[Adventure] The Lost Treasure of House Cannith (Judge: Evilbob)

Mezegis

First Post
Thalin continues moving across the tiles, stepping on a final golden one before dashing into the relative safety of the room. Greeting those that crossed before him, he looks around his new surroundings. Hmm, you're right, no off lever.

Shouting back down the hall, Next one can cross, I'm through!

[sblock=Mechanics]Move to T3, then U2: 1d20+8=28 lets me go to V2 and out of the hall.
Pereception: 1d20+7=18 Would have to be that check I don't roll obscenely high on....[/sblock]

LadyLaw

First Post
GM: updated map

Attachments

• Trap Hall28.jpg
    Trap Hall28.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 90

LadyLaw

First Post
GM: So...Do we not care anymore?

Otakkun, I didn't answer you earlier because I thought you were asking the others what the plan was or whatever, but you're trying to get down this trapped hallway. They decided to go it one at a time. So far, no one has found a way to shut the traps off on the other side. You and Vertexx are the only ones left to cross.

LadyLaw

First Post
GM: Attached is a map of the room on the other side of the hall. If Turtle, Mez, and Anti could let me know which squares they are in as they move about, it will be helpful for later. Anyone else who enters this room should feel free to tell me where they are ending their movement as well.

All the funky squares on the edges are blueprints hanging on the walls. The one with the arcane symbol by it is the one in column O. It should be noted that the symbol is not visible to the naked eye. You can only see it if you pass the arcana check that I put up earlier.

The next time someone comes into this room I will repost the perception and arcana checks for ease (and also to add some things that will be relevant when the others arrive).

Thanks.

Attachments

• Laboratory.jpg
    Laboratory.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 100

LadyLaw

First Post
GM: Ok, thanks. I'll make a note of it. Your path isn't necessarily important. I'd just like to keep track of where, exactly, everyone ended up since there are now several light sources and such; and the room does have several things to look at, so I figured it'd be a good idea to know which squares everyone is in.

Antithetist

First Post
"Well, it's no notebook, but it is marked by the appropriate symbol. I say we take these blueprints - our employer might be interested in them, and if not, no harm done. But as for the notebook..." he looks around with perplexity. "I'm seeing no sign of anywhere it could be kept, or any alternate routes out of this room. This is rather aggravating."

OOC: Colgrave can be hanging out in N4.

Mezegis

First Post
I agree with Colgrave. While not our target, there may be a bonus if we retrieve some extra items. Besides, logic dictates there would be another path out of here or that was an absurd amount of security for a workshop. Perhaps it is hidden behind these massive drawings? Heading across the room to where 354b is examining the sigiled blueprint, Thalin attempts to remove the large blueprint from the wall.

[sblock=Mechanics]Move to O5. LadyLaw, am I correct in thinking the blueprints are 10+ feet across?[/sblock]

LadyLaw

First Post
As Thalin attempts to lift the blueprint off the wall, he finds upward movement of the frame impossible. Instead, after a few moments of investigation, he finds that it is attacked to the wall with a couple latches and a hinge. Undoing the latches allows the print to swing out from the wall, still attached at the hinge. Behind it, you find a large safe.

GM: As to size, yes, all these blueprints are quite large. 5' x 10' at a minimum. They area also all framed. The walls of this room are still stone, in case that wasn't clear.

[sblock=Perception 28]You can see a niche in the lock and tiny holes around the safe edges. This looks like part of a trap on the safe lock. Revealing this information to someone attempting to pick the lock before they make the attempt will grant a bonus to the lock-picking attempt, as they will have some idea what to avoid.[/sblock]

Remove ads