• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Age of Worms: Act I - The Whispering Cairn

unleashed

First Post
Orin Heartwood, Male Half-Elf Ranger

Going up and getting whatever light source they left in the kitchen, Orin brings it into the cellar as they look for another way out or any hiding places.

OOC: Don’t forget Orin is a half-elf so his vision will be better than the humans. Search +7

hippocrachus

First Post
"Shadow is the only one left unconscious. Your horse would definitely help ease our burden," he replies.

[sblock]Jorun seemed most avid to enter the cairns without delay. Rather ambitious ;) [/sblock]

Last edited:

Verbatim

Explorer
Grabbing a burning slat from the fire in the hearth, Orin carried the torch down the ladder and to the nest area. While the infant vermin recoiled slightly from the heat that was suddenly near them, Orin could see the recess beside the nest looked to his eyes like a collapsed burrowing tunnel. Whether the rain or time had collapsed it Orin was not sure, but he felt confident this was how the rats arrived in the celler.

As he moved the torch around more and examined the nest area further, Orin saw the gnawed remains of something and what appeared to be a partially covered metallic box of somekind.

unleashed

First Post

Sheathing his sword, Orin digs out the metal box and hands it to Samuel before collecting the ratlings in his cloak which he makes into a sling of sorts. Having finished searching he points Samuel back to the ladder following him out, putting out the makeshift torch before climbing the ladder himself.

Verbatim

Explorer
Once Samuel reaches the kitchen again, he places the metal box on the table and lifts up the catch to the box allowing everyone to look inside that choose to do so. A small bottle with a wax stopper, three leather pouches sitting atop a finely crafted ivory spined and leather bound book make up the contents of the box. When Samuel picks up the pouches the clink of coins is easy to hear and a wide grin spreads on his face.

unleashed

First Post

“Well it seems we’ve found all the mine office has to offer...so if you want to divide the coins now I’ll wait around, I think we can leave the other items until we have a better understanding of them, but then I’m going to head to the Bronzewood Lodge to drop off these ratlings and I’ll meet you at the Diamond Lake garrison after that.” Orin waits until a decision is made and actions taken, before heading out into the weather and towards the Bronzewood Lodge bow in hand.

Verbatim

Explorer
Seeing the uncut chunks of rose and blue colored stones on the table, Samuel reaches out and studies them by the fire for a few moments before setting them back down. Then turning his attention to the black stone necklace, he seems to spend a great deal of time looking at it, as if trying to make up his mind on something before speaking to you all. Finally his decisions made, he starts speaking speaking and while he might have entered at the end of the battle for the office, it seems he is trying his best to prove his worth to you all.

Uhm..before we split everything up, I think you all might want to know what these stones are. The red and blue stones are a type of quartz and since both are uncut, they aren't worth as much as they could be if they were properly shaped. Even with that limitation, the rose quartz will sell for a good price since it is pretty rare around here. The blue is more commonly found, but still worth several gold to the right seller.

Picking up the black necklace again, he feels the eyes of the room on him and warms up to his audience, their desire for wealth allowing him to grow more useful to them.

The necklace you took from the goblins is made of obsidian and has been shaped by a true master. Even in the Free City it would be worth a hundred gold easy, so we can only guess we could get twice that here in town.

unleashed

First Post

“Well I’d suggest keeping the gems and jewellery until we need to sell them, as they’re light and easy to hide...plus I'm sure the coins will cover any of our immediate needs unless someone needs a lot of ready coin right now,” Orin interjects as he awaits a decision.

Saterus

First Post
"I have no direct need yet, if the cairns truly have treasure richer than this then we would be best to wait and sell it all at the same time. Orin, you are going to take the ratlings to be cared for, right?" The thought of the ratlings unsettles him inside, making no outward reaction, but Samuel admires the man's kindness and mercy. Jorun, you are leading people back to the garrison, right? Assuming both men agree, "We had best be off before the man's condition begins to worsen again. The ratlings probably won't be helped by delaying either."

unleashed

First Post

“That’s correct Samuel, I’m taking them to the rangers and druids at the Bronzewood Lodge for care.”

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads