[Adventure] The Paper Chase, Part 2 (Judge: renau1g)

Luinnar

First Post
"Yes, yes, I will fund that. The lightning rail will take you to Hatheril, and from there you can hire a carriage to Sharford."
I thought you were paying for the transportation...? Mythra says. Shouldn't you pay for the carriage then?

[sblock=ooc]
The colors looks fine to me :)

Also, mind if I buy some ritual ingredients for Mythra Antithetist? I forgot to buy some Mystic Salves[/sblock]

Antithetist

First Post
The professor gives a sigh. "How do you propose I hire the carriage from here? Am I to devise some new magical ritual to remotely contact each of Hatheril's cab drivers, inviting them to bid for my business, and then magically transfer payment to them? Just find a conveyance when you get there, and I will cover the costs when you return."

OOC: VV and MetaVoid haven't checked in yet. Are you guys here?

KarinsDad

Adventurer
"Well, it sounds like we should reequip ourselves and then head to the lightning rail. Thanks for the assignment Professor. I'm not quite sure when we'll get back. It'll probably be at least a month, maybe more. And, don't mind Mythra." Grys says with a twinkle in his eye. "He's just the dumbest smart guy the world has ever seen."

Antithetist

First Post
OOC: Regarding Luinnar's earlier shopping query: yes. Feel free to do any shopping you need to, we can assume you did it before coming to see the Professor or that you nipped into a convenient shop on the way to the Lightning Rail.

Regarding Grys's 'at least a month' prediction: depending on how things go at the other end that may of course be accurate, but I just wanted to point out that looking at the travel times, it's not necessarily going to take that long. The Lightning Rail to Hatheril is about 48 hours, and from there to Sharford by carriage might be another couple of days, for a round trip of something just over a week.

Voda Vosa

First Post
Another foolish errand I see. At least I will be able to easily to lose the Bard and the Dwarf in the mountains. The reward will be...? Mythra says dryly.

"Seems tis lass know nothin' o' mountains nor dwarves. Lose a dwarf in the mountains? Comenone, yer some of those fluffy mages lass, ye shoulda know better." taunts Muzdum with a chuckle. As the professor keeps giving them details, Muzdum frowns and shrugs.

"I'm Muzdum Firebelly, of the Firebelly clan. Ye got yerself a relic 'ere professor."
The dwarf smiles.

"Seems I'll be yer guide in the mountains. If we have to climb, ye stay next to me, else ye'll surely fall to yer death." the dwarf laughs hearty, seemingly excited by the danger ahead.

[sblock=Muzdum Firebelly]

