Aftermath of the Celestial War [4e] (Everyone)

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
Round 4

A crackling wall of electricity forms in and around the worm.

The Dragonborn's polearm pushes it back through one wall and nearly outside a second crackling fence.

[sblock]
Worm: hp: -261/full; marked by Morgrim, Prone
[/sblock]

Aridha 35 :
Worm 23 :

Attachments

• worm4.JPG
    worm4.JPG
    61.5 KB · Views: 203

Shayuri

First Post
"Ratheros, go!" Aridha shouts. As the tiger gathers itself and leaps at the retreating monster, she jumps down from the ledge and takes advantage of her companion's toothy, fangy distraction to move into position as well.

(Aridha uses Move action to jump down from ledge: Athletics check 23. Using Feral Diversion. Beast shifts 3 squares to 45,80 and attacks: to hit 42, for 16 damage. All rolls: Roll Lookup . After attack, Aridha shifts 3 squares to 55,80 as a free action. Oh, +7 damage for Hunter's Quarry...almost forgot. :) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1878341/ )

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
Ratheros glances back, hestitating before dashing through the crackling wall, but will, if you confirm
[sblock]
Ratheros & you will take 10 dmg.
You both can shift into difficult terrain right? and its a DC 20 acrobatics to get off the cliff w/o falling damage. I think the Storm cage is 30' high so you would go through it as well.
[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
(OOC - mew...forgot about the storm cage. Actually, since we're starting our turn adjacent to it, we take the damage anyway, and we dont' take more damage from going through it again...so we might as well. Darn mages and their darn spells. :) Both Rath and I can shift freely through difficult terrain, and my Acrobatics modifier is only 1 less than my Athletics, so you can use that roll for it if you want. Result would be 22.)

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
The Worm Turns

Tiger and elf take damage again as they move through the lightning storm to reach the worm. The tigers claws bite into the scarred and healed hide of the great beast.
The worm writhes looping over itself, ignoring the blows from Ardidha and her friend, and takes off down the tunnel at great speed. A bend in the tunnel obscures it from your sight.
[sblock] take 10 damage, stand, move 6, take 10 damage
Both OA’s miss: 1d20+23=31 (Adridha) ; 1d20+25=33 (Ratheros)
Action Point to run. The worm is 14 squares from Aridha and out of sight. [/sblock]

Initiatives & Status

Morgrim 20
[sblock] hp 135/139 Surges 15/16 AP=1
powers used
Appalling Crunch - MISS
Landslide strike

[/sblock]
Draxius 17
[sblock] hp 130/130 surges 8/8 AP=1
Holy Lantern
Astral Shield [/sblock]

Kanriel 16
[sblock] hp 100/100; surges; 8/8 AP=1
powers used
Mesmeric Hold - HIT
Fey Step
Combust

[/sblock]
Rhogar Thunderscale 14 -
[sblock] hp 128/144 healing surges 12/12
Leveraging Stirke - Hit
Controlling Lunge - MISS
[/sblock]
Round 4

Aridha 35 :
[sblock] hp 100/120 Surges 6/7 AP=1
Ratheros hp 154/174 Surges 1/2
powers used:
OA 2xmiss
Beast Rush
Twin Soul Attack
[/sblock]
Worm 23
[sblock] hp: -296/full (not bloodied) ; AP 0/2 AC 35
powers used
[/sblock][/QUOTE]

EvolutionKB

First Post
Morgrim, not knowing whether the worm had fled for good, or was merely biding it's time to come at them from another angle, moves closer to Aridha, giving himself energy from his ally's prescence. "Be ready, it might return!" He yells and the others, both familiar and newly arrived. Holding his hammers ready, he awaits the creatures return.

[sblock=Actions]Bolstering stride to move near Aridha. Gain 16 temp hp. Roll Lookup
Ready attack to twin strike worm if in melee or throw hammer throwing hammer if out of melee range. Normally I couldn't have either situation, but because I can draw and stow weapons as a free action, I believe it works out fine. If I get to twin strike, I'll use my bloodclaw craghammer to gain the extra damage, sacrificing 4 hp for an extra 8 damage. Don't forget hammer rhythm on a miss. Immediate reaction still goes to either cloak of displacement if a crit, otherwise unbreakable.[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]
Hit Points: 135/139 Bloodied: 69
Healing Surges: 15/16 Healing Surge hp gained:39 HP
Action Points: 0
Speed: 5 squares

Armor Class: 34(36 until hit)
Fortitude Defense: 33
Reflex Defense: 31(33 until hit)
Will Defense: 30
Two-fold Torment, +22 vs AC(two attacks, must be against two targets), 1d10+17/1d10+15, push 3 squares and if have CA do 2 extra damage on each hit.
Appalling Crunch, +22 vs AC, 3d10+17, enemies within 2 squares of the target are marked. gain 5 temp hp (expended)
Landslide Strike, Can shift two squares before the attacks +22/21 vs AC(two attacks), 2d10+19/2d10+17(melee, main/off), or +21 vs AC(two ranged attacks, different targets), 2d8+16. (EXPENDED)
Boggling Smash, +22 vs AC, 3d10+22, the target is dazed and takes a -2 to attacks until end of my next turn.(expended)
Unbreakable, Immed Reaction, when hit by an attack, reduce the damage by 10
Bolstering Stride, Move action, Move 5 squares, ending adjacient to an ally and gain 2d8+5 temp hp.(EXPENDED)
Strikebacks(Immed React): Make a melee basic att against an adjacient foe that hits me. (expended)

Defensive Resurgance: Minor Action. I can spend a healing surge and gain a +2 to AC until the start of my next turn.
Spitting Cobra Stance: Minor Action, As an opportunity action you can make a ranged basic attack against any enemy within 5 squares that moves closer to you.
Quicksilver Stance: Minor Action, I can shift one square as a move action and make a basic attack, if I have combat advantage the attack does an extra 4 damage
Smash and Grab: Must have a hand free, +22 vs AC, 3d10+22 and I grab the target, each time I sustain the grab I do 1d10+17 damage.
Eruption of Steel: (Melee. Two attacks, main/off)+22/21 vs AC. 2d10+19/2d10+18(miss half damage). Make a secondary attack against a different creature +22/21 vs AC. 1d10+19/1d10+18(miss half damage)
If ranged: Primary attacks: +21/+21 vs AC. 2d8+16/2d8+16(miss for half): Secondary attacks, must be against two different targets: +21/+21 vs AC. 1d8+16/1d8+16(miss for half)

Voidcrystal Armor: Immed Reaction, use when att misses my AC. Weapon used to attack does half dam(save ends), if attacker was unarmed, instead they take ongoing 10 dam(save ends)
Battering Craghammer: Make a melee basic attack vs all enemies in a blast 3.
Dwarven Boots(Immed Inter): Use when power would push, pull, slide, or knock prone. Attacker rerolls and used second attack even if lower.
Cloak of displacement: II: Use when hit by melee or ranged att, Attacker must reroll and use second result even if lower, if attacker misses I can teleport one square. [/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
Aridha nods warily and backs up from the hole, bringing Ratheros to heel.

She brings a finger to her lips in the nigh-universal gesture for 'quiet,' then closes her eyes as she tries to listen for the monster's presence.

Perception: 36
Roll Lookup
(2 rolls due to Pack Alertness; used the higher of both rolls)

Walking Dad

First Post
As Draxius finally reaches the others, he asks: "Is anyone already badly hurt? What was this thing?"

[sblock=OOC]

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Draxius
Perception: 24 Insight: 28 low-light Vision
AC 37 Fortitude 30 Reflex 29 Will 29
Hit Points: 130 / 130 Bloodied: 65
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Healing Surge: 33 Surges per day: 8 / 8

I slash out my used powers on the CS.

[/sblock][/sblock]

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
For a long moment no one answers -
As the sound of the great worm slowly fade into the distance. It is indeed gone, and the Patriarch of Pelor with it.
The rush of adrenaline fades from your bodies, and even so short a battle leaves you feeling momentarily drained.

You all notice the distinctive heraldry of the two dragonborn. It marks them as two of the Vigilant - a holy order of powerful dragonborn sworn to Bahamut.

Kanriel Starlight
[sblock] Religion 32.
The Vigilant numbered only seven originally, and word reached you in the feywild that they were under siege, pursued by the forces of darkness.
Although no reason was given for the pursuit, you sense a powerful aura around the two of them.
[/sblock]

Aridha [sblock] Nature 23
It was a Purple worm, (ref MM 214) Its scars showed that it was an ancient beast that had survived more than one deadly encounter. The Patriarch is surely dead, but the worm will be digesting for several hours. [/sblock]

Montrim [sblock] Nature untrained 14+11+2 = 27
It might have been the "Waiting Dark" a story told to frighten young dwarves and gnomes, a purple worm of great viciousness. It is said to be second in size and power to the greatest Worm of the Deep. If it was the "Waiting Dark" it may follow for days before striking again. [/sblock]

You are close to the borders of the Drow city: The city is a single large cavern.
The Drow within are divided into feuding noble families, rival merchant houses, opposing warrior societies, and occasional rampaging demon. All that was when things were going smoothly. A strategy for crossing the city would be helpful.

Last edited:

EvolutionKB

First Post
Morgrim

Morgrim sheathes his hammers and crosses his arms over his chest. "We have lost one, but only one. It could have been worse. As to what creature it may be, my ancestors and those I dwell with tell stories of a great worm like this, called The Waiting Dark. It's patience it legendary, it may wait days to strike at us again."

The dwarf flexes his fists, the blood that had flowed there from his hammer had stopped, but his right fist was still crusted with dried blood. He addresses the pair of dragonborn. "I do not know why you came to us in our time of need, but I am thankful. We journey to the drow city nearby, to investigate the rumors that we have heard of Lloth. For where are you bound?"

Remove ads