• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adventure: Get Me to the Church on Time (DM: BenBrown, Judge: Renau1g)

Tenchuu

First Post
OOC: Updated Stat Block

[sblock=Action Block, Mini-Stats]

[sblock=Action Block]
Move:
Minor:
Standard:

[/sblock][sblock=Spider Stat block]Jarro 'Spider' Sarak - Male Half-Orc Slayer 2
Initiative: +5, Passive Perception: +11, Passive Insight: +11

Defenses:

AC: 18, Fort: 19, Reflex: 15, Will: 12 -- Speed: 6 (+2 Charging)

Properties:
Superior Fortitude Feat: resist 3 to ongoing damage

Vitality:
HP: 25/33, THP: 0/5 Bloodied: 16, Surge Value: 8, Surges left: 8/10
Action Points: 1/1, Second Wind: not used

Basic Attacks:
:bmelee: Basic Melee Attack: +10 vs AC - Vanguard Fullblade +1 1d12+9 (Crit: +1d12 +1d8)
:ranged: Ranged Basic Attack: +9 vs AC - Dagger 1d4+8

Powers:
At-Will:
MBA, Charge MBA, RBA, Berserker's Charge Stance, Poised Assault Stance, Pass Forward (Move)
Encounter: Furious Assault, Power Strike, Half-Orc Resilience
Daily: Vanguard Weapon Daily

Weapons:
1 Vanguard Fullblade +1 1d12
1 Dagger 1d4

[/sblock][sblock=Spider's Journal]
1. Lord Adelin Mallaby recruits me and some other adventurers from the Tavern. He asked for protection, on a trip to Allaria. He is to be wed to Elena of Terconis, daughter of the Count of Terconis. According to tradition, the wedding must take place at the ancient chapel of the Terconis family, and the chapel in Count's Crovale lies in the high hills of old Allaria. The lady and the Count are already there.
2. The adventurers board Starlight's Veil, Mallaby's brig. The ship is built for speed, not cargo or battle.
3. Intended Path: Land at Ristaren (100 miles south of Fromish), and make our way up the old highway to here. A mile or two off the highway is the village of Achirem, which is still thriving in the midst of rough country, so they say. From there we cross Derianis ridge, and then down to Crovale. The last part through the hills may be dangerous.
4. We land at Ristaren, and it is a small, poor town.
5. We killed a bunch of spiders.
6. We arrived at Achirem, where Kelvan told us to watch out for:
a. Bramble scar: some kind of trap/pit thing we can't avoid.
b. Hzaka Raiders
c. Ismene: Local robin hood bandit type. Lady, with a band of rugged ladies.
7. Get Jumped, or try to Jump, some Hzaka Raiders.
8. Meet up with Ismene's band, but managed to talk our way through it.
9. Encounter: Angry Bear, Angrier bees, and a hungry frog. Graval got eaten by a frog, but Spider saved him.

NickNames
Grava
God Sword
Mount'in-mon
Gold'orn
Mista Magi
Lor' Malabee
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

bluesfella

Explorer
[sblock=Zardi's Level 2 Stats]Zardi - Goliath Barbarian 2
Initiative: +1, Passive Perception: 11, Passive Insight: 11, Senses: Normal vision
AC:17, Fort:18, Reflex:11, Will:13
Basic Attack - Fey Strike Greataxe: +9 vs AC, 1d12 +6 damage (When charging, add 1d6 damage from Howling Strike)
Ranged Basic Attack - Throwing Hammer: +8 vs AC, 1d6+5 damage
HP:42/42, Bloodied:21, Surge Value:10, Surges left:11
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: unused
Powers: Howling Strike, Pressing Strike, Rageblood Vigor
Stone's Endurance, Feral Might:Swift Charge, Great Cleave, Combat Sprint
Bloodhunt Rage

Conditions:none[/sblock]

Last edited:

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
[sblock=Filling in for ren]
From the portal:
Fey Strike Greataxe +1
Rebuking Chain Armor +1
Vanguard Fullblade +1
2 Healing Potions

(Dwarven Plate Armor +1 distributed earlier)

It's Levelin' Time!

Encounter #1 (Joompin' Spider!): 308 XP per character
Encounter #2 (Hobgoblin Slavers): 246 XP per character
Encounter #3 (Charmin' Your Way Across the Bridge): 140 XP per character
Encounter #4 (Bears & Bees): 266 XP per character

Totals, including time XP and gold (3 months) and accumulated gold from prior encounters:
For Goldenhorn, Graval, Spider & Zardi: 1461 xp, 503 gp
For Tyris: 266 xp, 30 gp

Approved.[/sblock]

BenBrown

First Post
The journey goes quickly, and before too long Mallaby's merry band of groomsmen can see the tower that is their goal. As they approach, Ismene produces a map of the general area, and points out some salient features on it.

"We should be able to get pretty close without them seeing us," she says. "It's getting up to the tower that's the trick--or getting them to come out. When we catch them away from the tower, it's a better match, but they're too tough to do much other than hit-and-run on. Anyway, it's getting them out on demand that's the tricky part. If any of you have any ideas, I'd be all too glad to hear them."[sblock=ooc]In addition to the PCs, Lord Mallaby, Ismene, Carlotta, Thais, and Dirk are around. Obviously you'll want someone to stay with Mallaby, but the others can be part of the plan, but won't want to be front-line fighters. Feel free to ask any questions, both IC and OOC.[/sblock][sblock=map]
HobgoblinTowerSetup.gif

Green areas are brush. They are difficult terrain, but provide concealment (total concealment for prone characters).
The field of rocks at the upper left hand corner of the map is also difficult terrain. Large rocks provide cover and are difficult terrain.
There are some trees scatttered about which provide cover, as usual.
The structure on the right-hand side of the map is the old stables. Greyed-out walls are half-high, and provide superior cover.
Contour lines cost an extra square of movement to cross when going uphill (except on the marked trail)
When two contour lines are in the same square, they only cost one extra square of movement.
Two contour lines in the same square also provide cover and concealment on the downhill side from observers more than five feet away from the nearest line.
The tower is two stories high with the flat roof as the third story. It is battlemented about (note the dashed lines).
The lower part of the structure has a steeply gabled roof which is difficult terrain normally, but making a DC 20 acrobatics roll for each move action will reduce it to normal terrain. The edges of the roof come down to just over 5 feet off the ground on the north and south sides. The roof's peak is only five feet below the edge of the tower.[/sblock]

Tenchuu

First Post
"I an I usta tink I's should drag ya in wearing fake shackas, like ya da prisoner ya 'ear, 'ootin an 'ollarin bout da reward," Spider said. "Bu, seein dey towa now, dat buildin next ta da tower: I an I could scale da roof easy, an den up ta do tower roof. I an I takeaway da high ground from dem dirty 'oblins, ya 'ear? Bu I an I need ta git ta da roof. At night time, ya tink? Just before da guards change dere shift?"

bluesfella

Explorer
[sblock=BenBrown]Can Athletics be used for climbing the roof in lieu of Acrobatics? I only ask because my Goliath has the following Racial Benefit: "Powerful Athlete - Roll twice and use either result when making Athletics check to jump or climb"[/sblock]Zardi considers the options carefully and after a moment says "We should watch them for a while - see what they do. And maybe Spider and I can sneak up and climb the roof while someone sets fire to the stables." Out of good ideas, Zardi simply looks around with one eyebrow raised...

VanderLegion

First Post
[sblock=BenBrown]Can Athletics be used for climbing the roof in lieu of Acrobatics? I only ask because my Goliath has the following Racial Benefit: "Powerful Athlete - Roll twice and use either result when making Athletics check to jump or climb"[/sblock]Zardi considers the options carefully and after a moment says "We should watch them for a while - see what they do. And maybe Spider and I can sneak up and climb the roof while someone sets fire to the stables." Out of good ideas, Zardi simply looks around with one eyebrow raised...

Tyris draws flint and steel from beneath his cloak and indicates himself and his dark clothing, volunteering to fire the stables.

Mewness

First Post
"Climbing to the roof seems feasible," says Goldenhorn.

[sblock=ooc]Maybe the bandits can set fire to the stables and run off into the rocks/trees. That can be our distraction. As long as someone sets fire to something I'm happy =)

We also need to allocate the healing potions. Goldenhorn doesn't want one as he's usually holding stuff in both hands.[/sblock]

Remove ads