• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure] The Mine-Militia Identity. (DM: horticulture; Judge: covaithe)

Someone

Adventurer
*clank*whirl*

Code:
*HEY, IT WORKS*

*I'M POSITIVELY SURPRISED*

"Hello, master Coppernight. We're no duergar, we're cleaning the mine up. And we have Herquen with us, safe. Mind telling us any secrets about the mine? You can talk to her if you want to check..."

horticulture

Slightly entitled.
"Herquen, y'say? Well, speak up, lass," the disembodied voice of Coppernight says, to which the previously tortured dwarf replies.

"They speak the truth, Kalavar. They saved me from those damned dark dwarves."

The mine leader speaks again, voice gravelly and tired sounding. "Well, thank the gods for you lot then. What were you asking? Secrets? Yah, yah, we managed t'set up a few secrets for the duergar," the voice chuckles. "On your way down, you'll see a buncha blocked tunnels, stuffed with crates and the like. You just give a holler when those blasted dwarves are within range, and I'll blow the traps but good!" Kalavar chuckles again.

Luinnar

First Post
Explosions, excellent! I love explosions! Sharpe says excitedly. Don't worry disembodied voice! I am good at carnage and coordinated explosions! You can count on me!

horticulture

Slightly entitled.
Kalavar chuckles. "Good of ya! Ya're gonna need carnage and explosions, I'm thinking. Them duergar are dug in deep as ticks. What of yer friends?"

Luinnar

First Post
Kalavar chuckles. "Good of ya! Ya're gonna need carnage and explosions, I'm thinking. Them duergar are dug in deep as ticks. What of yer friends?"
I doubt their alignments are compatible with large explosions. Sharpe says. But they have shown themselves very good at killings things in general, so they can be trusted in mopping up what the explosions don't take care of, Mr. Disembodied Voice. Sharpe says.

Someone

Adventurer
Prime's tiles whirl again.

Code:
*ASK HIM ABOUT THE MAJOR'S RELATIVES*

*IF THEY ARE ALIVE WE SHOULD MOVE QUICKLY*

*BEFORE THEY MISS THE ONES WE BEAT EARLIER*

"We should move quickly anyhow. But, you're right. Mr Coppernight, there were few militia men sent with you. Are they still with you?"
asks Drew

horticulture

Slightly entitled.
The dwarf's voice becomes somber. "Aye, one of them made it down here. He's worse for wear though, and needs some healer's attention, along with a few of my own miners, that's for sure."

"The air's running a might thin, too. Not much of the stuff for breathing when you're trapped in a little cubby, no doubt. You lot are gonna have to hurry."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads