[Adventure] Leader of the Pack ( DM: Velmont, Judge: ??? )

Velmont

First Post
The dust starts to settle in the farm house. Ulmar, in his hybrid form, is laying unconscious as Mythras and Deimos are preparing the ritual as Zelgar have dictated.

During that time, Zelgar is taking care of Ghourra and Bellegon. Ghourra had fallen under the attack of Ulmar and the Worg as he was holding the doorway. And Bellegon had been stabbed by Vander, who had been mind-controle by Seledor, a telepath that was member of Ulmar's group. It is Khazin arrival that have tipped the battle and allowed them to succesfully capture Ulmar.

"The ritual is ready." tells Deimos to Zelgar.

"Fine, your friends will recover. They just need to rest." answers Zelgar.

Zelgar, Mythra and Deimos sits around the circle where lay Ulmar and starts to do the incantation. After a few minutes, the body of Ulmar starts to change shape, recovering his human shape. It takes ten minutes before Zelgar stop to chant. Ulmar body have taken his human form. Zelgar stands up and kneels next to his brother and touch his chest. He wait a moment that grow longuer, and as time pass, his eyes starts to become red and tears roll on his cheek...

-=-=-=-=-=-=-

In Greenblade, the group is standing around in the church. The ceremony of Ulmar burial is finished. "I'll be ready to go back tomorrow with you to Sharn." tells Zelgar to the group. "I have nothing that keep me here now. Thank you for your help. You did the best you could and there was no way to save Ulmar. He was too strong and the curse too deep attached to his soul. His death couldn't be avoid." Zelgar present a few items to the group. "Those items was Seledor's one. He has no family to inherit the items, so I thought it right to give it to you as a reward for your efforts." He hands out some bracers to Bellegon, a pair of boots for Deimos and a veil for Mythra.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-

The group returns to Sharn where they are given the three thousands.

GM:
XP Award:
Encounter 1:
Werewolf: 250 x 2 x 2 = 1000
Dire Wolf: 200 x 2 x 2 = 800
Peasant: 50 x 13 x 2 = 1300
Total: 3100
Total per PC: 517

Encounter 2:
Werewolf: 300 x 1 x 2 = 600
Dire Wolf: 250 x 3 x 2 = 1500
Peasant: 250 x 2 x 2 = 1000
Total: 3100
Total per PC: 517

Encounter 3:
Fang: 300 x 1 x 2 = 600
Deathpledged: 200 x 3 x 2 = 1000
Gorgers: 300 x 2 x 2 = 1200
Werewolf: 250 x 1 x 2 = 1000
Total: 3800
Total per PC: 760 (except Khazim)

Roleplay and Startegy: 1800 XP
Total per PC: 300

Total evryone by Khazim: 2094 XP
Khazim: 1334 XP

Time reward:
Decembre 19th to August 1st: 8 RP

Treasure Award:
Gold: 500 gp each

Bellegon: Barcers of Mental Might (lvl 6 Arms). This is his level 6 slot (item n+0).
Deimos: Surfsurge Shoes (lvl 8 Feet). This is his level 7 slot (item n+1).
Mythra: Alluring Veil (lvl 7 Head). This is his level 6 slot (item n+1)

Already given earlier during this adventure:
Ghourra: A pair of Caustic Gauntlet from the peasant. This is your lvl n item.
Khazin: Gauntlet of Blood (Hands lvl 4). This is his level 4 slot (item n+0).
Vander: A charm that act like a mercurial mind (Alternate Award lvl 3) and also act as a Coin of Good Luck (Consumable of lvl 5) for up to three time. This is his lvl 4 slot (item n+0).

DM Reward:
For DMing this adventure during 8 month, that should give me 16 RP

[MENTION=36973]stonegod[/MENTION]: can you approve that award.

@Velmont, thanks for the game, just one minor question (I don't mind the bracers, just asking)...
[MENTION=36973]stonegod[/MENTION], isn't level n parcel always gold? I mean, now someone will have to give n+ level gold - since you can buy whatever you want, it's not really important, just how I read the rules...

Velmont

First Post
GM: If the judge rule it must be gold, anyone with parcel lvl+0 can exchangeit for gold (that mean [MENTION=87106]MetaVoid[/MENTION] and [MENTION=6676620]VanderLegion[/MENTION])

Son of Meepo

First Post
OOC: No offense, but I think I will trade the item for gold. The Caustic Gauntlets would be more worth it for me if the milestone ability worked on more than just acid attacks of which Ghourra has none. But splash damage for one attack and then +1 damage for an encounter once per day for an attack type she only uses maybe twice an encounter is just not worth it.

Velmont

First Post
OOC: No offense, but I think I will trade the item for gold. The Caustic Gauntlets would be more worth it for me if the milestone ability worked on more than just acid attacks of which Ghourra has none. But splash damage for one attack and then +1 damage for an encounter once per day for an attack type she only uses maybe twice an encounter is just not worth it.

GM: The gauntlet works on any ranged attack (RBA, Martial Dooom, Paint the Bull's Eye and Inspiring Shot). It transform the damage dealt to acid and then give you a +1/+2 acid bonus to your ranged attack.

It work on only ranged attack, but considreing you have half your power as ranged attack, it could be useful if you decide to spend a combat on the backline.

And I take no offence.

Son of Meepo

First Post
It's one of those poorly worded powers.

"Also, you deal an extra 1 acid damage on successful ranged attacks until the end of the encounter."

Works on any ranged attack...

"If you've reached at least one milestone today, instead deal an extra 2 acid damage on successful ranged attacks with the acid keyword until the end of the encounter."

So if you've hit a milestone instead of getting the +1 acid damage with all ranged attacks you get a +2 but only to ranged attack with the acid keyword.

So it's actually worse than I first thought because after reaching a milestone the secondary ability is useless to me as I have no acid attacks.

Remove ads