[Adventure] Dirty Money: (The Final Encounter; Rohna, Tondrek up)[Judge: THB]

Status
Not open for further replies.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
"Excuse me Tondrek dear. What was that about a storm and the draconic prophesy?"
Tondrek absently says hmm? and then nods, almost to himself. He takes out some of the spare pieces of wire from his collection and then starts twisting them. It takes a few minutes, and each time Shava seems ready to interupt him to ask what was going on, the halfork just grumped waity wait! When he was done, he turned to the khoravar.

In his hand, the wire has been transformed into a a complicated mess. From this angle, it looks like a spoked gear. Tondrek twists it about. Gears are turning. He then turns it to its side. From this side, it looks more abstract, but if one squints hard, it looks like something with wings and maybe a cloud with lightning. Crimson—it means red—drake flies within Storm. One other flip and its... well, round? Finds Eye of Tiger twice. He claps happily, accidentally impaling himself on one of the barbs, though he hardly notices. Draconic Profsy say it. Or bees say it. Though bees don't talk. Unless you infuse them. Hmm... elenamental binding for insects. You'd have to use something big or small... He starts muttering to himself about some disturbing possibilities...

Vertexx69

First Post
[sblock=OOC @ stonegod]Hey SG, unless you had plans for those magic Spiked Gauntlets +3 down the line, I'd see if Evo will let you make them Challenge Seeking Spiked Gauntlets +3 (AV2) instead before we continue. They cost the same but have a nifty property too. You would deal +2d6 extra dmg to enemies with max hp with them.[/sblock]After the roped up dragon corpse disappears through the trap door, Rohna comes back down to see what the hold up is. She didn't think she would be walking into the middle of a scholarly debate, but there the brainy types were, huddled in a group, in the middle of a filthy sewer no less, passing papers back and forth talking in excited whispers. Her stony face crinkles into her easy smile and she doesn't even try to listen in on the meeting of minds. "You all have just about everything you need from down here?" She leans a gloved hand against the wall to wait and cracks open another hidden compartment. Dust obscures the inlet and billows out into the chamber.

OOC - could this be where the rest of the stuff is? dun dun Dun!!!!

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=Challenge seeking]
You trade the bonus damage on a crit for the extra damage to full hp enemies. There is some trade-off to consider[/sblock]

Vertexx69

First Post
[sblock=Challenge Seeking]Yep its just a suggestion. :heh: You just ask yourself what do you thinks going to happen more often, rolling a natural 20 or swinging at monsters with full hp.[/sblock]

EvolutionKB

First Post
As Shava roots around the area above the dragon's treasure room, something begins crawling towards her. It looked similar to her dragonmark, and the sorceress felt inclined to touch it. When she does so, the thing causes a tingle as it flows over her skin and her dragonmark. The tingling increases, and she realizes her mark is altered, subtlely but still noticeable by her.

While above the others, Shava also finds a set of clothes, that would looks great on her. Loose enough to be caught in the winds, but tight enough to show her womanly attibutes and also be suitable for combat.

The half-elf also finds a dagger, which emits a rumble of thunder when she grasps it's hilt. A gem in the hilt falls loose and she can't get it to fit back in. The gem is still valuable though.

[sblock=ooc]To replace the belt of Vim, shava gains the storm torc tatoo(last parcel; lv+4); she also gains summoned githweave cloth armor+3(level 7, N+4); thunder dagger +2(level 6; N+2); and fine gem, (worth 1000gp; level 5; n gold)[/sblock]

Roswyn is below as the gold is gathered. The gnome ties the belt given from Shava around her waist. Among the gold, she finds a piece of an old printing press. This would fetch quite a amount of gold from the right buyer. Luckily her house would buy such an item. Also found is a pair of gloves, they look like cloth, but are feel like mail. Clearly an illusion.

[sblock=ooc]Roswyn gets the belt of vim(@ level 5; n+3); a piece of a printing press(art object)worth 1800gp(level 6; n gold); and illusionist's gloves(level 7; N+2)[/sblock]

With everything gathered, including the dragon's corpse, they move up to the surface, emerging again in the kobold's club. Somebody is waiting. A female drow greets the group, even though her gaze on Tamarand. Judging from her dress, it's the changeling. "I need to speak with him," she says. Tamarand looks to the others, "It's fine," he says. "I'll meet you at the tavern tonight."

[sblock=ooc]Tondrek can't make any sense of the prophecy or the schema. This is Tamarand's official retirement. Plans for the dragon corpse?[/sblock]

The group continues onto the tavern, there they meet the guard, who gives them their money from the split of gear.

[sblock=ooc]That should be all the treasure. Part of the level gold you recieve is from the guard. Foundation for the next addy is in place. Continue to RP here if you have anything else to say. Next addy will start Wed, thursday, or friday.[/sblock]

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
Shava clenches her fingers into the floor as she feels her skin litterally crawl for a moment as the pattern on her back changes. That was a poor choice. . . In a moment it is all over and she can feel her powers amplified. I really hope that was a psychotic episode of some kind. She grabs her waterskin and forces herself to hydrate.

She uncovers the reset and bites her bottom lip in an odd smile. She feels the cloth between her fingers then brings it up to her face breathing in deeply. Pity it does not match the belt in the least.

Her face appears in the trapdoor again. "Roswynn, dear?" She waits till she can see her clearly before dropping her belt down. I got you a present. I'll be back in a minute." The half-elf disappears from view again.

She very carefully changes out of current clothes, including her sylvan, admirable style jacket. And replaces the outer layer with the new material. Checking to make sure it's set and tight in the right places. She takes a good look at her jacket before folding it away, into her pack. All for a good cause. She grabs the gem, the gold, and tucks the other dagger into her old belt and slides out the hole.

"Ok then, shall we? I have some shopping to do."

ryryguy

First Post
[sblock=level gold]Is the level gold awarded in a post someplace that I missed, or is it just assumed to be awarded?[/sblock]

Roswyn accepts the belt from Shava happily. She clasps it around her tiny waist. When the half-elf returns wearing her new jacket, Roswyn smiles and nods approvingly. "Very nice, Shava! And the belt wouldn't go with it at all. The bunched look would not be good on you, I don't think."

She gives Tamarand and the changeling a long look as they depart, but says nothing.

As the group leaves the tavern and prepares to go their separate ways, Roswyn speaks up. "Just a minute, everyone. I want to tell you how much I have enjoyed your company during these past few trying days. You showed skills and courage beyond anything I expected," she continues, looking each companion in the eye in turn - Rohna, Tondrek, and then finally Shava. She grins. "Well, of course I did already know about you, Shava dear! But it's good to see you haven't gotten rusty since I saw you last."

Roswyn's expression abruptly turns serious. "I had a feeling when we met in the Shard that it was not mere chance. And now, I think we all know that we stumbled into something bigger than just a gang of slimy kobold lowlifes back there, even if we don't know exactly what. The Prophecy has drawn us together, and I have a similar feeling as when we met, that great things are in store...

"So I'm certain that we will see each other again, and soon. And Prophecy or no Prophecy, I couldn't be happier. Mark my words: the bards of Sharn - no, of Eberron! - will one day sing of the legendary exploits of Roswyn's Rapscallions!"

The gnome finishes her speech staring up into the sky above the soaring spires of the city, a dazzling smile on her face. After a moment she looks back at her companions, anxiously searching their expressions. "Or... do you like 'Roswyn's Ruffians' more? 'Roswyn's Roughnecks'? No, I think there's already a group that call themselves 'Roughnecks'... 'Ricard's' or 'Rico's' or something... hmmm... 'Roswyn's Rogues'? That has a nice ring to it, but for some reason I think people might hear that and think we're just a bunch of backstabbers, I'm not sure exactly why..."

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
[sblock=Level Gold]It was folded into the rest of the treasure. I even nicely didn't take a double parcel of gold (even though Evo wrote it that way :))[/sblock]Tondrek, overburdened with stuff, scratches his head at Roswyn's name for the "team". Tondrek run with lots of friends with names big like that. They all die. Maybe that why I make own friends. That, and they don't stab, kill, burn, or unhappy you. After staring off into space a moment, he brightens up. Maybe name without name in it.

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
"Thats what I was thinking!" Shava laughs and gives Roswyn a slightly too rough push. "But let's walk and talk. I'm so done with the smell of this place."

She starts to head out, back to the world, shopping and the tavern. "I think Tondrek's right though. How about. . . The Storm Runners! Or Dragon's Bane! Or. . ."

Vertexx69

First Post
"Yes I don't think it'd, work using a person's name in a group calling either. All it'd take is that person to get squashed by a giant, or eaten by something for the name to become moot." She looks at the secured corpse and the muck of kobold still hanging from her flesh. "Maybe something including our deeds like 'the Dragon Stalkers' or 'Krathak En Morthon'? That's 'slumbering death' in my native tongue." The fighter picks something unseemly off her warhammer as she thinks hard, her own stony tongue slipping out of the corner of her mouth as the gears of her mind slowly turn. "The dragon theme would work well, if we have somehow gotten caught up in some draconic prophecy. Especially once this bad boy has been stuffed and mounted in the shard, or maybe the Vadalis stables?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads