[Adventure] New Cyre Borderlands (Judge: )

Status
Not open for further replies.

RickRoll

First Post
As the hours and miles fly by on the train, the group discusses their strengths and weakness, battle tactics and other topics while you move ever closer to New Cyre. As you get off the train you are subjected to the constant rains that have manifested once you were about an hour away from the city. Fog has reduced visibility greatly. You take the note to the quartermaster and are afforded the supplies you request for the journey and follow the map that you were given by Sorik. The trip is easy at first, the Seawall Mountains are not far from the city and the path that has been roughly created to your target is pretty clear. As you continue your ascent the terrain becomes more treacherous around you, the mountain steeper and the rocks, less sturdy. Up 100 feet or so, a rockslide has blocked your path and prevents you from continuing this way. You'll need to find a way around.

[sblock=ooc]
We'll run this as a skill challenge using the Stalker0 rules:

http://www.enworld.org/forum/4e-fan...ill-challenge-system-final-version-1-8-a.html

So the DC's will be 20, 7 successes before 5 failures (Level 4, normal DC, complexity 3). There are a lot of things that you can do so please read the rules before posting.

Skills: Any, as long as you can come up with a valid reason for it.

Skill Tags:
Helpful: Perception
Bold: Athletics
[/sblock]

Mezegis

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Wow, that new skill challenge variant is a bit complex for me, I think I'll let others go first while I try and wrap my head around it.[/sblock]

evilbob

Explorer
[sblock=skill challenge]Ok, so I'm not quite sure I follow all of Stalker0's rules of skill challenges, but I'll give it a whirl. I'll start by doing an Athletics check, which I think means I get an extra bonus for spending a healing surge when I do it, and since I have a million healing surges I will certainly spend one. So I think this means I add a +3 to my check, giving me a +14. I envision 16 climbing up the rockslide to get a better vantage point, so I'm not sure if throwing a +2 for having a climbing kit in there is appropriate or not. I'll let RickRoll make the call on that one (or it might be a moot point).

Ok, I got a 19, so uh, that climber's kit thing will definitely either make or break it. Have I mentioned that 16 tends to roll under 6 a lot? :)

I'll wait to RP the result until RickRoll makes a call on the climber's kit. It's totally cool either way.

Update: a pass![/sblock]

Unit 16 uses his climbing kit to scale the rockslide, barely making it up the loose rock. He expends a great deal of effort but does manage to make it to a better vantage point.

Last edited:

Antithetist

First Post
Jarren's keen eyes pick out the obstacle early, and quickly begin scanning the landscape for alternative routes.

"Seems the path is blocked ahead, but I may see a way around. Up the scree, there - see where that sugarbush is growing? Looks like there's a rough trail, probably used by goats and the like. It seems to head in the right direction - we should be able to rejoin the path eventually."

[sblock=OOC]Perception 1d20+14=30

I'm off to Bulgaria tomorrow! There's a decent chance that I'll be able to post from there, but if I can't get online then I nominate evilbob to roll and post for Jarren where necessary (we discussed it via PM). In any event, I'll be back on the 2nd of May.[/sblock]

evilbob

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]Have a great trip! I'll try not to roll like I do for 16! :)

If you get access just let us know; otherwise if we don't hear from ya in 48 hrs I'll assume you're ok for us to push ahead.[/sblock]

Luinnar

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
We'll run this as a skill challenge using the Stalker0 rules:

http://www.enworld.org/forum/4e-fan...ill-challenge-system-final-version-1-8-a.html

So the DC's will be 20, 7 successes before 5 failures (Level 4, normal DC, complexity 3). There are a lot of things that you can do so please read the rules before posting.

Skills: Any, as long as you can come up with a valid reason for it.

Skill Tags:
Helpful: Perception
Bold: Athletics
[/sblock]
[sblock= familiars?]
Have not had the chance to read the rules yet, but I search and could not find anything. Can familiars be used in the skill challenge, like could my cat scout ahead?[/sblock]

KarinsDad

Adventurer
[sblock= familiars?]
Have not had the chance to read the rules yet, but I search and could not find anything. Can familiars be used in the skill challenge, like could my cat scout ahead?[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]
In the normal skill challenge rules, yes. Familiars can use the skills of their masters and might even get bonuses. The master uses the action, the familiar uses the skill. For example, KeKe can fly, so KeKe might get bonuses from RR to spot an alternative route from the air. This might make the skill challenge easier, but then again, you and I did take the feat, so we should get the benefit from doing so.
[/sblock]

KarinsDad

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC]Wow, that new skill challenge variant is a bit complex for me, I think I'll let others go first while I try and wrap my head around it.[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]
No kidding.

If it's poker night, you get a bonus of +1. Full moon? +2 unless it's a Tuesday in which case it's +3, or unless it is in China in which case it's +1 again.

The first post is 6 pages and the second post is 7 pages. And I thought I was verbose.

Holy crap! :hmm: :rant: ;)

I think I'll send KeKe up invisible, roll a Perception and let RR handle it. :lol:
[/sblock]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads