• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure] The Darkest Night (DM: johnmeier1, Judge: Ozymandias79)

DMDanW

First Post
Dextyr lets out a loud shout which sends waves of energy out over the crocs near him. The energy pushes one back with its sting and allows Shorrin to move to a better position.

[SBLOCK=Mechanics]
Standard Action: Shout of Triumph
vs Croc 2; 1d20+6 (Shout of Triumph)=23 for 1d6+4=5 damage & push to E12 (back 3 squares)
vs Croc 3; 1d20+6 (Shout of Triumph)=9 miss
As well slide Shorrin 3 squares to a space of his liking (if he does not choose a space then I choose J18

Save vs Imobilized; 1d20=20 - critical save!

[/sblock]

changer

First Post
Janus, shocked by the sudden assult and reeling from the gas lashes out at the nearest toothy log.

[sblock=ooc]
Move Action: NA
Standard Action: TW @ Croc 3 vs fort: 1d20+7=12; 1d6+6=12
Save = 20 wow IC actually managed to roll over 5 on a d20
[/sblock]

[sblock=Stat Block]
Janus Reinhardt - Male Human Wizard 4
Passive Perception: 15, Passive Insight: 21
AC: 20, Fort: 14, Reflex: 18, Will: 18 -- Speed: 6
HP: 34/34, Bloodied: 16, Surge Value: 8+2, Surges left: 3/7
Initiative: +6
Action Points: 0, Second Wind: Available
Powers: Magic Missile, Ray of frost, Thunderwave, Icy Terrain, Color Spray, Freezing Cloud (Not Memorized), Sleep (Memorized),
Expeditious Retreat (Memorized), Feather Fall (Not Memorized)

Dragonling: Furi-Zu
AC: 20, Fort: 14, Reflex: 18, Will: 18 Speed 5, Fly 6 (hover)
HP: 1. a missed attack never damages it.
Constant Benefits: Can read and speak Draconic. When you spend a healing surge regain 2 additional HP.
Active Benefits: Dragons Breath. Once per encounter, use dragonling’s space as origin square for a close blast arcane attack power.
[/sblock]

johnmeier1

Explorer
Our heroes regroup together save for the shadowy Murphy, after the initial assault of the crocodiles and lizardmen. The near mystic moves closer and takes up a position behind some brush. He waves the staff again and this time calls up the gases from the ground, enveloping the group. The large mosquito drops to the ground and everyone but Janus clutches at their throats and the poison constricts their breathing. The other moves to the edge of the floating grasses and chants in a guttural tone. The vines continue to whirl and grab and pull on Dextyr and Shorrin holding them fast.
The crocodile pushed back by Dextyr’s shout seems to recover very quickly, drawing inspiration from the mystic’s chants. The crocodiles pursue and latch onto Sheng and Janus with their huge jaws.
[sblock=mechanics]
Marsh Mystic 1 moves to M10 and uses Bog Cloud at K20 vs Fort hits everybody but Janus (should have been +9 only) for 2d8+4=16 poison damage (Sheng resists 5) and all are dazed TENT again.
Marsh Mystic 2 moves to G10, recharges Bog Cloud and uses Swamp Grasp on L20 vs Ref hits Shorrin and Dextyr for immobilized (save ends) and more difficult swamp terrain around.
Crocodile 1 moves around to K20/J21 and bites for 6 damage and Sheng is grabbed
Crocodile 2 heals and moves to I18/H19 and misses Shorrin
Crocodile 3 bites Janus for 9 damage and he is grabbed
Crocs 4&5 stay hidden and ready an action[/sblock]
[sblock=status]
Shorrin J18 7/50 Immobilized (save ends), Bloodied, Dazed TENT 7 50
Janus L18 10/34 Bloodied, Grabbed
Dextyr K18 12/43 Immobilized (save ends), Bloodied, Dazed TENT
Sheng O19 30/47 Dazed TENT, Grabbed
Murphy O18 45/45 Immobilized (save ends), enemies that hit with melee take +1d6, Shade Form
Mystic 1 M10 -0hp used Bog Cloud, Swamp's Grasp
Mystic 2 G10 -0hp used Swamp's Grasp
Croc 1 K20/J21 -7hp
Croc 2 I18/H19 -13hp
Croc 3 K16/J17 -18hp[/sblock]
[sblock=map]
attachment.php

[/sblock]

Attachments

• swamp4.jpg
    swamp4.jpg
    497.8 KB · Views: 95

DMDanW

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
Wow - not looking good for the 'Heros' now is it?
I'm pretty much out of anything that can really hurt them and being dazed I am now just going to focus on healing for the next few rounds.
I'd suggest that we concentrate damage if possible, or use powers that can target multiple enemies. And if you have action points I'd say use them now...
[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=john]
I believe Murphy should have at least 1 hit on the stirge (Ref 25). If not, he's getting the eff outta here, oh is it dead?[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]
Sorry guys, there isn't much Murphy can do where he's at, except an RBA... [/sblock]

johnmeier1

Explorer
[sblock=OOC] There may be some immediate reaction/interrupts. If you want me to include these when they happen you can put a Trigger section in your ministats like this:

Trigger: Deathcut Leather Armor (when hit by a melee attack), Slaad's Gambit (when hit by an attack while bloodied), etc

Otherwise you can post them at the beginning of your turn, like last time and I will try to update the map if it changes a great deal (otherwise I will just update the results of the turn.

The stirge is dead, and Murphy is hidden with stealth (the new errata says "Stealth: The check is usually at the end of a move action, but it can be at the end of any of the creature’s actions that involve the creature moving.")
[/sblock]

changer

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
I hope its not to late to use My repulsion armour?
Reading the text it sounds like I can only use it as it moves?

Power (Daily): Minor Action. Whenever an enemy moves into an adjacent square, you can push that enemy 1 square as an immediate reaction. This power lasts until the end of the encounter.

[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
OOC: Note that in this post that Sheng was in N 19, and that he moved to O 19 afterwards. I'll post my actions after my character location is changed, and I think that most of the attacks won't be affecting him, luckily.

johnmeier1

Explorer
[sblock=OnlyTheStrong] Shorrin is Dazed until the next Mystic turn, so he only gets one action. I think you would keep the Dragon's breath and use your AP for Second Wind then? I also need you to SAVE vs immobilize [/sblock]

[sblock=Voda Vosa] I can't believe I missed that on the map. I have it in my status and notes. I guess you are thinking this DM needs new glasses. I will update and post here[/sblock]

In the confusion Sheng struck from far away but was bitten by the charging crocodile. Shorrin breathes in deeply and out comes a spray of acid, hitting one of the crocodiles and clearing the air around Dextyr and Janus.

[sblock=OOC] Shorrin gives you two a +1 to hit on next attack.
I had Sheng's position wrong on the map so he was missed by the Bog Cloud and Swamp Grasp but the Crocodile still attacked and hit him. Updated map below (and he isn't dazed and has 11 more HP)
[/sblock]

[sblock=map]
attachment.php

[/sblock]

Attachments

• swamp5.jpg
    swamp5.jpg
    429.4 KB · Views: 105

Remove ads