• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adventure: Get Me to the Church on Time (DM: BenBrown, Judge: Renau1g)

Tenchuu

First Post
"I an I tink a dis ting as well, but I's den tink itta be mos dangerous ta wake da whole cassa up before I an I attack. Ya not know 'ow many a dem chase an 'ow many a dem stay inside. But I an I would know true dat all a dem would be watchin." Spider offered.

"If I an I sneak, though, I an I might catch dem unawares, ya 'ear? Take from dem da 'iya groun dat givin dem da advanatge."

"Maybee de mountain an de spider climb da towa and take out da look out, den ya set da barn a blaze, den we ambush dem coming outta both door, iya an lowa."

BenBrown

First Post
"I'm not so sure about setting fire to the stables," Ismene says. "They might send someone to check it out, but it's not as if they keep anything valuable there. It mostly doesn't even have a roof. As for doing the prisoner trick, I'm not sure if they'd buy it. You don't look much like a hobgoblin. It might bring 'em out to look, though. As long as everyone else was close enough when they did come out."

She scratches her head.

"Now, if we go through the stables to get closer, we could get along the narrow side of the house. It's kind of a stiff climb, but there aren't any windows on that side, and the roof blocks the view from the top of the tower."

[sblock=ooc]bluesfella: athletics would work, as long as you're going straight up towards the ridgeline, and not along the edge.

In addition to the door, the low structure adjoining the tower has windows that look out at K19 and P20.[/sblock]

Tenchuu

First Post
"Dis notta bad idea," Spider said, "But da prisoner can work too, I an I tink. Gold'orn don look 'oblin, true, but he don look exactly friendly ta ya kin, eidda."

"No offense, Gold'orn," he turned to say. "Maybee he play da slava, an take some a ya dat whey, an I an I take some a dem ya way, tchrou da stable, up da house, on da roof."

In the end, he conceded that either plan was acceptable to him, and he deferred to the group's decision.

Mewness

First Post
"I daresay I should not be very convincing," says Goldenhorn, looking a little uncomfortable. "I am unused to deception."

Mewness

First Post
OOC: Goldenhorn's reluctance aside, I should say that as a player I am perfectly willing to have him try impersonating a slaver if only for the comedy value. He has absolutely no semblance of a Bluff skill, so I assume it will all end in tears, but still...

Tenchuu

First Post
OOC: Then, let's just go with Ismene's plan. If we scale the no window wall near the corners, the roof line will still be 5-6' high, and it should be an easy climb.

A night assault, toward the end of shift, if probably best. Or, sunrise, since we are approaching from the east it could blind out approach, and I have to assume Goblins like to sleep in.

Mewness

First Post
"Here is what I would suggest," says Goldenhorn. "Ismene and her bandits mount an attack at the front. It should not be a full-scale assault, but enough to get their attention. Ismene will then retreat, and we prepare the line of retreat in advance--there look to be a few places where we could conceal booby-traps to delay pursuers. Graval, Spider, Zardi, Tyris, and I will climb the roof and enter the tower from the top. If all goes well, the hobgoblins will be split, at least temporarily."

[sblock=ooc]This isn't perfect but I'm trying to come up with something that doesn't require a whole lot of waiting or a fight that will involve absolutely everybody at once.[/sblock]

Tenchuu

First Post
OOC: This sounds logical as well. I still think that strategically, it would make more sense to surprise attack a sleeping force rather than wake up the whole force, and then surprise attack them.

However, I am fine with this plan, as long as all of Ismene's band is in the hit and run party, and all of the players are in the sneak inside party.

Remove ads