Male Dwarf Brawler Fighter 6
Medium natural humanoid (Humaniod)
Initiative 5; Senses Passive Insight 14, Passive Perception 14
HP 62, Bloodied 31, Surge Value 15, Surges 12
AC 25; Fortitude 22, Reflex 17, Will 15
Saving Throws +5 racial vs Poison
Speed 5
Inescapable Waraxe +2 (Standard; at-will)
+12 vs AC; 1d12+10. Versatile.
Defensive Spiked gauntlet +1 (Standard; at-will)
+11 vs AC; 1d6+7
Hand Crossbow (Standard; at-will)
+8 vs. AC; 1d6+2 damage
Second Wind (Minor; Encounter) ✦ Personal
You spend a healing surge and regain 15 hit points. You gain a +2 bonus to all defenses until the start of your next turn.
Combat agility (Oportunity attack; at-will) ✦ Martial, Weapon
Trigger: An enemy adjacent to you takes an action that provokes an opportunity attack Effect: After the triggering enemy completes the action, you shift 2 squares. You must end the shift closer to the target than you were when you began the shift. Then make the following attack: +12 vs AC, (HIT) 1d12+10, and you knock the target prone.
Combat challenge (Imm. Interrupt; at-will) ✦ Martial, Weapon
Effect: Whenever an enemy marked by you is adjacent to you and shifts or makes an attack that does not include you, you can make a melee basic attack against that enemy: +12 vs AC, (HIT) 1d12+10
Slash and Pummel (Standard; at-will) ✦ Martial, Weapon
+12 vs AC, (HIT) 1d12+6, make a secondary attack vs the target; +11 vs Ref, hit deals 7 dmg
Grappling Strike (Standard; at-will) ✦ Martial, Weapon
+12 vs AC; (HIT) 1d12+10 and you grab the target. The grab ends automatically at the end of your next turn.Special: Can use as a basic attack whem making AoO
Takedown Attack (Standard; encounter) ✦ Martial, Weapon
+12 vs Fort, (HIT) 1d12+10 and you knock the target prone. Special: When charging, this power is useable as a melle basic attack.
Harrier's Ploy (Standard; Daily) ✦ Martial, Weapon
+12 vs AC, (HIT) 3d12+10 dmg Effect: Until the end of the encounter, if the target moves, you can shift a number of squares equal to your Dexterity modifier (+2) as an immediate reaction.
Pass Forward (Move; At-will) ✦ Martial
Effect:You pick an adjacent enemy and move up to your speed. As long as you end this movement in a square adjacent to that enemy, your movement does not provoke opportunity attacks from that enemy.
Bare-Knuckled Rebuke (Minor; Daily) ✦ Martial, Weapon, Stance
Effect:Until the stance ends, you can use the Bare-Knuckled Rebuke Attack power.
Slamming Rush (Standard; encounter) ✦ Martial, Weapon
You must have a creature grabbed. Effect:You move your speed. For each square you move, you slide the target 1 square to a square adjacent to you. The creature remains grabbed, and you do not provoke an opportunity attack from the target during this movement. Then make the following attack: +12 vs Fort, (HIT) 1d8+7 dmg, and you knock the target prone. If the target is adjacent to blocking terrain, add your Dexterity modifier (+2) to the damage.
Mighty Sprint (Move; Encounter) ✦ Personal
Effect:You move your speed + 4. During this movement, you ignore difficult terrain and gain a +5 power bonus to Athletics checks you make as part of the move.
Bare-Knuckled Rebuke Attack (Imm. Reaction; at-will) ✦ Martial, Weapon
Trigger: An enemy adjacent to you misses you with a melee attack; Attack: +12 vs AC (unarmed), (HIT) 1d6+7 damage, and the target grants combat advantage to you until the end of your next turn.
Inescapable Waraxe +2
Main hand; , Property: Each time you miss a target with this weapon, you gain a cumulative +1 bonus (up to the weapon's enhancement bonus) to your next attack roll with this weapon against the same target. The bonus ends if you attack a different target or when you hit. Versatile.
Impostor's Drake Scale Armor +2
Attached component (body); , Enhancement: +2 AC. Power: Minor Action. Changes armor for a set of normally looking armor. While in cloth form, it does not give any bonus, but also no penalty.
Defensive Spiked gauntlet +1
Off Hand; , Property: When you take the total defense or second wind action, add the enhancement bonus of this weapon as an item bonus to all of your defenses until the start of your next turn.
Iron Armbands of Power
Attached component (arm); , Property: Gain a +2 item bonus to melee damage rolls.
Frostwolf Pelt +1
Attached component (neck); , Enhancement:' +1 Fortitude, Reflex and Will. Property: Gain resist 5 to cold. Power: Immediate Reaction. Trigger: An enemy adjacent to you hits you. Effect: The triggering enemy is knocked prone.
Restfull bedroll
Property:add 1d8 temporal hp after extended rest.

Alignment Good; Languages Common
Str 18 (+4) Dex 15 (+2) Wis 12 (+1)
Con 17 (+3) Int 10 (+0) Cha 08 (-1)
Skills Endurance, Athletics, Heal
Feats Dwarven Weapon Training, Brawler Guard, Wrenching Grasp, Improved Grab.
Equipment Chainmail, Spiked gauntlet, Broadsword, Hand Crossbow, Crossbow Bolts (60), Inescapable Waraxe +2, Dwarven Scale Armor +2, Defensive Spiked gauntlet +1, Iron Armbands of Power (heroic tier), Frostwolf Pelt +1, adventurer's kit, 5 gp
[/sblock]

Luinnar

First Post
"Well, it sounds like we should reequip ourselves and then head to the lightning rail. Thanks for the assignment Professor. I'm not quite sure when we'll get back. It'll probably be at least a month, maybe more. And, don't mind Mythra." Grys says with a twinkle in his eye. "He's just the dumbest smart guy the world has ever seen."
Be quiet for once, elf. Mythra says crankily.

Antithetist

First Post
OOC: Seems we're good to go, but I'd like confirmation that [MENTION=87106]MetaVoid[/MENTION] is on board before we bundle onto the train. I know he's around and posting in other threads so hopefully he just needs a nudge. ;)

OOC: Sorry, somehow I missed the new thread. Mentions really help!

Orsik was listening silently, until there was talk about leaving. He opens the door and moves aside for others to go out.
"Thank you, professor. We shall save this people from themselves. Logging in dangerous territories. They should know better. I hope your next task will leave us a bit more time to peruse your library."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases