• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Against the Storm: Luskan (Summoning shaff)

reapersaurus

Explorer
OOC: Damn - I'd like to play along with the scene here - I think Ubaar's got some items and spells that would be useful, but - after re-reading the description of this room, wouldn't the gnome have SEEN us advancing into the room, with Ubaar carrying the make-shift Door-as-Tower-Shield?
It's hard to direct them back out towards other "adventurers" down here, if that's the case... :(
So here's a provisional post to get my idea across, if it's a useable idea :

Ubaar the lizardman ;) complies with their demands.

"Yesss... we heard a loud noisse ass we went down the elevatorss.

Ubaar'ss ssaw that the door had been broken down - perhapsss they went another way?"

Ubaar wrangles off the large sheath on his back that holds his massive Greatsword.
He gives it to anyone in his party that isn't going in to "interrogate" "Elone".
"Here - hold thisss - Ubaarss find out what elfssie knowsss..."

He's not wearing any armor, and presents himself to the guard holding here - "Where you wantss me to question her?"

Calim

First Post
Ravin is looking around for other possible allies that maybe can be released to aid us in covering our escape.

reapersaurus

Explorer
OOC: should I just assume that the gnome was not aware that it was us that busted our way in there?
I could edit out that ooc in my previous post, if you want, Matt...

DM_Matt

First Post
reapersaurus said:
OOC: should I just assume that the gnome was not aware that it was us that busted our way in there?
I could edit out that ooc in my previous post, if you want, Matt...

Either I miswrote or you misinterpreted, but the gnome was not anywhere where he could have seen you busting in the door. That doesnt necessarily mean that he doesnt know that you busted in, of course, but certainly he did not see it.

DM_Matt

First Post
You hear an alarm sound deeper in the complex, byond this room,

Ubaar reaches Elone. Suddenly she lunges at him. The guard that was holding her takes a swing at him, but he ducks right under it. He swings twice more, smashing Ubaar once in the face (23dmg). Meanwhile, "Elone" tries repeatedly to grapple Ubaar, but fails.

The guards who just entered throw back their cloacks, pull out two already-loaded pistols each, and fire on the party (not Ubaar, who is in melee with their allies, but Ravin, Mecholithi, Kelnar, and the two elves. I may NPC players who seem missing from the boards for now). Ravin is hit twice, but neither shot is all that damaging (9dmg). Another shot hits Metholithi quite hard in the back (23dmg). A gun misfires and explodes, and its weilder drops it quickly, his hand burnt. One hits Kelnar (8dmg). Thydin is struck hard (18dmg). The other is grazed (4dmg) by another bullet.

They drop their pistols and draw melee weapons. Seeing Thydin injured, the large man leading the newcomers strikes at him, missing twice but then smacking him accross the room (20 dmg).

Calim

First Post
Ravin's eyes glow with fire as he sees that he is needed to squelch this new threat. He steps away from the nearest attacker and starts casting using his rod hoping to place his pell for maximum effect to get only the attackers.

OOC MAXED fire ball 60 dc 23

reapersaurus

Explorer
Ubaar is visibly confused by Elone's attempts at grappling him.

He asks "her", while she's hanging from his arm, "What'sss the problem, El-oh-nay? Why you think you good at wrestling now? You use bow and arrow... wait..."

Ubaar clanks his Gauntlets of Rage together and Surges his Strength, increasing his might before grabbing "Elone", smelling her, then throwing her into the guard that was holding her.

"You no ssmell like El-Oh-Nay!" (presuming she doesn't smell like Elone).

DM_Matt

First Post
reapersaurus said:
Ubaar is visibly confused by Elone's attempts at grappling him.

He asks "her", while she's hanging from his arm, "What'sss the problem, El-oh-nay? Why you think you good at wrestling now? You use bow and arrow... wait..."

Ubaar clanks his Gauntlets of Rage together and Surges his Strength, increasing his might before grabbing "Elone", smelling her, then throwing her into the guard that was holding her.

"You no ssmell like El-Oh-Nay!" (presuming she doesn't smell like Elone).

"Elone" not only doesn't smell like Elone, but not like any living or undead thing that Ubaar could imagine. No breath smells, sweat smells, fleash smells, nothing...

Ubaar grabs "Elone," who is a lot stronger than he remembers Elone being, and throws her into the guard (20 dmg each).

Meanwhile, Mecholithi suddenly turns and attacks the elf Ilnur, satabbing him twice and hurting him rather badly (38dmg).He slashes at her (10dmg) and jumps back to the wall, trying to defend himself against oncoming attackers.

Ravin's fireball explodes in the hallway, moving in far enough to kill the four incoming guards, but not their leader. He charges Ravin and hits him accross the room (20dmg + 1 round stun).

Thydin attacks the gnome, who dodges his blows with little effort.

Jonathan comes to the defense of Ravin, spinning in with his quarterstaff, cracking with holy energy. The staff smacks the guard upside the head, then he ducks down slightly and to strikes it on the side of the knee (40dmg total, trip fails) with the other end.

The gnome shoots two rays at Kelnar, burning him badly (34dmg) and ruining his spell.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads