Against the Shadows VII - A Faded Glory Story Hour (Re-Updated - 5/17)

What Do You Like Best About This Story Hour?

• The Campaign World

Votes: 6 11.8%
  • The Characters

Votes: 2 3.9%
  • The Multitude of Plot Lines

• The Narrative/Action

Votes: 4 7.8%
  • The Whole Package!

Votes: 27 52.9%
  • Nothing! It Sucks!

Tortoise

First Post
Phil,

Best to contact me by phone for now. I'm without a regular email service for the time being. I ditched my broadband and have decided to go without for a while.

If you lack my cell phone number, say so here and I'll try reaching you by phone.

Jim

Old One said:
Hmmm...it might be a bit longer for that :p!

Don't worry, I think I've sussed out enough of your DMing (and story writing) style to realise that any explanation might be a while down the track.

And this ..

Next: Session 27 (Part Six) - Far More Questions than Answers

just proves my point. :)

Great stuff, as ever, OO. Keep it coming.

Old One

First Post
HalfOrc HalfBiscuit said:
Don't worry, I think I've sussed out enough of your DMing (and story writing) style to realise that any explanation might be a while down the track.

And this ..

just proves my point. :)

Great stuff, as ever, OO. Keep it coming.

Hah! Yeah...my favorite way to describe this campaign is "wheels within wheels within wheels." Just when the PCs think they have something figured out...something else rears its ugly head.

The one (valid) complaint that I received from the players is that things never slowed down...that they felt they could never catch their collective breaths...so I have tried a couple of times to "downshift" the campaign into a lower gear.

Unfortunately, I am not sure I succeeded :p!

~ OO

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Old One said:
The one (valid) complaint that I received from the players is that things never slowed down...that they felt they could never catch their collective breaths...so I have tried a couple of times to "downshift" the campaign into a lower gear.

I'm guilty of this as well. The entire second half of my Faded Glory campaign was "full speed ahead and damn the torpedos!" The PC's were always on task (at least) or putting out fires. This time around (in the Eberron campaign I'm currently running), I've moved to a more episodic pace where there are brief periods of intense action followed by 1-4 weeks of downtime during which the PC's can take care of other business and events in the world can unfold.

It isn't just the players who feel like they get a breather. I'm actually able to convey a better sense of the world by virtue of various holidays and anniversaries passing by instead of the party advancing 10 levels over the course of 6 months.

Old One

First Post
Rel said:
I'm guilty of this as well. The entire second half of my Faded Glory campaign was "full speed ahead and damn the torpedos!" The PC's were always on task (at least) or putting out fires.

Hmmm...maybe it is just something about Faded Glory ;)! That is definitely something I plan to adjust when the campaign picks up again...slowing down the frenetic pace.

~ OO

Baron Opal

First Post
Wow, that took me a month of sporadic reading, but I finally made it. This is a great campaign, Old One. It realy seems that your players are having a great time.

When the web page of your homebrew comes up let us know. I'm looking forward to that as well.

After reading Rel's storyhour, I notice his continual reccomendation of this one, and I'm glad I checked it out.

I've just re-started my homebrew campaign after a three-month hiatus, and we only play once every two weeks, if that. I can appreciate how frustrating it can be to have all of these great ideas knocking aboutin your head, impatient for the players to come across them.

Baron Opal

Remove ads