• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure] Lost Love (DM: Velmont - Judge: Renau1g)

evilbob

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]Eh, I wouldn't think of it as "rogues aren't good at finding traps," but rather "everyone else is now also potentially good at it." Considering that perception is probably the far and away most used skill (considering that most folks forget to make monster knowledge checks), it does make sense that many characters boost that stat. I know I always train perception when I can. It's not always possible, though - my other characters have horrid perception.

Also, I'm about 200g away from having a permanent light source out to 20 squares for all of time! :) Maybe I should have thought ahead and grabbed that one up... Ah well... :)[/sblock]
Unit 16 also readies his weapon and stands near the pit leading to the door - careful not to block Ryda's line of sight - and prepares for whatever may come of the invoker's spell.

twilsemail

First Post
Pis looks at the others preparing for the door to spring open. “I could be wrong, but I do not think that the reading will open the door. That would be a faulty lock, neh?” That said he takes a few steps back and draws his blades. Then again…

LadyLaw

First Post
Talkrai looks about curiously at everyone readying weapons. She nods at Pis's comment that reading the door is unlikely to open it, but notes that he draws a weapon anyway. She shrugs and pulls out her greatsword, holding it at the ready and thinking, When in Sharn...

She gives Priam an encourging nod and continues to watch the door with interest, waiting for the ritual to begin.

Antithetist

First Post
Jarren stands watchful at the top of the hole with others, getting a feel for the place and its atmosphere as the group waits for the results of the initial examination of the door and Priam's rituals. Noticing that there seems to be a problem with lighting down below he takes a sunrod from his pack, lights it with a tap and drops it down the hole.

Velmont

First Post
As Pis is walking back from the door, Jarren light up his sunrod and throw it near the door. Now it is clear. The scriptures cover the door. The alphabet is not familiar to anyone, but the text seems old. Pis can see that the small protuberance was a small piece of glass. It looks like a lens.

evilbob

Explorer
Seeing Talkrai's reactions to everyone gearing up for battle, even when one seems so unlikely, Unit 16 smiles at her kindly and says, "'Luck favors the prepared.' I heard a human say that once; it is a fine summary of a large portion of my training protocol."

twilsemail

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Has anyone poked Meepo in the ribs yet? I'd rather not pester him if others have, but we're mostly waiting on him.[/sblock]

LadyLaw

First Post
[sblock=ooc]He did say on the 4th that he'd be away for a couple of days. He may just not have had a chance to look in yet.[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]I'll assum he will do the Comprehend Language Ritual if he hasn't manifest when I'll have time to make a full update later today.[/SBLOCK]

twilsemail

First Post
[sblock=OOC]I'm going to ask this as a general noob at pbp 4e. Is there a key to the mapping I'm seeing in other threads? I'm often lost when it comes to deciphering what's going on without reading through a post a time or two. Some of it is intuitive, some of it isn't. If there's not a general key/guide, can we get one when the first map goes up?

I hope this isn't too much of a pain.[/sblock]

Remove ads