Afternoon (3:30p - 8p) To the Earth's Core! - Hollow Earth Expedition

Afternoon (3:30p - 8p) To the Earth's Core! - Hollow Earth Expedition

The year is 1936. The place is the Australian Outback. And you've just arrived as a member of Professor Scrumtumbler's expedition. Exactly where are you headed? Straight to Adventure!

The Hollow Earth Expedition emphasizes cinematic role-playing and pulpy daring-do.

*Note: This module was run at HeroCon in Baltimore, MD Fall 2008.*

The characters:
  • The Aristocratic Hunter
  • The Wily Engineer
  • The Arrogant Doctor
  • The Mobster on the Lam
  • The Sharp-Tongued Reporter
  • The Simple-Minded Soldier
  • The Inexperienced College Student
slot 1: Rodrigo Istalindir
slot 2: Dire Wolf
slot 3: Fraisala
slot 4: elprocrastinator
slot 5: OPEN
slot 6: OPEN

alt 1: OPEN
alt 2: OPEN

Last edited:

Dire Wolf

First Post
I'm interested in playing in this game as well. I am a little nervous that counting me there are only 2 players... but what the hay! Sign me up!

Here's the super-quick write-up of the game, as played at DC Gameday. Please note that if you're interested in playing in this game (which I will probably run again, b/c I have all of the Legos needed to run it!), please don't read any further....

The heroes:
The Aristocratic Hunter
The Wily Engineer
The Mobster on the Lam
The Simple-Minded Soldier
The Inexperienced College Student

The heroes dispatched with the villianous German Army after (a) beating many of their soldiers up, (b) running the phototype drill through the side of the workshop, and (c) narrowly hitting the new drill with the phototype drill.

The College Student remained topside to deal with the captured Germans and keep the hired help from running off. He also performed his first aid on everyone who needed it, prior to their descending after the captured Professor.

Two days later, the team surfaced in a world where the sun never set. They were attached by 2 pterosaurs. Cody Sullivan was seriously injured in the attack. Other members were injured, but not fatally. Which is excellent considering that no one in this team had first aid (except Cody, who's now very gravely injured).

The team followed the soldiers' path to a Spanish fort. Not wasting any time, they bypassed the fort---staying hot on the heels of the Germans. Continuing on the path, they crossed over a bridge with a Plesiosaur waiting below for a light snack. The team dispatched the animal and later found themselves at the site of an old temple.

The team entered the Nazi-guarded temple and rescued the Professor using some antics worth of Indiana Jones, The Mummy's Rick O'Connell, and Buster Keaton. Sliding down the stairs on a tobaggan-like board to surprise the enemy? Check. Rolling barrals down the second flight of stairs to knock out arriving Nazis? Check. Setting in motion a series of events to destory the entire temple? Check.

The heroes with the Professor returned to the Spanish fort, which welcomed the "only Christians they'd seen in these God-forsaken land in years!" It seems that they'd uncovered a mysterious fountain that prevents them from dying...

And, just as the heroes were determining their next move, the camera (because this is a movie, y'all) pans back to the earth drills---showing only carcases. The camera descends underground to show the Mole Men carrying their scrap.

*cue symphonic heroic end-movie music*

Remove ads