[Adventure] Lost Love (DM: Velmont - Judge: Renau1g)

Antithetist

First Post
Jarren only smiles at the mention of 'superstition' with regard to the girl's spirit.

He feels no particular desire to stop for food, but his sharp ears don't miss anything - and apparently certain of his companions are feeling peckish, so he falls in with the idea of a break for sustenance. There seems to be little hurry; if the murderer's ghost has waited six months or more already, it can surely wait another few minutes while they eat.

[sblock=OOC]Knock ritual sounds good, that's an approved use of party cash as far as I'm concerned.[/sblock]

twilsemail

First Post
“I am famished, and it looks like we will be stopping. This is good.” Pis smiles at his companions, but when he notices Ryda’s apparent sour mood he frowns. “Come. Eat. Everything will be fine.”

“Jasper, are there any other local legends we should be aware of? Perhaps something might let us know what to expect after we open this door.”

[sblock=shopping]I give Knock a green light.[/sblock]

Mezegis

First Post
Ryda continues to abstain from food or drink she did not bring herself, even after the invitation from Pis, “No thank you, I need to maintain my girlish figure.” Yes, gorge yourself on the drugged food, and when the time comes, we’ll see who’s better at felling their foes.she thinks smugly as the feathered man eats.

[sblock=OOC]Yes, she’s deluded. I’m ready to move on whenever, since she’s convinced he’s just out to hunt them. She’d be fine with spending the blood money advancement on rituals, so spend away.[/sblock]

Last edited:

evilbob

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]So we'll just purchase the two rituals and spend the rest on reagents, then. Great!

As a side question, are we going into the manor to eat, or did servants bring food out here? Either way, this guy seems really loaded...[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
"Local legend? None I am aware of." replies Jasper. "Let's head inside."

Jasper leads the group inside The hall is vast, but pretty empty of decoration as one would expect it from such mansion. A large stair lead to the second floor. The wood work of the stairs and on the walls is of fine quality, but there is a contrast between the fresh new look of the stairs and the deteriorated moulding on the wall.

He leads the group to the eastern wing. Adjacent to the hall is a large room with a large table in the center, already set for a group to eat. "Please, take place." Two valets are waiting next to the doorway where the group enter, one on each side. "I'll be back in a minute, I'll go change clothing as I have time. Start to eat as soon as the food arrive, I shouldn't be long."

He leaves the group and climb the stairs in the hall, heading probably for his chamber. A moment later, two servants enter the room and start to put on the table fresh fruits, salads and a roasted boar.

evilbob

Explorer
“No thank you, I need to maintain my girlish figure.”
"Indeed, she is not as sickly as she appears," Unit 16 offers helpfully.

Once inside the house Unit 16 is clearly impressed; even the older parts of the manor are representative of a level of wealth to which he is unaccustomed.

When the food arrives he is appreciative of the spread but does not partake, leaving it to his companions to enjoy.

twilsemail

First Post
“I don’t think your figure needs any maintenance at all…” His tone is playful, not intentionally or obviously flirty. She can take that however she wishes. Pis shrugs and follows Jasper into the house and thereafter into the dining hall. As they walk he examines the house and its contents. He doesn’t seem surprised at all that the house is lacking decoration. Wh en they are bade to sit, he is facing as many doors as possible. He subtly loosens his blades in their sheaths. I think Ryda’s nerves are getting to me… this is probably not a bad thing.

He looks around at the party and tries to read their demeanors.

evilbob

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]
Bad evilbob, no thoughts of killing the employer until AFTER he turns on us...
Hmm, telegraph your intentions much? ;)[/sblock]
[sblock=ooc]Btw 16 is leaving the food for others because he knows they'll enjoy it more than he will - NOT because he crazily believes it's drugged! :)[/sblock]

Mezegis

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Oh, I’m sure the food is fine and she’s just being paranoid, but after the owlbear being bait for a trap and the dwarf being bait in a trap, she’s of the mindset that this locked door/spirit story is… bait in a trap. This was further “reinforced” by Vel missing her question about what he hunts, so now she’s sure he’s hiding something. Either way, it makes for interesting RP[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads