Aftermath of the Celestial War [4e] (Everyone)

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
Your trek through the shadow walked version of the under dark is strange. The color washed out of your companions faces and the odd blurring effect of distant terrain. The ground will occasionally shift underfoot in time with the odd blurring effect, and you are hard pressed to keep track of the under dark landmarks.
After the blocking of the path across the crevice, the passage that Morgrim finds is the best way remaining to the city. In the unfamiliar tertiary tunnels Elitheal helps guide the parties steps.

Kanriel uses shadow walk to speed your journey and sets shadowy wards around resting areas. Both tasks he excels at and his components are easily replaced by collecting stray magical energies, and rare under-dark flora that can be used to power further spells.

-------------------------

Your are nearing the City, and Aridha’s steps are sure again. The party has stopped for a short rest in an unattended side cave. The guard (need a volunteer) Notices a pair of approaching figures carrying light. They appear to be dragonborn, and is that a symbol of Bahamut?

Elitheal has drawn apart slightly for praying, or communing with his deity. The earth begins to shake and rumble and the entire wall near Elitheal collapses, and a vast purple-black head emerges. The head is covered with long healed scars, and larger than a cottage. It dips forward to engulf Elithel! He vanishes into the maw of the great purple worm.

Roll Initiative!

Ooc: map should be ready late tonight. New PCs will be delayed, see OOC thread.
Elitheal (now dead) Dungoneering (13+17=30)
Kanriel Arcane (6+25=31)

Map Key
Brown dots are rubble (difficult terrain)
the ledge on the north wall is 2 squares up.
THe black dot is a stalagmite (provides cover)

Attachments

• worm.JPG
    worm.JPG
    59.3 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:

EvolutionKB

First Post
Morgrim

[sblock=Init]20 Roll Lookup Consider the following void if the worm goes first(or if you only wanted init.[/sblock]

Morgrim turns at the sound of falling rock and sees their leader get swallowed by a massive, scarred, purple maw. Hearing the crunch of bones, the dwarf knows the cleric is with his God now. Not letting this mission come to a close before it has even begun, Morgrim strides forward, pulling out a pair of hammers in the blink of an eye. Hurling one towards the creature, it crunches into the worms face, before flying back to his hand. Just as fast the dwarf returns that hammer to it's place on his back, and pulls the other from his hip.

[sblock=Actions] Move to (50,55). Draw and stow some weapons(free actions all). Give the throwing hammer a toss. 37 to hit, 15 damage. If 37 misses, then five damage(hammer rhythm)Mark the worm. Roll Lookup [/sblock]

[sblock=Combat Stats]
Hit Points: 139 Bloodied: 69
Healing Surges: 15/16 Healing Surge hp gained:39 HP
Action Points: 1
Speed: 5 squares

Armor Class: 34(36 until hit)
Fortitude Defense: 33
Reflex Defense: 31(33 until hit)
Will Defense: 30
Two-fold Torment, +22 vs AC(two attacks), 1d10+17/1d10+15, push 3 squares and if have CA do 2 extra damage on each hit.
Appalling Crunch, +22 vs AC, 3d10+17, enemies within 2 squares of the target are marked. gain 5 temp hp
Landslide Strike, Can shift two squares before the attacks +22/21 vs AC(two attacks), 2d10+19/2d10+17(melee, main/off), or +21 vs AC(two ranged attacks, different targets), 2d8+16.
Boggling Smash, +22 vs AC, 3d10+22, the target is dazed and takes a -2 to attacks until end of my next turn.
Unbreakable, Immed Reaction, when hit by an attack, reduce the damage by 10
Bolstering Stride, Move action, Move 5 squares, ending adjacient to an ally and gain 2d8+5 temp hp.
Strikebacks(Immed React): Make a melee basic att against an adjacient foe that hits me.

Spitting Cobra Stance: Minor Action, As an opportunity action you can make a ranged basic attack against any enemy within 5 squares that moves closer to you.
Quicksilver Stance: Minor Action, I can shift one square as a move action and make a basic attack, if I have combat advantage the attack does an extra 4 damage
Smash and Grab: Must have a hand free, +22 vs AC, 3d10+22 and I grab the target, each time I sustain the grab I do 1d10+17 damage.
Eruption of Steel: (Melee. Two attacks, main/off)+22/21 vs AC. 2d10+19/2d10+18(miss half damage). Make a secondary attack against a different creature +22/21 vs AC. 1d10+19/1d10+18(miss half damage)
If ranged: Primary attacks: +21/+21 vs AC. 2d8+16/2d8+16(miss for half): Secondary attacks, must be against two different targets: +21/+21 vs AC. 1d8+16/1d8+16(miss for half)

Voidcrystal Armor: Immed Reaction, use when att misses my AC. Weapon used to attack does half dam(save ends), if attacker was unarmed, instead they take ongoing 10 dam(save ends)
Battering Craghammer: Make a melee basic attack vs all enemies in a blast 3.
Dwarven Boots(Immed Inter): Use when power would push, pull, slide, or knock prone. Attacker rerolls and used second attack even if lower.
Cloak of displacement: II: Use when hit by melee or ranged att, Attacker must reroll and use second result even if lower, if attacker misses I can teleport one square. [/sblock]

Last edited:

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
"Mindless Beast, easy to control... too close to comfort. Stay there, beast!"
Kanriel focuses on the worm and it holds in place as he gets some distance between him and the creature.
[sblock=Rolls and actions]Initiative1d20+15=16
Mesmeric Hold 1d20+21=36, 2d6+11=19 Vs Will, this is actually a 40 as I forgot the +4 for one target.
Move to 35, 65
[/sblock]
[sblock=used]Enc: Mesmeric Hold[/sblock]

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Init: 35
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1859342/

Aridha crushes the sudden wash of grief at Elithiel's fate. There was no time in battle for softness. That would come later, when she washed the beast's blood off her blades.

"Ratheros!" she snapped, and made a looping gesture with her right hand. The white tiger prowled forward and to the right with ears flat against its head and tail held out behind it...stalking.

Aridha herself moved forward too, circling to the left in tandem with Ratheros. Together the two looked ready to close a pincer around the monstrous thing. They stopped moving just outside the range of its massive jaws.

(Minor action to make Worm my quarry. Trade standard for minor to draw Equinox. Move action to bring Ratheros (tiger) to the space immediately east of the stalagtite, and immediately north of K. Aridha will end up 2 spaces north of that, adjacent to the ledge. This is hopefully out of its reach...we'll see. :))

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
Round 1: up next Kanriel, Morgrim, Aridha,

Aridha and her white pet move across the floor into position. The matching Elderin blades gleaming in the wizards light. Ratheros, finding his way blocked by the slower Eldrain moves a little further south.

The worm pauses and seems to be chewing, then swallows as it slithers forward. It continues to emerge from the whole it created in the wall.
Its too close to Kanriel for him to move away easily.

Initiatives & Status
Aridha 35 :
[sblock] hp 120/120 Surges 6/7 AP=1
Ratheros hp 174/174 Surges 0/1
powers used:
[/sblock]
Worm 23
[sblock] hp: full ; AP 1/2
powers used
Clamping Jaws
Swallow
Action Point
[/sblock]
Morgrim 20
[sblock] hp 139/139 Surges 15/16 AP=1
powers used
[/sblock]
Kanriel 16
[sblock] hp 100/100; surges; 8/8 AP=1
powers used
[/sblock]

Attachments

• worm2.JPG
    worm2.JPG
    60.1 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:

EvolutionKB

First Post
Morgrim

[sblock=ooc]My init was posted as 20, not 15. Not sure what happened there. You have the worm listed as immobilized, but yet it moved, Kanriel changed action so it shouldn't be immoblized right? I'll switch my action now that it is closer.[/sblock]

Morgrim moves forward hammers in hand. Near the stalagmite he completes does a quick roll forward and brings both hammers up in twin rising blows. One hammer connects with the creature's purple flesh, the other bounces off, but blood runs down the dwarf's wrist anyways.

[sblock=Actions]Move to (50,55). Use Landslide smash. Let's me shift two so I end up at (60,55), then I make my attacks. I'll take 4 damage from my bloodclaw hammer(offhand) to do an extra 8 damage on the hit. Marking on first attack so to gain bonus damage from marked scourge feat. First attack should hit, second should miss: 41 and 23: Roll Lookup Damage: 31 from the one hit and 5 damage from the miss(hammer rhythm): Total 36. Roll Lookup Worm is marked and I've taken damage from bloodclaw weapon.

If attacked I'll use my encounter strikeback(magic item) to make a basic melee attack. +22 vs AC, 1d10+21(bonus from marked scourge feat included), unless the attack is a crit, then I'll try my cloak of displacement daily power.[/sblock]

[sblock=Combat Stats]
Hit Points: 135/139 Bloodied: 69
Healing Surges: 15/16 Healing Surge hp gained:39 HP
Action Points: 1
Speed: 5 squares

Armor Class: 34(36 until hit)
Fortitude Defense: 33
Reflex Defense: 31(33 until hit)
Will Defense: 30
Two-fold Torment, +22 vs AC(two attacks), 1d10+17/1d10+15, push 3 squares and if have CA do 2 extra damage on each hit.
Appalling Crunch, +22 vs AC, 3d10+17, enemies within 2 squares of the target are marked. gain 5 temp hp
Landslide Strike, Can shift two squares before the attacks +22/21 vs AC(two attacks), 2d10+19/2d10+17(melee, main/off), or +21 vs AC(two ranged attacks, different targets), 2d8+16. (EXPENDED)
Boggling Smash, +22 vs AC, 3d10+22, the target is dazed and takes a -2 to attacks until end of my next turn.
Unbreakable, Immed Reaction, when hit by an attack, reduce the damage by 10
Bolstering Stride, Move action, Move 5 squares, ending adjacient to an ally and gain 2d8+5 temp hp.
Strikebacks(Immed React): Make a melee basic att against an adjacient foe that hits me.

Spitting Cobra Stance: Minor Action, As an opportunity action you can make a ranged basic attack against any enemy within 5 squares that moves closer to you.
Quicksilver Stance: Minor Action, I can shift one square as a move action and make a basic attack, if I have combat advantage the attack does an extra 4 damage
Smash and Grab: Must have a hand free, +22 vs AC, 3d10+22 and I grab the target, each time I sustain the grab I do 1d10+17 damage.
Eruption of Steel: (Melee. Two attacks, main/off)+22/21 vs AC. 2d10+19/2d10+18(miss half damage). Make a secondary attack against a different creature +22/21 vs AC. 1d10+19/1d10+18(miss half damage)
If ranged: Primary attacks: +21/+21 vs AC. 2d8+16/2d8+16(miss for half): Secondary attacks, must be against two different targets: +21/+21 vs AC. 1d8+16/1d8+16(miss for half)

Voidcrystal Armor: Immed Reaction, use when att misses my AC. Weapon used to attack does half dam(save ends), if attacker was unarmed, instead they take ongoing 10 dam(save ends)
Battering Craghammer: Make a melee basic attack vs all enemies in a blast 3.
Dwarven Boots(Immed Inter): Use when power would push, pull, slide, or knock prone. Attacker rerolls and used second attack even if lower.
Cloak of displacement: II: Use when hit by melee or ranged att, Attacker must reroll and use second result even if lower, if attacker misses I can teleport one square.
[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
(Ratheros has 2 surges normally, as a companion, so he'd be down to 1 now...)

Aridha and the tiger watch the worm bear down on them like an avalanche of fetid purple flesh, neither flinching. When Kanriel's spell halts it, Aridha glances back with a flash of approval just before acting!

"Equinox," she growls. "Show your fangs!"

The steely grey short sword in her hand flashes brightly for a moment, and she grasps its hilt with her other hand as well. An instant later she's holding two swords, each one identical to the first...except the right hand one is bright silvery white, and the left hand one is sullen black.

"Now Ratheros!"

She lunges forward past the worm's maw and twists to deliver a savage gash along its throat! At the same instant, Ratheros imitates the maneuver with well practiced precision, slashing at it from the opposite side!

(Move to shift 1 and flank. Minor to split sword into two via Paired enchantment. Standard to use Twin Soul Attack Daily. Rolls: 38 to hit for Aridha, doing 24 damage, and 38 for Ratheros, doing 23 damage. http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1859431/ If Aridha hits, she opens a bleeding wound doing 5 ongoing damage as well, save ends. If Aridha misses, she'll use Elven Accuracy to reroll at +2, feel free to roll yourself if you like. The bonus on that would be +27 with combat advantage from flanking and the bonus from Elven Precision.)

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
Round 2:

One of Morgim's hammer blows land, the other glancing off the beasts thick hide.
Kanriel cllas down fire, lighting up the cavern briefly, but the worm squirms to one side and the blast has no effect.
Aridha can't shift into the cliff face. So only Ratheros moves but the pair still use their well honed teamwork to barely deliver a pair of punishing blows to the great worm. Although the bleeding caused by the wounds stops quickly.

The Worm Lunges and its teeth come down precisely where Morgrim isn't. catching the edge of his cloak where it rests on the ground.
Morgrim's backswing bounces off is thick hide.
[sblock] Worm 11+23=ac 34, the strikeback 6+21=27 ac (5 damage)
Bleeding save 6+5=11 (if I'm at home I'll roll real dice. Its just faster and these posts take long enough)[/sblock]

Initiatives & Status

Morgrim 20
[sblock] hp 135/139 Surges 15/16 AP=1
powers used
Landslide strike 1 HIT
[/sblock]
Kanriel 16
[sblock] hp 100/100; surges; 8/8 AP=1
powers used
Fey Step
Combust
- MISS