Against the Shadows VII - A Faded Glory Story Hour (Re-Updated - 5/17)

What Do You Like Best About This Story Hour?

• The Campaign World

Votes: 6 11.8%
  • The Characters

Votes: 2 3.9%
  • The Multitude of Plot Lines

• The Narrative/Action

Votes: 4 7.8%
  • The Whole Package!

Votes: 27 52.9%
  • Nothing! It Sucks!

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Does anybody else here feel all warm and fuzzy inside? ;) I mean except for Old One of course because there's no way he could feel good about the incredibly interesting world he's crafted and shared since he hasn't posted an update in a dog's age. :] ;)

Old One

First Post
Rel said:
Does anybody else here feel all warm and fuzzy inside? ;) I mean except for Old One of course because there's no way he could feel good about the incredibly interesting world he's crafted and shared since he hasn't posted an update in a dog's age. :] ;)

Careful, Skippy...I know where you live :p!

BTW, I am contemplating how to kill you...er...your PC...for the next NC Game Day :]...

~ OO

Richard Rawen

First Post
Old One said:
Careful, Skippy...I know where you live :p!

BTW, I am contemplating how to kill you...er...your PC...for the next NC Game Day :]...

~ OO

Rel said:
Bring it.

Can't you just Feel the Love!? :p

btw OO, as a father of four kids & small business owner I comiserate with your lack of time... I have endured and rejoiced at the strain of raising these little monsters, 2 of each specie, one of each specie now having attained that joyful tragedy known as teenager, the last two being twins approaching 11.
Your comments reminded me of their swaddling years and I spoke with my kids about "back in the day" this weekend. I reminisced about having my 6'4" son wrapped tightly (burrito baby!) and pressed to my chest to keep him warm and let me get some sleep while he wide-eyed looked at my beard and sucked his fist till he dropped into slumber - lulled by my heartbeat and saving us from his ear piercing complaints.

My gaming group finally relented in teasing me about having spit-up cloths draped accross my shoulder (sometimes Both shoulders with the twins!). I remember one session where the tension of many perilous encounters was coming to a head and then, amazingly, they overcame the odds, survived the BBEG and emerged victorious!!!... yet because my youngest daughter Finally snoozed in my lap they were limited to gently high-five and quietly 'huzzah' and eventually went outside (in the rain) to whoop and holler :lol:
Annnnyways, good times :D
This weekend also marked the fourth session of our first family adventure, which has been really kinda fun to watch the interaction :) I am struggling with notes from my "big kids night" as the lure of SH writer calls me... but maybe my kids adventures would present a more entertaining story? :)
Well, I just wanted to wish you and yours God's Blessings as you come to your second Christmas season with Lilly & Alex, may you and Mrs. OO find as much joy in the little people in your life as I have in mine!

Blessings,
Richard
M < > <

Richard Rawen said:
Can't you just Feel the Love!? :p

btw OO, as a father of four kids & small business owner I comiserate with your lack of time... I have endured and rejoiced at the strain of raising these little monsters, 2 of each specie, one of each specie now having attained that joyful tragedy known as teenager, the last two being twins approaching 11.
Your comments reminded me of their swaddling years and I spoke with my kids about "back in the day" this weekend. I reminisced about having my 6'4" son wrapped tightly (burrito baby!) and pressed to my chest to keep him warm and let me get some sleep while he wide-eyed looked at my beard and sucked his fist till he dropped into slumber - lulled by my heartbeat and saving us from his ear piercing complaints.

My gaming group finally relented in teasing me about having spit-up cloths draped accross my shoulder (sometimes Both shoulders with the twins!). I remember one session where the tension of many perilous encounters was coming to a head and then, amazingly, they overcame the odds, survived the BBEG and emerged victorious!!!... yet because my youngest daughter Finally snoozed in my lap they were limited to gently high-five and quietly 'huzzah' and eventually went outside (in the rain) to whoop and holler :lol:
Annnnyways, good times :D
This weekend also marked the fourth session of our first family adventure, which has been really kinda fun to watch the interaction :) I am struggling with notes from my "big kids night" as the lure of SH writer calls me... but maybe my kids adventures would present a more entertaining story? :)
Well, I just wanted to wish you and yours God's Blessings as you come to your second Christmas season with Lilly & Alex, may you and Mrs. OO find as much joy in the little people in your life as I have in mine!

Blessings,
Richard
M < > <

Quiet 'huzzah's' and high fives.....funny, but what a cruel situation to be in!

Surely the number of time the kids have been noisy when you wanted quiet gives you this perfect opportunity for revenge?

How many parents get to keep their kids awake at night? :lol:

Richard Rawen

First Post
heh heh... just wait

"
Surely the number of time the kids have been noisy when you wanted quiet gives you this perfect opportunity for revenge?

How many parents get to keep their kids awake at night?
"

how many parents indeed... yet, two things to remember:
One, grown men have stopped a brawl because someone told them a baby was sleeping, I've seen it... you can never underestimate the power of the sleeping baby, nor can you understand the power until it is upon you . . . :uhoh: ;)

Two, when it takes HOURS to get a kid to sleep, and you KNOW that once they wake up they will take a long time to get Back To Sleep... a long time of crying and griping and requiring mucho attention... somehow you will do anything to Not Wake the Baby!

Trust me on this... until you have your own little bundle of diapers, erm, I mean Joy, just trust me.

Blessings,
Richard
M < > <

Oh, and this is my last baby post... I feel that we have hijacked this thread and all this talk of cute little people has scared away the heroes!

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Richard Rawen said:
Oh, and this is my last baby post... I feel that we have hijacked this thread and all this talk of cute little people has scared away the heroes!

I've got one left: We never made any attempt to be quiet around our daughter when she was sleeping. Playing the TV or stereo, vacuuming and having loud conversations were all common when she was a wee bairn. As a result, she can sleep through anything and we never have to tiptoe around to avoid waking her.

I recommend it.

Richard Rawen

First Post
Birthday Bump

Yes, it is my Birthday, and for my present to you all, I hereby
BUMP
this thread back into activity - please?

In any case,
Blessings of Peace and a Merry Christmas to you all,
Richard
M < > <

Remove ads