[Adventure] New Cyre Borderlands (Judge: )

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarinsDad

Visitor
Grys relays Keke's information to the group. Grys continues to keep Keke "active" and invisible.

"Here's my suggestion. Ryda and I sneak up close to the eastern tent, but not yet in visual range of the Hobgoblins. After a few seconds, the rest of the team should sneak in slowly the best you can straight for the fire pit, but not too close. The rain should help with that. Then, Jarren's spirit friend moves straight in to distract the Hobgoblins. That should get them all bunched up so that Mythra and I can Fireball them. When we hear the noise of them noticing the spirit, we give them a few seconds and then we attack. Mythra and I move up to blast them. Susan and everyone else jump in while Ryda moves over to protect the Dwarf and set up a cross fire. I will then go over to give cover to Ryda. Jarren and Mythra should stay back far enough so that only a few Hobgoblins can see them and vice versa. There appears to be a few bushes here for cover. If they get in trouble, Jarren pulls his spirit friend back to help. If we can get several of the Hobgoblins blasted together and Ryda nails the heavily wounded ones, that should help end this quickly. Course, we don't know what might come out of the tower when it hears the fight. So we have to be ready for that. And we have to be careful that there isn't anything else in the tents out of the rain that Keke didn't see. Any other thoughts?" Grys whispers.
 

evilbob

Visitor
"Cover the rear units and attack after the opening blast. Ready."

[sblock=ooc]Just so I understand what was said, there are 4 hobbies that have been seen milling about - not necessarily IN a tent, but around, yes? Also the eastern tent - which I'm guessing means the one at the top, center of the map - has a tied up dwarf, right?[/sblock]



Jarren nods that he will wait until Ryda and Gyrs head out, and then move up and use the spirit to attract the hobgoblins' attention once he can see them.
 

Mezegis

Visitor
Ryda nods as the plan is discussed, “What weapons are they using? An Archer won’t necessarily bunch up with the melee fighters, and a spellcaster should be a high priority target as well, since their spells will bypass Susan’s tough shell. Other than that, sounds like a good opening barrage. Which side do you want me on, North or West flank? She asks, motioning with the tip of her bow as she asks.
 

Luinnar

Visitor
Why worry about a dwarf? I say we leave him until the combat is over and focus on out own survival. It is only logical that we put ourselves first. says Mythra.
 

KarinsDad

Visitor
"Hmmm. I never thought about that Susan. I was merely thinking that Dwarf tasted better than Hobgoblin and that I like my Dwarf fresh." Grys whispers with a wry chuckle.
 

evilbob

Visitor
[sblock=ooc]
Which side do you want me on, North or West flank?
Assuming "east tent" also means "north tent" I think the answer is north.

At this point everyone's checked in; we're just waiting on a report of what weapons they are using before we move, right? I'm assuming Ryda and Grys will act first, so I will wait for you guys.[/sblock]
 

RickRoll

Visitor
[sblock=OOC]
Weapons are as follows:
2 x hobgoblins with a scimitar
2 x hobgoblins with spiked chains

They all have crossbows also

Also, east tent is the one on the left side...sorry, the map compass was missing from this screenshot.

The dwarf is there, there is a chain-fighter outside there, a scimitar sitting by the fire outside the other tent entrance, chain #2 is around the ruined entrance, scimitar #2 is patrolling
[/sblock]
 

Mezegis

Visitor
Ryda looks to Grys, and offers a slight nod. Shall we get into position then?

She waits until Grys is ready, and then slowly creaps up to her designated position, and having learned from her earlier mishap, vanishes quickly into the mists, awaiting the spirit distraction, and arcane alpha strike.

[sblock=Mechanics]Stealth: 1d20+11=27[/sblock]
 

evilbob

Visitor
Unit 16 moves up slightly to be in front of the others.
[sblock=ooc]Not sure if we need to redraw the map to have coordinates or not, but basically 16 will move to the corner of the "PCs start here" area and get his hammer ready. His cue to act will be after the eladrin attack after Jarren's spirit animal goes in.

I'm guessing the stealthy types are headed toward the east/west tent, right?[/sblock]
 

Luinnar

Visitor
Mythra moves slowly but clumsily after the others have left; until he is just within visual range of the fire pit.

[sblock=stealth 7]Link I did not add any modifiers for the fog.

Or are they rest of us suppose to wait? :-S
[/sblock]
 

Antithetist

Visitor
Jarren closes in until he can see the target tent and then waits, watching, poised and ready to call his spirit companion into action once Grys and Ryda give him the sign that they are in position.


[sblock=OOC]I'm back!

Thanks a bunch for running Jarren, Bob. Happily it seems like my absence wasn't a big pain since I got back in time for combat. :)[/sblock]
 

RickRoll

Visitor
New Map now with coordinates

[sblock=ooc]
Ok, here's the map. Please let me know where you're going, when, etc. We'll use combat rounds for now, so make sure your actions are posted accordingly. Those waiting behind please let me know how many rounds or what other trigger you're using for knowing when to move up.

Reason I haven't put any tokens for enemies on the map is that beyond 5 squares is heavily obscured and they have total cover (or is it concealment). Anything within 5 has concealment so be sure to take that into consideration and you can only see 5 in front of you. Also, can you please post an initiative roll with your actions so we get that taken care of.

Welcome back Antithetist. P.S. I hope you all enjoy my magnificent Paint skills ;)
[/sblock]
 

Attachments

Mezegis

Visitor
[sblock=Loc/Init]Ryda will sneak to P24 (That's the tent with the dwarf in it right? I got confused with the east/west/left thing.
Here Initiative is: 1d20+7=25
She will be waiting for a fireball type effect to hit the hobgoblins.

As an aside, what type of cloth is the tent made out of? How noisy would it be to try and slice through?[/sblock]
 

evilbob

Visitor
[sblock=ooc]Unit 16 should be around S...33? I think it's S33. He'll go to just past the tip of the starting area; he can't really see the camp or anything but he sees lots of trees/bushes at that point. He wants to get close enough to get in there when needed but he doesn't want to get close enough to need to be stealthy, cause he ain't so good at that.

He will be waiting for a fireball or other AoE as well. If he can't see it, he is counting on either seeing his companions fire it or hearing it.

Initiative: a massive 9[/sblock]
[sblock=Unit 16]
Unit 16 Warforged Warden 4
Initiative: +3, Passive Perception: 17, Passive Insight: 12, Senses: Normal
AC:22, Fort:18, Reflex:14, Will:14
HP:57/57, Bloodied:28, Surge Value:14, Surges left:13/13
Action Points/Daily Item Uses/Milestones: 1/0/0
Powers:
Font of Life
Nature's Wrath
Warden's Fury / Warden's Grasp
Weight of Earth
Earth Shield Strike

Warforged Resolve
Roots of Stone
Earthgrasp Strike
Warden's Tempest
Second Wind

Form of Winter's Herald - Form of Winter's Herald Attack
Potion of Clarity

Important Stuff:
- makes lots of immediate interrupts/reactions/OAs

Conditions:

Full sheet: Unit 16[/sblock]
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Advertisement

Top