[Adventure] New Cyre Borderlands (Judge: )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luinnar

First Post
150 gold is hardly a lot for a Eldrin of my ability; but I suppose it will have to do. Mythra says with an air of arrogance.

Luinnar

First Post
[sblock=Memorized] Just in case we do battle soon; Mythra has Flaming Sphere and Shield memorized. :) [/sblock]

RickRoll

First Post
Again, looking at the Captain.

"So will Lightning Rail transportation be supplied back to Sharn from New Cyre after the contract is completed? And will you be supplying horses to go from New Cyre to the tower, or will we be walking? Either way, how far is it from New Cyre to the tower? Will food and other supplies for the mission be made available once we get to New Cyre? Finally, will either or both of you gentlemen be returning to New Cyre with us on the Lightning Rail?

I, for one, am eager to get back out into the field. This sounds like a reasonable assignment to me. Sixteen or so foes when we arrive, possibly a few dozen more as the week wears on. We'll just need a rough map of the interior and exterior of the tower from Sorik here before we leave. In fact, the tower might even be deserted when we arrive.

And like always, we'll need the contract written out with details on the mission, along with method and time of payment. I assume you have the papers already prepared."

Sorik will produce a paper and begin sketching a rough outline of the area (see attached). He explains "The tower wasn't done yet, in fact, we ran into some supply issues getting the stones up there so we haven't even got to the second floor repair works yet, just began laying the stairway leading up and getting the supports in the ceiling. " the man says.

"We will attend to some other matters here in Sharn, I know I personally will be having a discussion with House Deneith over some internal matters..." Faringray says, staring daggers at Sorik "Transportation will be provided each way, I will arrange the trip and pay for your ticket to New Cyre. Once completed we will arrange for your return trip. We have the House Sivis notarized documents here containing the important information about the work. Travel rations and basic supplies can be provided as necessary, I will write you a personal note to bring to the quartermaster for this. We cannot spare any horses right now, but the trip is only about 30 miles, so no more than a day and a half on foot. I will have returned to New Cyre by the time you complete this task so I will leave word for you at the main government building. Seek me out there. I trust these terms are satisfactory?" he continues, producing six copies of the same document, one signature from himself, with House Sivis' symbol notarizing it. He asks you to sign his copy.

[sblock=ooc]
So in game terms you can have a reasonable amount of rations (enough for a tenday or so) as well as torches, rope, etc. We'll glaze over this portion as it's mundane. Please let me know once you've got anything from the stores and RP the entrance to the Lightning Rail. Next post will be with you exiting New Cyre, unless there's something specific you need there [/sblock]

Attachments

• Visio-Drawing1.pdf
    20.2 KB · Views: 137

KarinsDad

Adventurer
"This all seems proper." Grys says shaking the Captain's hand and ensuring that everyone signs the various copies.

"If Sorik would be so kind as to mark North on the map, I think we'll have all we need."

"Susan, would you carry the map and the note for the quartermaster? Not only would someone trying to steal them think twice before making an attempt against you, but I've heard that Warforged do not sleep. Keep them safe as we will have need of them."

Once all of the arrangements are made, Grys will head into the Lightning Rail station.

evilbob

Explorer
"Certainly. No, I do not sleep. Nor do I eat, so I will not need rations." Unit 16 gathers supplies as necessary for the group and then heads with the others to the lightning rail.

[sblock=ooc]Unit 16 can frankly carry any and everything you need carried... He still has about 100 lbs left to go on his normal load.

He already has a rope and such and his shield arm can't carry a torch, so I don't think he needs anything for himself.[/sblock]
On the way to the transport, Unit 16 asks generally about the fighting tactics of the eladrin members of the group.

[sblock=ooc]I know how wizards work pretty well (is Mythra a staff wizard or something else?), but mostly I was wondering how Grys works. Do you wade into melee or blast from afar? 16 gets bonuses to hit for just having an ally next to a creature (Warforged Tactics), so I wondered if Grys was another front-liner or if this was a party of four ranged guys and me. :) Also, is this too much OOC tactics stuff or is this ok, RickRoll?[/sblock]

Luinnar

First Post
[sblock=ooc]I know how wizards work pretty well (is Mythra a staff wizard or something else?), but mostly I was wondering how Grys works. Do you wade into melee or blast from afar? 16 gets bonuses to hit for just having an ally next to a creature (Warforged Tactics), so I wondered if Grys was another front-liner or if this was a party of four ranged guys and me. :) Also, is this too much OOC tactics stuff or is this ok, RickRoll?[/sblock]
[sblock=ooc]Mythra is a tome wizard (from Arcane Power). Once per day he can add extra damage to a summoned creature's attacks. He can also swap out his daily power for a summon power with his Tome equipment ability.

The fire warrior summon is OK, he is basically a fighter but he can fly. Burning Sphere is better, but has less maneuverability and does not get Attacks of Opportunity or the bonus from the tome ability (it is conjuration). If I summon it you could be next to it for your bonus (I suppose it counts); Jarren's spirit companion might be a candidate too.

My encounter power is pretty good CC, Storm Pillar is fairly good trap like ability (I think it takes up a space too) and the other encounter is trap like a well.

Once we get in the tower he will be good at setting up a defensive positions. The summon last until the end of the encounter. If it dies though he take a lot of damage, and he only has half his HP.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Mezegis

First Post
Ryda follows the group to the lightning rail, listening to the discussion of tactics. She smiles slightly, knowing that the skills of the two newcomers could only increase the teams potency.

Too bad neither of you can heal, Susan likes to get beat up something fierce. Jarren was nearly overworked keep her fighting last time. laughs the half-orc, playfully rapping on Unit 16's shield with a knuckle.

Luinnar

First Post
Ryda follows the group to the lightning rail, listening to the discussion of tactics. She smiles slightly, knowing that the skills of the two newcomers could only increase the teams potency.

Too bad neither of you can heal, Susan likes to get beat up something fierce. Jarren was nearly overworked keep her fighting last time. laughs the half-orc, playfully rapping on Unit 16's shield with a knuckle.
I have mastered the art of using my innate Eldrin powers to get you out of harm's way of my spells; but all my other abilities are more...dangerous. says Mythra with a smirk.

[sblock=ooc]I have a feat that once per encounter I can burn an Fey Step use to get you away from an AOE of my spells. If I don't teleport you where you want to go please tell me where to teleport you :) [/sblock]

KarinsDad

Adventurer
"Well, I cannot heal. But, I throw minor force discs out during combat to protect one ally a little and I can also distract my enemies somewhat. I should be able to use the discs to protect Susan on occassion so that Jarren does not need to heal her quite as often. My perspective, though, is that offense is the best defense. The faster we take out each foe, the less damage that foe can do to us."

Once the group is on the train, Grys says some more:

"This is KeKe." Grys says, pulling a small demonic creature out of his pocket. "Don't let his appearance fool you. He's actually quite harmless. But, he can assist us in combat. I send him invisibly in amongst our foes and he can distract them so that our melee combatants like Susan here or any of our summoned allies can get a bit of a drop on them." Grys then puts KeKe back.

"Personally, I prefer to stay out of a lot of close combat. I'm hardly dressed for it." Grys says, indicating his regular clothes and lack of armor of any sort. "But, I will move into close combat on occassion. I am not very good with my sword in melee, but I can use it to send out arcane blasts of Force."

"My personal thought was that Susan appears to be the best protected, so she should be up in front the most. I should stay near the center of the group where I can assist where needed. The rest of the team should spread out where they think they are most useful, preferably in areas of cover. I am fairly mobile, so I should be able to move from hot spot to hot spot. But I tend to not stay in one place for long, so I won't be able to help Susan too much. The summoned creatures and companion will have to fill up that niche. Along with Susan, they are our front line."

"Did you bring enough arrows Ryda? Hobgoblins multiply like rabbits. We might be in for a long haul."

[sblock=OOC]
Re: Summoned Creatures. Mythra can dismiss the creature before it dies so that he does not need to expend a healing surge.

Re: Storm Pillar. It does not take up a space. Anyone can move into it's square, it just cannot be conjured into an occupied square. One of the best ways to use it is to put it in the square above a foe. That way, that foe is locked down from any normal movement unless it wants to take damage.

Re: Creatures. My familiar cannot prevent a foe from moving into its square, but Jarren's spirit companion and Mythra's summoned allies can. We should be able to often set it up so that Susan isn't surrounded. The spirit companion, however, is pretty limited. It cannot flank. But, it does take up a square which is helpful, and it is also immune to burst and blast attacks, so those of us with bursts or blasts that target creatures do not have to worry about damaging the spirit companion. Such attacks might, however, damage my familiar or Mythra's summoned allies.

A good tactic is to have the spirit companion out in front the most, even in front of Susan before we get into an encounter. If foes move in to attack the companion, then Mythra and I can blast them with Grasping Shadows and Scorching Burst without having to worry about harming the spirit companion, or Susan for that matter. And, the spirit companion might be able to set off traps so that Susan doesn't.

Re: Marks. Susan's mark is better than Grys', so she should mark most foes as often as possible. However, Grys' mark is what lessens the damage an ally takes, so she shouldn't override his mark too often. But, there will be times where it is best for her to override it so that he can use it on someone else instead. Also, whichever foe Grys has marked should typically be the last foe we attack since Grys reduces the damage done by that foe if it attacks anyone besides Grys. For all intents and purposes, Grys decreases the effectiveness of one foe per encounter, so that foe should often be the last to fall. I will try to make this an elite or other strong foe each time so that we can concentrate on shifting action economy to our favor as fast as possible.
[/sblock]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases