Aftermath of the Celestial War [4e] (Everyone)

EvolutionKB

First Post
Morgrim

Morgrim is able to dodge out of the way of the worm's gaping jaws, and as he dances away, he swings his hammer, and barely connects, scraping away a small amount of flesh. A hard overhand strike flys way wide and slams into the cave floor. The harsh noise still causes the worm to shrill slightly.

[sblock=Actions]Use appalling crunch. Keep marked. Miss(5 damage) Roll Lookup I seem to missing some utility powers. Would you like me to choose them now, or wait until after the encounter? If I am hit use unbreakable to reduce damage by 10.[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]
Hit Points: 135/139 Bloodied: 69
Healing Surges: 15/16 Healing Surge hp gained:39 HP
Action Points: 1
Speed: 5 squares

Armor Class: 34(36 until hit)
Fortitude Defense: 33
Reflex Defense: 31(33 until hit)
Will Defense: 30
Two-fold Torment, +22 vs AC(two attacks), 1d10+17/1d10+15, push 3 squares and if have CA do 2 extra damage on each hit.
Appalling Crunch, +22 vs AC, 3d10+17, enemies within 2 squares of the target are marked. gain 5 temp hp (expended)
Landslide Strike, Can shift two squares before the attacks +22/21 vs AC(two attacks), 2d10+19/2d10+17(melee, main/off), or +21 vs AC(two ranged attacks, different targets), 2d8+16. (EXPENDED)
Boggling Smash, +22 vs AC, 3d10+22, the target is dazed and takes a -2 to attacks until end of my next turn.
Unbreakable, Immed Reaction, when hit by an attack, reduce the damage by 10
Bolstering Stride, Move action, Move 5 squares, ending adjacient to an ally and gain 2d8+5 temp hp.
Strikebacks(Immed React): Make a melee basic att against an adjacient foe that hits me. (expended)

Spitting Cobra Stance: Minor Action, As an opportunity action you can make a ranged basic attack against any enemy within 5 squares that moves closer to you.
Quicksilver Stance: Minor Action, I can shift one square as a move action and make a basic attack, if I have combat advantage the attack does an extra 4 damage
Smash and Grab: Must have a hand free, +22 vs AC, 3d10+22 and I grab the target, each time I sustain the grab I do 1d10+17 damage.
Eruption of Steel: (Melee. Two attacks, main/off)+22/21 vs AC. 2d10+19/2d10+18(miss half damage). Make a secondary attack against a different creature +22/21 vs AC. 1d10+19/1d10+18(miss half damage)
If ranged: Primary attacks: +21/+21 vs AC. 2d8+16/2d8+16(miss for half): Secondary attacks, must be against two different targets: +21/+21 vs AC. 1d8+16/1d8+16(miss for half)

Voidcrystal Armor: Immed Reaction, use when att misses my AC. Weapon used to attack does half dam(save ends), if attacker was unarmed, instead they take ongoing 10 dam(save ends)
Battering Craghammer: Make a melee basic attack vs all enemies in a blast 3.
Dwarven Boots(Immed Inter): Use when power would push, pull, slide, or knock prone. Attacker rerolls and used second attack even if lower.
Cloak of displacement: II: Use when hit by melee or ranged att, Attacker must reroll and use second result even if lower, if attacker misses I can teleport one square.[/sblock]

ShaggySpellsword

First Post
A dragonborn in full plate, weilding a polearm rushes into the cavern and yells, "Curse! Another of these foul creatures!"

The dragonborn charges in and strikes at the worm from over Aridha's shoulder. The blow is only glancing, but is enough to get the worm's attention.

"Need help with this beast?

[sblock=OOC]Move Action: walk to 35, 60
Standard Action: Charge with Controlling Thrust to 55, 601d20+22=33, 8d4+9=29. Miss: Worm takes 14 damage and is marked (overriding Morgrim's mark) until the end of my next turn. If he takes a move action before the end of my next turn, I get a free attack on him (+21 vs. AC; 4d4+9 and Cancel move action). Or due to the mark, if he attacks an ally or tries to move away I get a melee basic attack on him (+21 vs. AC; 2d4+9).

[sblock=Quick Sheet]Initiative +13

Hit Points 144/144
Temporary HP 0
Healing Surges 12/12

Action Points 1
Item Daily Powers Used 0/2
Milestones 0

Resist All 2
Armor Class 35
Fortitude 31
Reflex 29
Will 30

OA :melee: valiant strike +23+1 per enemy adjacent to me, 2d4+2d6+9 (4d12+29 crit.): Use this when not using holy strike.
or
:melee: holy strike +23, 2d4+2d6+9 radiant (4d12+29 crit.); +4 damage if target is marked. Use this when enemy is marked or vulnerable vs. radiant

Passive Perception 24
Passive Insight 29

[SBLOCK=Power Tracker]Second Wind
Channel Divinity
Dragon Breath
Leveraging Strike
Piericng Smite
Ruby Scabbard
Student of the Sword
Warrior's Challenge
Whirlwind Smite

Bloodied Retribution
xControlling Thrust
Marking Stance
Martyr's Retribution
Polearm Sweep
Reaching Stance
Sacred Circle
Turn the Tide

Lightning Javelin +3
Opportunistic Glaive +4
Warsheath Specter Plate +4[/SBLOCK][/sblock][/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
(OOC - Or I can act. :) Sorry about the lull...I did post that I was away from home over in the Talk forum though. Anyway, back now.)

Aridha signals her tiger with a quick gesture, then surges forward jabbing at the immense worm! At the same time, Ratheros lunges with claws bared!

The elder worm's hide is thick though, and neither strike finds anything useful to punch into in that vast, pulsating bulk.

(Attack rolls: Ratheros 33, Aridha 29 Roll Lookup )

With a snarl, Aridha decides to try to scramble up the embankment onto the ledge, in hopes of coordinating better with Ratheros on the next strike!

(Athletics check: 29 Roll Lookup )

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
Round 3:

Phased by Kanriel's mental assult the coils of the worm fall still.
The blows of Dwarf and Dragonborn bounce off the creatures hide barely scoring it. Ardiha fares even worse, and as she scampers nimbly up the cliff the Great beast turns to bite at her. The move gives the Dragonborn an opening, and again his glaive nicks the creatures hide.

It turns and with another shrill opens its mouth wide enough that the Dragonborn's armor does not avail him...
[sblock] Bite 9+23=32 v reflex, 16 damage - Rhogar immobilized until escape[/sblock]

Initiatives & Status

Morgrim 20
[sblock] hp 135/139 Surges 15/16 AP=1
powers used
Appalling Crunch - MISS
Landslide strike

[/sblock]
Draxius 17
[sblock] hp 130/130 surges 8/8 AP=1
Holy Lantern
Astral Shield [/sblock]

Kanriel 16
[sblock] hp 100/100; surges; 8/8 AP=1
powers used
Mesmeric Hold - HIT
Fey Step
Combust

[/sblock]
Rhogar Thunderscale 14 - Grabbed (immobilized until escape)
[sblock] hp 128/144 healing surges 12/12
Controlling Lunge - MISS
[/sblock]
Round 4

Aridha 35 :
[sblock] hp 120/120 Surges 6/7 AP=1
Ratheros hp 174/174 Surges 1/2
powers used:
Beast Rush - 2xMISS
Twin Soul Attack
[/sblock]
Worm 23
[sblock] hp: -141/full ; AP 1/2 AC 35
powers used
OA - 7+23-2= 28 AC
Bite 9+23=32 v reflex
[/sblock]

Last edited:

EvolutionKB

First Post
Morgrim defensively slides along the side of the worm, giving the elf's cat a grin on his way. He throws his craghammer into the air and in one motion, pulls his throwing hammer from his back and hurls it point blank at the worm. The hammer merely bounces off the thick hide and as the hammer returns to his hand, he tucks it away again. The heads of his craghammers become a blur as he strikes again and again at the worm, hoping it will release it's grip on the dragonborn.

[sblock=Actions]Move to 70,45, using pass forward utility power(no OA as long as I stay adjacient). Action point to make standard action(this triggers my throwing action ability from my PP, letting me make a ranged basic attack w/o provoking OA. Throwing hammer: Miss, 5 damage. Mark.

Roll Lookup
Both standard actions are used to make attacks, two-fold torment and boggling smash.

Two fold torment(Two attacks): Miss(5 damage) and 38 to hit(30 damage)
Roll Lookup

Edit: Two fold torment can only be used against a pair of creatures. I can reroll and use for a twin strike, or you can just subtract 7 from the second damage roll(for a total of 23, plus 5 more from the miss)

Boggling Smash: Crit! 56 damage, worm is dazed and takes a -2 to attacks until the end of my next turn. Roll Lookup

Same reactions as before: Unbreakable if hit(reduce damage by 10), or cloak of displacement if it is a crit.(reroll attack, if miss, I teleport one square.)
[/sblock]
[sblock=Stats]
Hit Points: 135/139 Bloodied: 69
Healing Surges: 15/16 Healing Surge hp gained:39 HP
Action Points: 0
Speed: 5 squares

Armor Class: 34(36 until hit)
Fortitude Defense: 33
Reflex Defense: 31(33 until hit)
Will Defense: 30
Two-fold Torment, +22 vs AC(two attacks, must be against two targets), 1d10+17/1d10+15, push 3 squares and if have CA do 2 extra damage on each hit.
Appalling Crunch, +22 vs AC, 3d10+17, enemies within 2 squares of the target are marked. gain 5 temp hp (expended)
Landslide Strike, Can shift two squares before the attacks +22/21 vs AC(two attacks), 2d10+19/2d10+17(melee, main/off), or +21 vs AC(two ranged attacks, different targets), 2d8+16. (EXPENDED)
Boggling Smash, +22 vs AC, 3d10+22, the target is dazed and takes a -2 to attacks until end of my next turn.(expended)
Unbreakable, Immed Reaction, when hit by an attack, reduce the damage by 10
Bolstering Stride, Move action, Move 5 squares, ending adjacient to an ally and gain 2d8+5 temp hp.
Strikebacks(Immed React): Make a melee basic att against an adjacient foe that hits me. (expended)

Defensive Resurgance: Minor Action. I can spend a healing surge and gain a +2 to AC until the start of my next turn.
Spitting Cobra Stance: Minor Action, As an opportunity action you can make a ranged basic attack against any enemy within 5 squares that moves closer to you.
Quicksilver Stance: Minor Action, I can shift one square as a move action and make a basic attack, if I have combat advantage the attack does an extra 4 damage
Smash and Grab: Must have a hand free, +22 vs AC, 3d10+22 and I grab the target, each time I sustain the grab I do 1d10+17 damage.
Eruption of Steel: (Melee. Two attacks, main/off)+22/21 vs AC. 2d10+19/2d10+18(miss half damage). Make a secondary attack against a different creature +22/21 vs AC. 1d10+19/1d10+18(miss half damage)
If ranged: Primary attacks: +21/+21 vs AC. 2d8+16/2d8+16(miss for half): Secondary attacks, must be against two different targets: +21/+21 vs AC. 1d8+16/1d8+16(miss for half)

Voidcrystal Armor: Immed Reaction, use when att misses my AC. Weapon used to attack does half dam(save ends), if attacker was unarmed, instead they take ongoing 10 dam(save ends)
Battering Craghammer: Make a melee basic attack vs all enemies in a blast 3.
Dwarven Boots(Immed Inter): Use when power would push, pull, slide, or knock prone. Attacker rerolls and used second attack even if lower.
Cloak of displacement: II: Use when hit by melee or ranged att, Attacker must reroll and use second result even if lower, if attacker misses I can teleport one square. [/sblock]

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
Another dragonborn hustles after the paladin. This one has silvery white scales that become golden at their edges. His wyrmscalemail shows the same coloration and he uses a massive sword. An astral shield flows nearby and a heavenly light follows him.

[sblock=OOC]
Here I am. Just rolling Initiative for now.
Initiative (1d20+13=17)

Do you allow me starting with astral shield and holy lantern activated
(he activated them and is therefore a bit late ;))

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Draxius
Perception: 24 Insight: 28 low-light Vision
AC 37 Fortitude 30 Reflex 29 Will 29
Hit Points: 130 / 130 Bloodied: 65
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Healing Surge: 33 Surges per day: 8 / 8

I slash out my used powers on the CS.

[/sblock][/sblock]

ShaggySpellsword

First Post
Rhogar, in the jaws of the beast, decides to take a gamble and jab his glaive into the worm's maw with great force. The blow hits something soft inside the worm, causing him to drop Rhogar and recoil with pain. In it's haste to get away, it rolls akwardly, leaving itself exposed, ripping some gashes in its side from the surrounding rubble.

He walks up to Morgrim and says, "I guess he didn't like my taste."

[sblock=OOC]
Standard: Use Leveraging Strike. 1d20+21=37, 4d4+9=21 HIT! 21 damage and I slide the Worm back into it's tunnel 6 squares (or wherever seems convienient to get me out of his reach and, therefore, out of his grab). He then falls prone and takes an additional 5 damage.
Minor+Move: Flex my awesome Dragonborn muscles and move to 70, 50.

Worm: hp: -251/full; marked by Morgrim, Prone
Rhogar: 128/144

[sblock=Quick Sheet]Initiative +13

Hit Points 128/144
Temporary HP 0
Healing Surges 12/12

Action Points 1
Item Daily Powers Used 0/2
Milestones 0

Resist All 2
Armor Class 35
Fortitude 31
Reflex 29
Will 30

OA :melee: valiant strike +23+1 per enemy adjacent to me, 2d4+2d6+9 (4d12+29 crit.): Use this when not using holy strike.
or
:melee: holy strike +23, 2d4+2d6+9 radiant (4d12+29 crit.); +4 damage if target is marked. Use this when enemy is marked or vulnerable vs. radiant

Passive Perception 24
Passive Insight 29

[SBLOCK=Power Tracker]Second Wind
Channel Divinity
Dragon Breath
xLeveraging Strike
Piericng Smite
Ruby Scabbard
Student of the Sword
Warrior's Challenge
Whirlwind Smite

Bloodied Retribution