• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure] The Predicament of Mr. Gimo Tine [Judge:?]

Voda Vosa

First Post
The half elf's sorcery flies wide, while the massive barbarian stomps behind Soldier, and brings down his axe, making the helpless mercenary explode in a bloody shower of meat chunks; arms, legs, torso, head, all flying around.
The genasi’s sword cuts air and flesh, and his spell shakes the mercenary warrior in front of him.
Mikara keeps pressing on the dwarf. He has taken so much damage that he barely stands.
Soldier brings his own axe to the game, as he swipes out the other mercenary, cutting him in halves, while cutting the other two taller mercenaries. The dwarf, being shorter, just gets a nice hair cut.
The group of in-transe mercenaries focus their swords on Soldier, one making no purchase of his efforts, but the other finding a weak spot in Soldier’s defences, striking a devastating blow.
The dwarfs try to take advantage of Soldier and Jarel, but they miss their marks.
The mercenary leader appoints the dwarf. “You! Bash that Genasi to the ground! Do it, NOW!” The more arcane attuned members of the party knew that those were not just words. The magical enchantment pulls the dwarf through his normal physical limits, as he contorts painfully and produces a demolishing shieldbash wickedly aimed towards Jarel, knocking him prone.
The mercenaries not engaged in melee move to the wall, and throw a flying axe, that bounces off Soldier.

[sblock=Battle!]

1 Mercenary attack Soldier. Miss
2 Mercenary Fighters attack Soldier, one miss, the other critics for 17-1= 16 dmg.
1 Dwarf attacks Soldier and miss
1 Dwarf attacks Jarel and miss
Mercenary leader allows another attack for Dwarf 1. Dwarf Hits, makes Jarel Prone and damages him 12.

Code:
Character   	  Contition/HP

Mikara	     	 	34/39  AC: 20, Fort:14, Reflex: 18, Will: 15
Soldier  		42/69  AC: 26, Fort:19, Reflex:16, Will:16 Diseased with Filth feber! 

Mercenary 1      	
Mercenary 2
Mercenary 3                DEAD
Mercenary 4                DEAD
Mercenary fighter 1	64/66
Mercenary fighter 2	45/66
Mercenary fighter 3	57/66
Dwarf Mercenary 1	 2/64
Dwarf Mercenary 2	64/64
Mercenary Leader	         ??/??

Morvannon    		42/42  AC: 19, Fort:15, Reflex:17, Will:18
Garkk		  	52/52  AC: 20, Fort:20, Reflex:14, Will:14 
Jarel-Karn		50/62  AC: 24, Fort:19, Reflex:19, Will 18 PRONE

MAP

Enemy's info unlocked:

Mercenary:

Minion
AC 19; Fortitude 17, Refl ex 14, Will 15
Club (standard; at-will) ✦ Weapon
+12 vs. AC; 6 damage.

Mercenary fighter:

HP 66; Bloodied 33;
AC 15; Fortitude 15, Reflex 14, Will 14
Greataxe (standard; at-will) ✦ Weapon
+7 vs. AC; 1d12 + 4 damage (crit 1d12 + 16).
HP 60; Bloodied 30
AC 19; Fortitude 17, Reflex 17, Wil l 18

Dwarf Mercenary

HP 64; Bloodied 32
AC 23; Fortitude 18, Refl ex 15, Will 17
Warhammer (standard; at-will) ✦ Weapon
+11 vs. AC; 1d10 + 3 damage.
M Shield Bash (minor; recharge ⚄ ⚅ )
+9 vs. Fortitude; 2d6 + 3 damage, and the target is knocked
prone or pushed 1 square.

Mercenary Leader:
Longsword (standard; at-will) • Weapon
<- Appoint Champion (standard; at-will)
Close burst 10; targets one ally; the target makes a basic attack
as a free action and shifts 1 square before or after the attack.
«< • Inspirational Authority (standard; encounter)
Close burst 10; targets one ally; the target uses an at-will,
encounter, or recharge attack power as a free action.

Rolls:
Mercenaries:Roll Lookup
Mercenary fighters 2 & 3:Roll Lookup
Mercenary Dwarfs: Roll Lookup
Roll Lookup
Mercenaries Ranged attacks: Roll Lookup
[/sblock]

Ozymandias79

First Post
Soldier swings his axe against the foe, who stands in front of Jarel

[sblock=Action Details]
Standard Action:Crushing Surge Vs. MF2(CS hits MF2 for 16 damage, MF2 is marked by Soldier and gains 8 THP)
Move Action:N/A
Minor Action:Enter Boundless Endurance stance
[/sblock]

OOC: VV, I think you forgot about Soldier's 4 Thp and thus he has 46 hp & 8 THP as current

OOC: I request/suggest that Mikara target MF2 with her GIANT bow as that will kill at least 2 foe if she hits

Velmont

First Post
Jarel-karn quickly stand up and stare at the dwarf. "You go down!" tells the Genasi as he gathers power and attack the mercenary in front of him instead. Thanks to his poor skill, Jarel-karn connect and and arc of lightning attack the dwarf who falls unconscious.

[SBLOCK=OOC]Move: Stands up
Minor: Promise Storm
Standard: Lightning Clash vs AC on MF2; Secondary Attack vs MD1 (1d20+13=17, 2d8+6=14, 1d20+13=25, 1d8+1d6+3=14) Hit both for 14 damages. The dwarf fall unconscious (non-lethal damage).[/SBLOCK]

RedBeardJim

First Post
Morvannon steps back away from the doorway as the fray gets more vigorous, sending a ball of flame to explode in the midst of a cluster of foes. Two are protected by their armor, but the other two are not so fortunate and fall screaming to the floor.

[sblock=Actions]Minor: Warlock's Curse on MF2
Move: Walk to Y-3, retaining concealment from Shadow Walk
Standard: Cast Scorching Burst into square T-9, attacking both minions, MD2, and MF1. Attack rolls vs. reflex, clockwise from MD2: 14, 23, 13, 22. Misses the dwarf and fighter, but hits and kills both minions.[/sblock]

[sblock="Mini stat"]Morvannon Rinael - Level 4 Half-Elf Warlock
Passive Perception: 13, Passive Insight: 20, Initiative: +2 Senses: Low-light
AC: 19, Fortitude: 15, Reflex: 17, Will: 18 -- Speed: 6, Size: Medium
HP: 42/42, Bloodied 21, Surge Value 10, Surges left 7/8
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
Powers -
Eldritch Blast
Eyebite
Warlock's Curse (minor)
Misty Step (Warlock Pact Boon)

Witchfire
Hands of Ihbar
Scorching Burst (Dilettante power)
Thunderwave (Arcane Initiate feat)
Caiphon's Leap (Utility)

Curse of the Dark Dream[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
Grrrrraaaaaghhhhh! With the battle blazing before his eyes no way to attack, the barbarian explodes into rage. Let me through! trying to push against alley Jarel to make room to squeeze through, but can't. This frustrates the goliath even more. MOOOOOVE!!!

ooc: Just roleplaying here :)

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]I would have so much teleported away if it wasn't from the fact I was prone at the start of my turn... next turn, you'll be free to pass.

By the way, if you don't fear 2 AoO, you can move through my space.[/SBLOCK]

dimsdale

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]I would have so much teleported away if it wasn't from the fact I was prone at the start of my turn... next turn, you'll be free to pass.

By the way, if you don't fear 2 AoO, you can move through my space.[/SBLOCK]

[sblock=ooc]
Thanks Velmont. That is exactly what Grakk would do in his current state of mind]

Yessss! Time for you to pay! the barbarian screams as he moves past Jarel and steps to the side to attack the mercenary to Jarel's right. He swings his axe and lands a devastating blow, sinking the blade deep into the fighters chest.

[sblock=actions]
minor: stone's endurance: Gain resist 5 until the end of next turn
movement: move to T2
attack: devastating strike vs MF2 AC: 1d20+10 for 1d12+8+1d8= 21 for 21 damage

all enemies have CA on grakk until beginning of next turn
[/sblock]

Remove ads