Against the Shadows VII - A Faded Glory Story Hour (Re-Updated - 5/17)

What Do You Like Best About This Story Hour?

• The Campaign World

Votes: 6 11.8%
  • The Characters

Votes: 2 3.9%
  • The Multitude of Plot Lines

• The Narrative/Action

Votes: 4 7.8%
  • The Whole Package!

Votes: 27 52.9%
  • Nothing! It Sucks!

Old One

First Post
Baron Opal said:
Wow, that took me a month of sporadic reading, but I finally made it. This is a great campaign, Old One. It realy seems that your players are having a great time.

When the web page of your homebrew comes up let us know. I'm looking forward to that as well.

After reading Rel's storyhour, I notice his continual reccomendation of this one, and I'm glad I checked it out.

I've just re-started my homebrew campaign after a three-month hiatus, and we only play once every two weeks, if that. I can appreciate how frustrating it can be to have all of these great ideas knocking aboutin your head, impatient for the players to come across them.

Baron Opal

Good Baron,

Thanks for stopping by...and thanks for wading through all those posts! I have 2 busy travel weeks coming up, but hope to get some more updated soon.

~ OO

Darklone

Rel said:
I'm guilty of this as well. The entire second half of my Faded Glory campaign was "full speed ahead and damn the torpedos!" The PC's were always on task (at least) or putting out fires.
Way to go. Give players time to relax and they start fighting each other ;)

Lela

First Post
Old One said:
Hmmm...maybe it is just something about Faded Glory ;)! That is definitely something I plan to adjust when the campaign picks up again...slowing down the frenetic pace.

~ OO
Nah, I do it too. Rel, any hints on how you got around it?

Old One

First Post
Has it been 6 weeks?

Damn!

I can't believe it has been 6 weeks since I updated...I need to get off my duff and make that happen...especially since I have "big travel" looming on the horizon...Minneapolis, St. Louis, Italy (did I say Italy??? :D), Charleston, Norfolk, West Point (Ny), Ft. Knox (KY) and Wilmington (NC) all in the next 2 months.

I am also busily training for the Army 10-miler Run on 10/2 (that's right...10 miles...if my old, broken down 43-year old body can make it that far ;)!

Hopefully, an update is in the offing soon....;)!

~ OO

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Lela said:
Nah, I do it too. Rel, any hints on how you got around it?

I never managed to slow things down in my FG campaign. They got a couple days off near the buzzer to ID the horde of magic items they scored from the Shadow Dragon before it was off to fight a godling.

In my current campaign (Sharn based Eberron that has now moved to Xen'Drik) I made things more compartmentalized and episodic. They would undertake a specific "adventure" for 2-4 game nights and then I'd have 2-3 weeks of time pass wherein they could undertake other pursuits before things gelled again for another adventure. This let them work their individual goals without having to take a lot of time away from the main event for it and also let me progress events in the background of the campaign.

Most of the stuff the players did during that time was handled via e-mail. And I would crank out a front page of the Sharn newspaper as a way to showcase the big events of the world and city for that time period.

However, after the TPK they suffered in the way to Xen'Drik, things have started to revert to my old style again. The current party is very action focused and they suck at social skills (aside from the Gnome Sorcerer the highest Cha in the party is 8) so the less they talk to people the better. And they have now ventured into dangerous territory so that there is little opportunity for rest and downtime. I'm going to have to see if I can find a way to insert some anyway, but this group needs it a lot less than the previous batch of characters did.

Old One

First Post
Two months+ and no update?

Who is the slack-a$$ author of this SH?

Me? Oh...nevermind :p!

Hey gang...just a quick update on OO happenings (not that anyone cares ;)):

(1) The original Faded Glory campaign is on long-term hiatus...my current work/travel/family schedule does not allow me to do proper justice for a regular TT game (that's the bad news).

(2) There is still ~ 10 session worth of action left to catch-up on...and life slows down a bit after Thanksgiving, so I hope to have some writing time then. This means there is actually some FG goodness left out there.

(3) I am getting a bit of a gaming fix with Wulf's GT Slavelords of Cydonia PbP and Ragboy's upcoming GT: Hyboria PbP...

(4) I am working on a NWN version of Faded Glory for my old Charlotte-based gaming group...gives me something to do on all those long airline flights ;)!

Hope everyone is well...watch this space for more posts in the not too distant future.

~ OO

PS - Henry...finish your Faded Glory SH, slacker!

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Old One said:
(4) I am working on a NWN version of Faded Glory for my old Charlotte-based gaming group...gives me something to do on all those long airline flights ;)!

I'll have some of that too, please!

As an interesting coincidence, Lazarius and I were chatting on Friday as we played some NWN about trying to finish the Glynden mod that we started a couple years ago. It is close to done and we need to try and reap the rewards from all our efforts. I'll trade with ya!

Old One

First Post
Rel said:
I'll have some of that too, please!

As an interesting coincidence, Lazarius and I were chatting on Friday as we played some NWN about trying to finish the Glynden mod that we started a couple years ago. It is close to done and we need to try and reap the rewards from all our efforts. I'll trade with ya!

You're on...although you will probably be giving better than you get, initially ;)!

I have a bunch of areas mapped out at the macro level and have swiped a bunch of others, but I still need to do the fine detail work.

~ OO

Richard Rawen

First Post
A 'Finally Caught Up!' Bump

After immensely enjoying Rel's FG sh (and it's constant nods to OO for the setting) I decided to wander in and sample the waters...
A Month later I can honestly say Thank You to Rel for the nudge(s) and
WOW
to Old One for a great story and lots of fun mind bending twists.
The comment about the mirror-image game is really true, after the adventures in the Northlands I found myself really enjoying this 'other' FG setting. It is almost as if you two had planned to explore this world for us by dividing the setting between you! (Yes, I know it is Old One's setting, Rel never passed an opportunity to credit OO, but by chance I read Rel's take first...)

Well... I'm Anxiously awaiting our heroes reaction to these latest developments in their out-of-control world. Continued kudos for a well wrought world!

Blessings,
Richard
M < > <

Old One

First Post
Richard Rawen said:
After immensely enjoying Rel's FG sh (and it's constant nods to OO for the setting) I decided to wander in and sample the waters...
A Month later I can honestly say Thank You to Rel for the nudge(s) and
WOW
to Old One for a great story and lots of fun mind bending twists.
The comment about the mirror-image game is really true, after the adventures in the Northlands I found myself really enjoying this 'other' FG setting. It is almost as if you two had planned to explore this world for us by dividing the setting between you! (Yes, I know it is Old One's setting, Rel never passed an opportunity to credit OO, but by chance I read Rel's take first...)

Well... I'm Anxiously awaiting our heroes reaction to these latest developments in their out-of-control world. Continued kudos for a well wrought world!

Blessings,
Richard
M < > <

Richard,

Thanks much for your kind words! I appreciate you taking the time to read through everything...I know it is a bit daunting these days :p

Glad you enjoyed and here is to future installments (once I get my head out of you-know-where :D).

~ OO

Remove ads