Aelwynn

Dice4Hire

First Post
Tell us, friend Orwin. To what end to you seek to gather Durul objects of fell devil bargains? Perhaps you seek to reverse the Dragon Curse somehow, inviting those mighty creatures back to these lands?"[/b]

Qinik waits for their host to proceed

The man replies simply, "Those of Durul are our enemies and have been so since long before they turned to the devils and drove off the dragons. I would try to reverse both of those."

Dice4Hire

First Post
Pelias Blueshadow

"I'm not saying that this isn't fascinating, but what should we do? Why were we summoned? If only to present our knowledge... Qinik has done that. Or is there something else that requires our special abilities?" Pelias asks openly. He is not a friend of idle talk.

Orin replies, "Yes, let us get onto the specifics of what we need you to do. Here is a key, and our agent will have its twin." as he pulls out a small key that looks sized for a jewelry box or the like. IT is quite small. "This key is paired with his and will help you find each other, when you get within a mile or so of its twin. It is helpful to not set up a fixed meeting spot."

"We would like you to get the book and bring it back here, so we can study it and see what information we can get out of it."

"Now, do any of you have any needs, equipment, or the like? Or any obligations you need to meet." he says, perhaps hinting at payment.

Walking Dad

First Post
Pelias Blueshadow

"Just to be clear, I will not work for less than 2,000 in gold.
If you can meet my prize, I need to now how to use this key. 'Will help' is king of vague."
Pelias says coldly.
OOC:
1,800 is the gp cost of a level appropriate item, so 2k is maybe a good start.

Goken100

First Post
Orin replies, "Yes, let us get onto the specifics of what we need you to do. Here is a key, and our agent will have its twin." as he pulls out a small key that looks sized for a jewelry box or the like. IT is quite small. "This key is paired with his and will help you find each other, when you get within a mile or so of its twin. It is helpful to not set up a fixed meeting spot."

"We would like you to get the book and bring it back here, so we can study it and see what information we can get out of it."

"Now, do any of you have any needs, equipment, or the like? Or any obligations you need to meet." he says, perhaps hinting at payment.

"For supplies, we will need any horses, clothing, badges, or papers needed to infiltrate our destination. For payment, I repeat my request. I would like it agreed that items and information be made available to myself (and comrades) as a duly appointed representative of the silver society and a prominent scholar in these matters. As you will no doubt benefit a great deal from my insights in studying the item, what I offer is a bargain indeed."

Dice4Hire

First Post
Pelias Blueshadow

"Just to be clear, I will not work for less than 2,000 in gold.
If you can meet my prize, I need to now how to use this key. 'Will help' is king of vague."
Pelias says coldly.

Your host seems surprised and definitely put out by the demand. He looks at Pelias and seems to be trying to see if he is serious about his demand.

He then decided to table it for at least a few minutes and says to the others, "What do the rest of you need to do a service for everyone who hates devils and their spawn?"

Dice4Hire

First Post
"For supplies, we will need any horses, clothing, badges, or papers needed to infiltrate our destination. For payment, I repeat my request. I would like it agreed that items and information be made available to myself (and comrades) as a duly appointed representative of the silver society and a prominent scholar in these matters. As you will no doubt benefit a great deal from my insights in studying the item, what I offer is a bargain indeed."

The man says, "That is not my decision, though I will pass on your request. I am sure it will be honored, though."

He looks at the other two present in the room and says, "What will you need?"

Walking Dad

First Post
Pelias Blueshadow

"To avoid confusion, the prize I just requested is a compensation in case this turns out as a false goose chase, where we find neither information, nor treasure." Pelias explains his former demand.

Dice4Hire

First Post
The man nods, seeming a bit put out by the silence of the other two in the room.

OOC: The DM, too.

He then replies, "We will pay what you are worth, trust us. I do not know if that much in cash is available, but something can be worked out."

Goken100

First Post
OOC: Perhaps we've lost some players. Please let us know if the game is continuing. I really like the story, would love to see it go forward.

Remove ads