• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Against the Storm: Luskan (Summoning shaff)

reapersaurus

Explorer
Ubaar looks to make sure the others stay behind him, and trundles down the hallway carefully, shield in front, looking. listening, and smelling for signs of prisoners (Elone).

DM_Matt

First Post
reapersaurus said:
"So you think this is still tha direction ta go?"

If so, Ubaar will pray for a moment or two, and then his features turn into a Lizardman's, and his feet glow a faint white light before he grabs up the shattered door and uses it as a massive shield, in case anything else flies out at them as they advance down the hall.

OOC: Uses Shirt of Alter Self to gain +5 natural armor and 2 claws 1d6, 1 bite 1d6 natural attacks.
Casts Smite on stomp boots (feet) to grant +3 on next attack, +7 to damage

Ubarr advances holding the huge iron door in front of him. The trap activates yet again, and Ubaar is knocked back a step as the heavy iron balls strike and embed themselves in the door. He rapidly ducks behind the shield as he raises it to block the fire entirely. The rest manage to get inside the hall, just in time for the trap to again blast at Ubaar, but the door, intended to be too large for any man to weild, again blocks the damage. The hall ends in an open area, with a door on the left side of the room at the far end. In the corners are four marble columns shaped like human women. In the center, a bespecktacled gnome with a pointy hate and fine blue robes sits croasslegged on a pillow. He looks up at the lot of you, and says "How can I help you? My name is Bowgin. I am the warden around here."

shaff

First Post
OOC: sorry, im back, something was up with my internet, i think i found a way around it though.

IC: "Well hello there Fin. Good thing you came about, it looks like my friends will need help (Rannos motions towards the Grtak). I thank you for the compliment. Now what is this about a disguise? I will be needing one if I am to get back into the temple and help my friends."

reapersaurus

Explorer
DM_Matt said:
"How can I help you? My name is Bowgin. I am the warden around here."
Ubaar says sincerely, with a Lizardman accent,
"You sssssound nicccce.

We issss here to ssssee El-Oh-Nay.
Can we visitsss her, pleassse?
"

DM_Matt

First Post
reapersaurus said:
Ubaar says sincerely, with a Lizardman accent,
"You sssssound nicccce.

We issss here to ssssee El-Oh-Nay.
Can we visitsss her, pleassse?
"

"Elone...El-oh-nay....hmmmm. We might have a prisoner by that name here. Who exactly are you, and how did you get down here?

DM_Matt

First Post
shaff said:
OOC: sorry, im back, something was up with my internet, i think i found a way around it though.

IC: "Well hello there Fin. Good thing you came about, it looks like my friends will need help (Rannos motions towards the Grtak). I thank you for the compliment. Now what is this about a disguise? I will be needing one if I am to get back into the temple and help my friends."

Fin hands Rannos a hat, and says "Put this on and you'll look like anyone you want. Just give it back when you are done."

DM_Matt

First Post
DM_Matt said:
Fin hands Rannos a hat, and says "Put this on and you'll look like anyone you want. Just give it back when you are done."

As you decide, you and Fin walk around outside, and Fin tries to get a peak in. The two of you see the Grtak talking angrily with Shouk and Margaret. The OgreMage backhands Shouk accross the room. One of the Hobgoblins grabs Margaret by the arm and says something to her. She turns around, and a blast of fire erupts from her right hand, striking him in the face. She runs back towards the store, with the others following. He collaspses, holding his face and screaming "My eyes!!!! My eyes. KILL HER!!!" in the language spoken by Storm's more educated minions (Its a combination Goblin, Orcish, Ogrish, and Infernal, along with some technical terms from Common).

reapersaurus

Explorer
DM_Matt said:
"Elone...El-oh-nay....hmmmm. We might have a prisoner by that name here. Who exactly are you, and how did you get down here?
"My name'ss Ubaarsss.
I do work for Sssstorm ssometimesss - I'm on a jobss, and have ssome quesstions for tha elfssie..."

DM_Matt

First Post
"I see. Do you really? Here she is, then." The door at the other side of the room opens and a very tall and muscular human carries Elone in, hodling her around the waist. She looks pretty beat up and is slumped forward. Her feet stumble forward as he moves her.

Another very big human, followed by four smaller robed men, walk through the door that you came in from.

The guy holding Elone pulls her up by her hair.

The large man who just entered speaks to the gnome "Sir, there has been a security breach. Three Grtak came in and alerted us that an apprentice wizard upstairs let several adventuring types into the elevator. They are taking care of her now."

The gnome says "Is that so? Well, then. I suggest that our guests drop all of their weapons and remove their armor before interrogating the elf, or else we'll just be forced to break her neck."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads