[Adventure] Leader of the Pack ( DM: Velmont, Judge: ??? )

[sblock=Various Answers and Rule Oppinion]
OOC: What is FS on the map?

I believe it's F(lame) S(phere) from Deimos.
[MENTION=13739]Velmont[/MENTION], if it's free action with on hit trigger he could trigger it on hit, but before the effect is resolved (as if it was interrupt) - I'm going on monk Flurry of Blows logic which is Free Action and describes as it normally occurs after the attack effect unless that attack would invalidate the flurry (such as pushing the enemy away) in which case it occurs before the effect

EDIT: Even next post contains the wording "if it must interrupt to work, it will" - so it can work as reaction if possible, interrupt if it would be prevented by the effect.

I did damage to F2 as it's the only one I could see. You applied damage to F1.
Also, F2 takes 4 damage from White Lotus Riposte on attacking Bellegon

[MENTION=78756]Son of Meepo[/MENTION], Bellegon is coming behind Ghourra, you have anything you want me do?
[MENTION=69684]WEContact[/MENTION], we may need help inside fairly soon. Especially if Deimos gets turned again...
[/sblock]

Bellegon looks at the beast-man.
"Don't you people ever learn? I killed two of you already. You really think you can stand against nightmare for Khyber?"

The shadows flow over his dagger and he plunges it into muscle under the shoulder of the werewolf. Shadows fling it away and Bellegon retreats into the house.

He looks incredulously at two peasants.
"What in Khyber are you doing here? Taking window seat to the show!? Run for your lives! Go upstairs now!"
snarls the warlock, shadows around him flickering and reflecting points of light from his black eyes.

[sblock=Actions]
Standard: Eldritch strike vs AC (F2); damage; curse (1d20+12=26, 1d4+6=9, 1d6=4) - F2 is slid to B10, if it attacks Bellegon it takes 4 damage

Move: D8-E8-F9-G10-H9 (counting the window as difficult terrain, gain shadowwalk concealment)

Minor: intimidate the peasants if they don't obey, curse one (preferably L2) if they change to weres
[/sblock]

[sblock=Bellegon Stats]
Bellegon Darksun
CURSED: F2
AURA: 0

Initiative +5; Senses Passive Insight 12, Passive Perception 12, Darkvision
HP 52/55 Bloodied 27, Surge Value 13, Surges 3/7
AC 20; Fortitude 15, Reflex 18, Will 19
+2 all defenses vs cursed enemies

1/1 AP
Saving Throws:
Speed 6

Eldritch Strike
Spiteful Glamor
Fast Hands: once per round stash or retrieve item as free action

Cloud of Darkness
Second Wind
Cursebite
Shadow Step
Shared Agony
Life Siphon
Confounding Laugther

Your Glorious Sacrifice
Twilight of the Soul

Talon amulet - Daily: Minor: melee attacker suffers 1d6 damage 'till the end of the encounter
Knifethrower gloves: Daily : Free Action. When Bellegon hits with a thrown weapon attack he can add +5 power bonus to damage roll

Grand master training (gloves of eldritch admixture): 3/5 charges
Armor of Dark Majesty: daily minor: curse one enemy you can see
Acrobat boots: at-will: stand up as minor

[/sblock]

Post in couple of hours

Last edited:

Son of Meepo

First Post
[sblock=Rules]"If an effect has a trigger but is neither an immediate action nor an opportunity action, assume that it behaves like an immediate reaction, waiting for its trigger to completely resolve. However, ignore this guideline when the effect has to interrupt its trigger to function. For instance, if a triggered power allows an adventurer to use a free action to reroll an attack roll, with the hope of turning a miss into a hit, the power must interrupt the trigger (“You miss with an attack”) to function; otherwise the attack would be resolved as a miss."

Since Infernal Wrath can work as a reaction, it is my opinion that it does and Velmont has it right.[/sblock]

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
GM: @Walking Dad: I will rule that you can't use Infernal Wrath on Seledor. A free action is, at my opinion, not an interrupt action or no action. As you trigger is you need to get hit, once hit, you were dominated and you had no more free will to trigger your power.

[MENTION=36973]stonegod[/MENTION], what do you think of that?
OOC: The trigger is being hit, and after being hit, Deimos is dominated and has no free actions. No Infernal Wrath.

Luinnar

First Post
Mythra summons up the owlbear on the ground floor and an iron protector next to him. Next he summons a cloud of cold near the enemies below, freezing Seledor to the bone.

[sblock=actions]
Minor: Summon Owlbear N25 with 13 Hp, Mythra loses 1 surge.

Move:Owlbear M12

Standard:Chilling Cloud burst 1 L14.
rolls
17 vs fort P1 miss
16 vs fort S hits for 5 cold damage and he gets -2 to hit EONT.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Mythra]
Mythra Stelwart
Male Eladrin Wizard 6

Medium natural humanoid (Fey)
Initiative +8; Senses Passive Insight 20, Passive Perception 20
HP 46/46hp, Bloodied 23, Surge Value 11, Surges 3/9
AC 20; Fortitude 18, Reflex 19, Will 20
Saving Throws +5 vs Charm Effects
Speed 6
Action Points:1

Powers:
At will:
Chilling Cloud
Beguiling Strands

Ghost Sound
Light
Mage Hand
Prestidigitation

Encounter:
Fey Step
Illusory Obstacles
Hypnotic Pattern

Shield
Tome of Binding
Second Wind

Daily:
Summon Dretch
Summon Magma Beast
Summon Iron Cohort

Summoning Tome
Cloak of Translocation

Conditions:Slowed EONT
[/sblock]
[sblock=Shield Immediate Interrupt]
Shield (Immediate Interrupt; encounter) ✦ Arcane, Force

Trigger: You are hit by an attack Effect: You gain a +4 power bonus to AC and Reflex defense until the end of your next turn.

[/sblock]
[sblock=Young Owl Bear]
Hp: 11/23 AC:19 Fort21: Ref:17 Will:21 Medium Fey Beast
Init=Mythra
Perception=+12 Dark Vision
Speed 6

Aura 1:Allies gain a +2 power bonus to damage rolls against enemies in Aura. Mythra gains CA against any enemy in aura.

MBA Claw:
+11 vs AC, 1d12+3.

Str:20 Dex:12 Wis:14 Con:17 Int:2 Cha:6
[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
GM: I have decided to put a stop to all my DMing.

Real life is getting very time consumming. I am about to start at a new job, which is pretty good, and I also have other vent which are less pleasant to live. With all that, DMing have become more a burden than a pleasant hobby and I also consider my post rate too slow at my taste.

So, I will make a major post to wrap up all the story, and s econd for all XP and Treasure award.

I was a pleasure to DM you and sorry for this abrupt end.

WEContact

First Post
OOC: I'm glad things are going well for you, and I really enjoyed the adventure you ran for us. Thanks again, and an extra thank you for wrapping things up instead of just leaving a loose end. :)

Remove ads