Adventure: Into the Wild

What's up with me? What do you mean? Did I miss a round?!

EDIT: I see. Well, sorry about that, can we say Primera is called and follows us into the pool? I'm not sure what mechanic could she offer, but thematically I'll go with neurotic's suggestion if allowed.

Since I don't have anything to offer to Arcana:

"We sense this pool is connected to more places, but it's still part of natural order. We will help Ibram guide us through."

OOC: Aid (Nature) auto-success

Last edited:

modest

First Post
[sblock=OOC] My apologies everyone, between the 4th of July and work kickin' my butt I haven't really had much time to get on here and do my thing. Is arcana still applicable? End of round 5 on to round 6 yeah? I don't think I acted in round 4 but I'm not sure. If this is round 6 we need three successes still correct?[/sblock]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
This is round 5. Mal NPCed you three several posts back. You succeeded Arcana. You can do it twice more if you wait for our aid. In fact you HAVE to succeed or we fail the challenge :)

Of course, if someone is willing to risk Arcana we can afford miss or two, but it lowers overall chance because of less + aids...

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Statistically, I wonder if a few tries by people who have about +2 or +3 modifier in Arcana wouldn't be a good idea. You can afford 3 failures, after all, whilst if everyone aid Ibram, he can't afford to fail one or you will run out of time!

Dilemna...
[/sblock]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
I'll work out the math when I get time, but I don't think anyone but Abigail has anything above +1 so I don't think we should risk it until last round. Then it's all or nothing :)

Rocco supports Ibram while bard and shamanness feel out the pool.
"Hurry up, you two!"

1d20+8:=0 ERROR!?
Athletics as aid another (1d20+8=11)

You see!? I can barely make aid another roll! :) It's second 3 in a row (1% chance)

Last edited:

FourMonos

First Post
Renquist steadies himself at the edge of the pool. With his eyes closed, he concentrates... and prays.

"Guide us now Lord of Death. Surely you didn't bring me back to be run down by goblins. Lead us to the right path."

Surprisingly, Lauto answers his prayer.

[sblock=actions] Religion aid another: 1d20+4 → [19,4] = (23) Roll Lookup . I did mislabel it as round 4 in my hurry, but I did have the endurace check already that round. [/sblock]

Last edited:

modest

First Post
[sblock=OOC] Alright, so I'm going to roll an Arcana check here again for round 5 I suppose. Mal I can't keep track of all these miscellaneous bonuses so if everyone's consent is to give the bonuses to me for this round just tack 'em on to what I roll, thanks. [/sblock]

[sblock=Arcana] 1d20+5 → [2,5] = (7) Roll Lookup sh*t. How many bonuses do I have to this roll? [/sblock]

Ibram senses the arcane energies flowing from the pool but can't determine any kind of origin for the magic, it seems to just be all around freely. Ibram lets out a heavy sigh, "I'm afraid I lack the skill to harness this magic into any kind of discernible path."

There are four of us so max +6 and unless there is something we did that get us lowered DC or extra bonus, we failed. Nat 1 or 2 will do that to you. With only +5 base it was bound to happen...funny thing, if Renquist rolled his arcana, he would pass :)

This is for round 6:
Feeling ever deeper into the natural aspect of the pond, Nementah communes with spirits of the water and grasps connection between this world and the world on the other end of the portal.

Arcana with Speak with Spirits (1d20+14=30) - this was supposed to be +1+4 not +14 so roll is 21 (base 16)

We got it! Come Ibram, guide us through, We'll follow your lead, but we can see." the voice of tree maiden is full of awe at yet another aspect of nature spirits showed her. No longer is magic something foreign, but part of the world's natural flow and order.

OOC: Somebody had to take a plunge :) - we need 1 more. Aid Ibram

Last edited:

FourMonos

First Post
[sblock=ooc] Nice roll Meta! so Dante needs to roll his assist for round 5 then that round is complete? Then Rocco, Dante and myself assist rolls prior to Ibram's? [/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases