk down stairs to a huge chamber. Before you is littered with bones. The ceiling is a glass dome, through which you can see the storm clouds parting to unleash a stream of moonlight. Luc seems scared, following you only at a distance.

As you progress onward you spot a figure. Standing in front of you is a hideous creature who resembles Jean Tarascon, but with rotting, pale gray skin. Welcome to my domain, intones the figure with a cold, rasping voice. I am Marcel Tarascon, lord of the undead. The Dark Lords may have cheated me at another chance at life, but they have also given me much power in death. Even my killer is under my command! he rasps, motioning to the nearby Ju-ju zombie.

Soon the town of Marais d'Tarascon shall be mine, and then the domain of Souragne shall be within my grasp! My two brothers shall be undead generals in my army. With them, not even its lord, Anton Misrol, will be able to stand in my way!

Now give me what I seek, I command you! Give me the scroll of the six signs . . . or join the rest of Marais d'Tarascon in living death!
he shouts.

With that, large shapes shamble out of the dark recesses that line the chamber walls. As they step into the light cast by the foul braziers, you see that they are zombies and they are moving toward you!

[sblock=combatants]
Marcel
HP: 237/237 Bloodied 119
AC:22 Fort:19 Ref:19 Will:19
Immune: Disease, Poison
Resist 10 Necrotic, Vulnerable: 5 Radiant

Ju-ju Zombie
HP: 186/186 Bloodied 93
AC:19 Fort: 22 Ref:16 Will:17
Resist 5 Necrotic, Vulnerable: 5 Radiant

Zombie Fighter
HP: 80 Bloodied 40
AC:23 Fort:20 Ref:18 Will:18

Zombie
HP: Minion
AC:19 Fort:19 Ref:15 Will:16
[/sblock]

[sblock=Terrain]
The braziers (the circular things), are impassible, light the area, but don't block line of sight or line of effect.

The statues are impassible, block LOS/LOE.

The tomb is difficult terrain.

A DC 15 athletics check is needed to climb the sides of the raised platform in the middle.
[/sblock]
GM: Jax, Sir ExSixTen, Andras and Brenn are effected by the Stench of Death, -2 to attack rolls (save ends). Dorn is immune because he succeeded the endurance save at the inn last night (with the zombies who could spawn wisps).

Zombies get a 20 on init.

Everyone please roll init (if you are not giving him the scroll you found), if you get equal or greater than 20 you can post your turn.

@TwoHeadsBarking is Andras all leveled up? :)

Attachments

• vsmarcel.jpg
    vsmarcel.jpg
    259 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
ooc: Yup, all leveled. Init 13.

[sblock=Andras's mini-stats]Andras genasi Warlord 5
Initiative: +3 | Passive perception: 17 | Passive Insight: 12
AC: 20 | For: 19 | Ref: 17 | Will: 15
HP: 46/46 | Bloodied: 23 | Surge value: 11 | Surges: 9/9
Resist: 5 Fire, 5 Necrotic, 5 Poison
Speed: 6 | Languages: Allarian, Primordial
AP: 1 | Second Wind: not used
Melee Basic Attack: +9 vs AC, 1d8+4 damage
Ranged Basic Attack: +9 vs AC, 1d10+7 damage
Powers: Paint the Bulls-Eye, Risky Shot
Race the Arrow, Staggering Shot
Relentless Wounding, Create Opportunity
Firedeath, Inspiring Word (2/2), Shake It Off
Rebounding Longbow,
Deathcut Armor, Acrobat Boots

Skirmishing Presence:
When an ally who can see Andras spends an Action Point to make an attack, that ally can shift four squares before or after the attack, and gets a +1 bonus to attack rolls with said attack.

Conditions:

-2 to attacks (save ends)
[/sblock]

nerdytenor

First Post
Dorn sighs inwardly (Init 18). Just when I thought we were done with the undead...

[sblock=Dorn Stat Block]
Dorn, Half-Orc Sorcerer 7
Passive Perception 12, Passive Insight 12
AC 20, Fort 15, Reflex 18, Will 20 (base defenses)
HP +4TMP 57/57 Bloodied 28 Surge Value 14, Surges 7/7
Speed 6, Initiative +9
Action Points: 1

Current Effects
Wild Soul: poison (Resist 5 poison and ignore first 5 poison resistance)

Encounter Resources
Bedeviling Burst
Ice Dragon's Teeth
Spark Form
Furious Assault
Half-Orc Resilience
Goblin Stompers
Second Wind
Use Action Point

Daily Resources
Ice Javelins
Moon and the Stars
Deep Shroud
Chaotic Defense
Deathstalker Dagger
Repulsion Leather Armor

2x potion of healing
[/sblock]

Dekana

Explorer
Not this stench again! Jax claws at his snout in a futile attempt to dig out the smell, succeeding only in allowing the zombies the first strike.

OOC: My desktop PC died last night, so my posting may be diminished until I fix it. I can still rely on laptop until then.

Last edited:

nerdytenor

First Post
Dorn gestures with his hands and a shadowy shroud envelops him and his nearest allies (Deep Shroud - Dorn's square and all adjacent are heavily obscured (which means non-adjacent enemy melee and ranged attacks take a -5, and adjacent ones take a -2)). Thus protected, the sorcerer gestures again. An enormous ball of freezing ice explodes in the midst of the undead - the force of the explosions blasts both friend and foe alike (Ice Dragon's Teeth kills zombie 3, zombie 4, critical miss on the fighter means all within 5 (all allies, juju zombie and zombie 5) are pushed one square away from Dorn.)

[sblock=Dorn Stat Block]
Dorn, Half-Orc Sorcerer 7
Passive Perception 12, Passive Insight 12
AC 20, Fort 15, Reflex 18, Will 20 (base defenses)
HP +4TMP 57/57 Bloodied 28 Surge Value 14, Surges 7/7
Speed 6, Initiative +9
Action Points: 1

Current Effects
Wild Soul: poison (Resist 5 poison and ignore first 5 poison resistance)
Deep Shroud (sustain minor)

Encounter Resources
Bedeviling Burst
USED Ice Dragon's Teeth
Spark Form
Furious Assault
Half-Orc Resilience
Goblin Stompers
Second Wind
Use Action Point

Daily Resources
Ice Javelins